Fiserv is dropping BlackBerry as well.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 09:17 AM
    BB no longer has this market locked, there are many "goods" coming out of the woodwork.
    Many pretenders to the throne, you mean. Whatever happened to Samsung's Knox? Oh yeah, total fail because they don't own the best encryption and don't have strong firmware-level encryption.

When another provider gets ATO on DoD networks, BlackBerry will have competition in this arena. Right now nobody can touch them in the high-level security department.
    02-02-14 09:44 AM
    I really wonder how much this is helping them though.

Attachment 243880
    that might help but for existing BES customers BES10 is a free upgrade also or was that just a limited time?
    02-02-14 09:46 AM
    I'll be very concern with any company responsible for securing clients data try to save a few bucks by going to the lowest offer. Essentially you get what you pay for.
    02-02-14 11:11 AM
    What you did there. I see it.
    See, you did.

BlackBerry killer-yoda2.jpg
    02-02-14 07:06 PM
    When another provider gets ATO on DoD networks, BlackBerry will have competition in this arena. Right now nobody can touch them in the high-level security department.

And I believe that ATO will come quicker than you think, and the companies that get it will likely devote more resources to exploiting it than BlackBerry has, too.

There is no excuse to get complacent because of a fleeting advantage. Samsung is a very driven, and very wealthy competitor. Not to mention Apple.
    02-02-14 08:07 PM
    There is no excuse to get complacent because of a fleeting advantage. Samsung is a very driven, and very wealthy competitor. Not to mention Apple.
    I remember when the Galaxy S (the original S "1") was released, and people laughed at Samsung, and how they'd never be able to compete with the iPhone. Those people aren't laughing anymore.

Yes, it took a couple of iterations before Samsung got it right, but by the time the SIII came around, Samsung overtook Apple's phone sales, and they've continued to pull away.

Imagine Samsung having the same determination to succeed in the secure MDM/EDM arena with Knox, and you'll have a very good idea why Omnitech said the above. If you think Samsung isn't working on Knox day and night, and will continue to do so until they get it right, you haven't been paying attention. And once they DO get it right, BB is in big, BIG trouble. BB doesn't have forever to find some serious successes, because Samsung is closing that window every day. And you can bet that Samsung's coders are working with Google's coders to resolve underlying issues that have been problems for Knox. It's only a matter of time.
    02-02-14 11:50 PM
    I remember when the Galaxy S (the original S "1") was released, and people laughed at Samsung, and how they'd never be able to compete with the iPhone. Those people aren't laughing anymore.
    Also reminds me of the people who predicted that Windows Phone was going die within a year after release.
    02-03-14 12:50 AM
    Also reminds me of the people who predicted that Windows Phone was going die within a year after release.

Windows Phone has been limping along forever. They just called it something else before.

Before that it was Windows Mobile.

Before that it was Pocket PC.

Before that it was Windows CE. (Released in 1996)

Seems you can't kill it.

(And Microsoft has deep enough pockets to keep throwing money at it until it succeeds, eventually. Might only take them about 20 years. )
    02-03-14 08:38 AM
    Not for BB10. Only Good has APIs
    edit : and - of course - they paid and/or will pay for that (I don't know how the deal was set, but it seriously doubt it's free ).

Posted via CB10
    Just as BlackBerry has to pay for the 3rd Party support for iOS and Android that they are using in BES10. Which is one reason the rates for those devices are higher than for BB10 devices. When they eventually get support for Windows devices (which Good already has), I'm sure BlackBerry will be paying a royalty for that also.

What everyone fails to "get" is that BlackBerry now has competition and has had to drastically cut their MDM rates in order to prevent GOOD and the other 30 or so MDM platforms that are circling the injured Blackberry, to gain more of a foothold than they already have. BlackBerry expected to release BB10 and BES10 and the world would welcome them both with open arms... well it didn't happen. Yes BES is still the KING of MDM, not so sure if that is true of BES10..... But either way BlackBerry is making a LOT less profit per device from MDM than they were a few years ago. The question is will volume in sales offset the higher margins they once enjoyed? As BlackBery no longer wants to give details on subscribers... we don't know if licensing for iOS and Android are offsetting the losses as the BlackBerry user bases shrinks.

As for Security, don't fool yourselves.... take a look at the list of their current GOOD Customers these are not groups that don't care about security.
    02-03-14 09:32 AM
35 12