I like the new keyboard for the playbook, but I will not buy it, well atleast not yet. I want RIM to step and take the lead how about a better interface with the keyboard, not just bluetooth but a wired connection. How about adding a small amount of flash memory to it say maybe 8 gig or how about sd card support. This would be a gaint step up and blow any keyboard by any other tablet maker out of the water, and make RIM a first.
    03-13-12 05:17 PM
    I like it....just wish that was a real "leather" case. When I first saw Kevin's quick review a few months back, I wanted it.....not so sure now.
    03-13-12 05:24 PM
    O.M.G.

To be fair, I'm not buying it, either, but for cryin' out loud why are you taking shots at it for what it ISN'T?!

I'm not pre-ordering for two reasons: one, a keyboard is a very personal thing, and I'd like to see what kind of feel it has first; two, I've got a 9900 Bold and this thing essentially duplicates BB Remote for me. There may be a circumstance where that might be useful, but I'm in no rush.

But you... you're looking for a completely different product; you essentially want the PB to become an ASUS Transformer. That might not be a bad idea, per se, but there's a huge difference between a BT Keyboard/touchpad combo and an expansion chassis.

Frankly, if we're going that way I'd much rather RIM be really ambitious and offer that dock with HDMI-out, ethernet, and USB that would theoretically turn my tablet into an actual workstation. Ideally, though, I'd love for them to figure out a way to do that with magnetic ports such as the one for the rapid charger first.
    03-13-12 05:24 PM
    I like it....just wish that was a real "leather" case. When I first saw Kevin's quick review a few months back, I wanted it.....not so sure now.
    Don't get stuck on the case. Neither the PB nor the keyboard HAS to live there.

For instance, I kind of like the idea of having the PB in that nice leather Journal Case, propped up on an airline tray, while I type with the keyboard on my knees...
    03-13-12 05:27 PM
    O.M.G.

To be fair, I'm not buying it, either, but for cryin' out loud why are you taking shots at it for what it ISN'T?!

I'm not pre-ordering for two reasons: one, a keyboard is a very personal thing, and I'd like to see what kind of feel it has first; two, I've got a 9900 Bold and this thing essentially duplicates BB Remote for me. There may be a circumstance where that might be useful, but I'm in no rush.

But you... you're looking for a completely different product; you essentially want the PB to become an ASUS Transformer. That might not be a bad idea, per se, but there's a huge difference between a BT Keyboard/touchpad combo and an expansion chassis.

Frankly, if we're going that way I'd much rather RIM be really ambitious and offer that dock with HDMI-out, ethernet, and USB that would theoretically turn my tablet into an actual workstation. Ideally, though, I'd love for them to figure out a way to do that with magnetic ports such as the one for the rapid charger first.
    I...apologize......I just wanted a Leather case
    03-13-12 05:32 PM
    I'll be buying it if it is not leather
    03-13-12 05:52 PM
    O.M.G.

I am not taking shots, I was giving my thoughts on it, and what I would need to see before I would buy one. Let's not get it twisted RIM needs to step-up in both markets (phone/tablet) and a keyboard with memory add to it would be a gaint step. I have said the same thing about Apples keyboard for the IPAD. So no shots here just a thought!!!
    03-13-12 05:54 PM
    The keyboard looks like a high quality product. I'll buy it when I try it in the store.

A better price would be $90 (keep it under $100)
    03-13-12 07:00 PM
    I'm just.. um.
    Well Look, i have a BlackBerry SmartPhone. It's a great keyboard. Why would I need another? (Other than looking awesome.)
    03-13-12 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD