So over the last few weeks at my LCBO, I've had a few customers (though several of them have a BB) speak with me about the Key 3 and just yesterday another person brought up that the OS will be making a come back. I have not seen that shareholder again since February when there was an exclusive members only show not far down road.

His words of the Key 3 being updated minor areas had me thinking that there was more to what Blackberry had up their sleeve. Then came the move from Waterloo to Ottawa, several of my usual BB customers began telling me that the move was done to start working on the new Blackberry OS. Per the Key 3, only the camera had a minor fix and overall the device was going to be the same feel and look.

That brings me to the conclusion that Blackberry held off the Key 3 in Canada as well as the Red Edition's release. I can't quite put my finger on it, but part of me believes that we'll see Legacy devices with a new form of Blackberry OS. Going to Ottawa valley according to one customer who is an insider, was key to manufacturing the new line of products but also keeping it Canadian made. I never ask for more details than what they say to me, but I'm sure Blackberry is on the rise once again. If anything, I've been seeing lots of young folks in this affluent community of East York using Blackberry Key 2's and this seems to be an awakening of sorts. These people are movers and shakers, I would not doubt that Blackberry as an OS was ever gone for good.

Here's to Blackberry being able to come back and be itself. I know this community has yearned for so much hope, trust me, I never can understand how someone (especially an entire mall of people) walk around distracted with their iphones. I don't recall ever seeing people from 2004/2006-2012 being distracted if they had a Blackberry. Apple changed the game, and not for the better. For whatever reason that it's important for a Blackberry to be a Blackberry, I think this is why. It is not a toy or some other form that displaces us, that connection of motor-skills with hand to eye typing does something.

I'd really like to have something more concrete, not sure if or when such will happen, but I know my customers, when you walk into the 2nd largest and 3rd busiest LCBO in the province of Ontario, you know there's truth to the words of those who hold a Blackberry before them. It's even more entertaining when others catch a glimpse of a Key 2 silver/black thinking BB was no more, especially when they are holding an iPhone.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-11-19 02:34 AM
    I think that the hell will be frozen until we will see a new operating system by BlackBerry.
    deiop likes this.
    09-11-19 06:56 AM
    Hard no.
    deiop likes this.
    09-11-19 07:19 AM
    sounds like some hardcore smoke blowing, maybe in more ways than one! There is no "new OS" other than another yearly release of Android.
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-11-19 at 10:18 AM.
    deiop likes this.
    09-11-19 08:40 AM
    More wishful thinking. Not gonna happen.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-11-19 08:50 AM
    not sure if or when such will happen.

Never - it's over, it's gone. There is nobody left at Blackberry to build an OS and no finance to do it.

Table stakes to build an OS that can compete with Android/iOS would be tens of billions (because it's not just the OS, you need devices, you need carrier buy-in, you need developer buy-in) and Blackberry is simply too small and also not interested in doing this.
    09-11-19 09:06 AM
    Ummm......
    09-11-19 09:57 AM
    Never - it's over, it's gone. There is nobody left at Blackberry to build an OS and no finance to do it.

Table stakes to build an OS that can compete with Android/iOS would be tens of billions (because it's not just the OS, you need devices, you need carrier buy-in, you need developer buy-in) and Blackberry is simply too small and also not interested in doing this.
    Just look at the companies that currently depend on Android for it’s hardware that have recently tried developing parallel or replacement OS for anti-dependency reasons.

Epic money spent already for zero return
    cgk likes this.
    09-11-19 10:03 AM
    Blackberry lost 10 billion dollars last time. Put itself for sale, nearly went insolvent. Thousands of people lost their jobs. The brand is the most tarnished in the entire smartphone industry. Why would any sane person or entity go back down that same road?
    ppeters914 and bakron1 like this.
    09-11-19 10:57 AM
    I think it makes perfect sense that these conversations took place at the LCBO.

For the uninformed, the LCBO is basically the booze store (Liquor Control Board of Ontario)
    09-11-19 11:22 AM
    I think it makes perfect sense that these conversations took place at the LCBO.

For the uninformed, the LCBO is basically the booze store (Liquor Control Board of Ontario)
    LMAO - does make a person wonder...
    09-11-19 11:33 AM
    @NYTOC83

You're the only person I know who has managed to post commentary to a forum while dreaming.
    09-11-19 11:35 AM
    I'm assuming these conversations came out after drinking every last drop within said LCBO?
    09-11-19 12:04 PM
    I'm assuming these conversations came out after drinking every last drop within said LCBO?
    ppeters914 and pgg101 like this.
    09-11-19 12:14 PM
    BlackBerry hasn't even been in the smartphone business for the last 3 years. All they have done is licensed the name, a bit of tech, and provided their own security for Android. Zero work has been done on BB10 and there aren't even people to do so. This is pure fantasy.
    ppeters914 and John Albert like this.
    09-11-19 12:23 PM
    09-11-19 01:23 PM
    LMAO - does make a person wonder...
    Totally. By the time I was finished the article I was forming the opinion that there was sampling of the wares happening.

Fortunately, being a citizen of Canada I didn't have to have LCBO explained to me.
    09-11-19 01:42 PM
    LOL What are they saying over at the OCS?
    09-11-19 02:33 PM
    LOL What are they saying over at the OCS?
    Ontario Controlled Substance _____?
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-11-19 02:40 PM
    Ontario Controlled Substance _____?
    Close, but no doobie - Ontario Cannabis Store.
    09-11-19 02:46 PM
    Close, but no doobie - Ontario Cannabis Store.
    LMAO - I tried...
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-11-19 02:47 PM
    LMAO - I tried...
    I know. Canada is a very complicated place. ;-)
    09-11-19 02:50 PM
    Hmmmm....
    09-11-19 02:52 PM
    That thread is very cute. I love it 😂
    09-11-19 03:15 PM
    Funny post OP!
    09-11-19 03:59 PM
50 12