All of the blackberry hub+ apps and services just got an update to be able to run their apps through android 9 and earlier on my Keytwo. Does that mean anything???
    11-21-19 04:21 PM
    All of the blackberry hub+ apps and services just got an update to be able to run their apps through android 9 and earlier on my Keytwo. Does that mean anything???
    No.
    John Albert and moses4188 like this.
    11-21-19 04:30 PM
    If you want the most up to date and secure Android device, get a Pixel....
    Sime0n_S and moses4188 like this.
    11-21-19 05:27 PM
    It means that they have subscribers using other OEMs' hardware. Please do not read anything more into that - that is not a sign that they will produce OS updates for TCL hardware.
    11-21-19 05:36 PM
    11-22-19 12:16 AM
    If you want the most secure and best supported Android, then get an iPhone! Lol

Posted via my Passport
    Tsepz_GP and Sime0n_S like this.
    11-22-19 12:21 AM
    If you want the most secure and best supported Android, then get an iPhone! Lol

Posted via my Passport
    It’s beautiful
    Knowing that your device will probably remain fully supported with OS updates and security patches for at least the next 5 years. My iPad Air 2 is on its 5th year of software and OS updates and it seems Apple are not planning on killing support for it anytime soon.

I WISH Android OEMs did this. Imagine if the BB PRIV was still getting updates.
    moses4188 likes this.
    11-22-19 04:01 AM
    It’s beautiful
    Knowing that your device will probably remain fully supported with OS updates and security patches for at least the next 5 years.
    what would be even more beautiful is if the damn thing would be more enjoyable to use lol
    Imagine if the BB PRIV was still getting updates.
    if the Priv had even just gotten Nougat, I'd still be using one to this day
    glwerry likes this.
    11-22-19 05:59 AM
    what would be even more beautiful is if the damn thing would be more enjoyable to use lol
    There’s nothing more enjoyable than opening a Website or a Tweet on my iPhone and then moving to my iPad having the Website or Tweet open to the exact place I left it on my iPhone.

Nothing more enjoyable than beginning the draft of a mail on my iPhone and then deciding that I would like to move to my iPad and finding the exact place where I left my draft email right to the final letter sitting on my iPad waiting for me to continue

Nothing better than receiving my flight boarding pass and having it automatically added to my Wallet, when I get to the boarding gate I simply raise my watch, hit wallet and they scan my Watch, no need to fiddle with a phone or print out a boarding pass.

Nothing better than receiving a call on my iPhone but maybe I have left it on the charger in my room, yet got my iPad on me or Watch on me and being able to to simply accept the call right on my Watch or my iPad.

Nothing better than being able to call an Uber from my Watch.

Nothing more enjoyable than listening to a Podcast in the car then getting to my desk and continuing that podcast on my iPad or MacBook where I left off,

Nothing better than hitting Copy on my MacBook and hitting paste on my iPhone and the very thing I had copied seamlessly transferred to my iPhone and pasted.

It’s very enjoyable, and there’s really nothing else that matches it features like Handoff, the quality of apps and games and the sheer amount of attention to detail is everything. Then there’s the endless number of accessories support, and just the speed and fluidity of the OS.

Then of course there’s nothing better than not having to wait for updates that you know are out, if an update is out my devices get it all at once, none of that carrier approval nonsense.

I could go on
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    11-22-19 08:21 AM
    You know, your comments echo with me.
    I have an iPad and REALLY like it. I went from a Playbook (which I liked fine) but wanted a larger screen for viewing photos, so the wife went out and bought me an iPad (Air). Great stuff.

HOWEVER, put an iPhone in my hands and I'm just IRKED. Very odd ... I guess the physical keyboard is just an overwhelming draw for me.
    11-22-19 10:34 AM
    There’s nothing more enjoyable than opening a Website or a Tweet on my iPhone and then moving to my iPad having the Website or Tweet open to the exact place I left it on my iPhone.

Nothing more enjoyable than beginning the draft of a mail on my iPhone and then deciding that I would like to move to my iPad and finding the exact place where I left my draft email right to the final letter sitting on my iPad waiting for me to continue

Nothing better than receiving my flight boarding pass and having it automatically added to my Wallet, when I get to the boarding gate I simply raise my watch, hit wallet and they scan my Watch, no need to fiddle with a phone or print out a boarding pass.

Nothing better than receiving a call on my iPhone but maybe I have left it on the charger in my room, yet got my iPad on me or Watch on me and being able to to simply accept the call right on my Watch or my iPad.

Nothing better than being able to call an Uber from my Watch.

Nothing more enjoyable than listening to a Podcast in the car then getting to my desk and continuing that podcast on my iPad or MacBook where I left off,

Nothing better than hitting Copy on my MacBook and hitting paste on my iPhone and the very thing I had copied seamlessly transferred to my iPhone and pasted.

It’s very enjoyable, and there’s really nothing else that matches it features like Handoff, the quality of apps and games and the sheer amount of attention to detail is everything. Then there’s the endless number of accessories support, and just the speed and fluidity of the OS.

Then of course there’s nothing better than not having to wait for updates that you know are out, if an update is out my devices get it all at once, none of that carrier approval nonsense.

I could go on
    BlackBerry KEY2 getting Android 9?-73cd8f9e77fa9af8c371849e22f31ee2.jpeg

Seems like you're all in on that iOS integration lol
    11-22-19 11:03 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73cd8f9e77fa9af8c371849e22f31ee2.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	446787

Seems like you're all in on that iOS integration lol
    It’s disgusting. I can’t escape. The other day I wanted to put my main SIM card back in my p30 pro for the day, but then I thought of all that I would lose (the above) and I was like ooookay....well...thaaaats not gona happen I guess...

But now I totally get why my Dad could never leave his iPhone, he used to be a hardcore Blackberry person, then the iPhone 3GS landed here and he was changed forever.
    11-22-19 11:24 AM
    It’s disgusting. I can’t escape. The other day I wanted to put my main SIM card back in my p30 pro for the day, but then I thought of all that I would lose (the above) and I was like ooookay....well...thaaaats not gona happen I guess...

But now I totally get why my Dad could never leave his iPhone, he used to be a hardcore Blackberry person, then the iPhone 3GS landed here and he was changed forever.
    Don't you hate it when your parents are smarter than you are....
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-22-19 11:41 AM
    Don't you hate it when your parents are smarter than you are....
    Indeed
    He has been slowly reeling me in though, back in 2012 when I was in varsity he bought me an iPad 4 LTE in Dubai while on a business trip, he knew that would lay the seed in me. In 2015 when my iPad 4 was getting old I looked for a new tablet and what happened? I got an iPad Air 2 as I was already invested in iOS at this point. Since then it’s been me fighting the urge to get an iPhone and when the XS Max landed I got to have a go at it and it left an impression that I eventually caved in for early this year.
    11-22-19 11:54 AM
    [IMG=555x553]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191122/ac1709c888016e19cb53067e1a94678e.jpg[/url]

Ok, so if you used any Android phone, what kind of compatibility (or lack of) would you have when it comes to the Apple Watch, the iPad and the AirPods or whatever?
    11-22-19 12:08 PM
    Ok, so if you used any Android phone, what kind of compatibility (or lack of) would you have when it comes to the Apple Watch, the iPad and the AirPods or whatever?
    Apple Watch has absolutely no compatibility with Android phones, Apple has made absolutely sure of that.

In terms of iPad the usage of Google and Microsoft apps helped a lot but I wanted to transfer anything between e.g my P30 Pro or Galaxy Note8 to my iPad I would either need to email it to myself and download on the iPad or vice Versa or upload to OneDrive or Google Drive, Apple devices don’t really speak directly to devices outside of their ecosystem.

AirPods I don’t own, I use a pair of Huawei Freelace BT headphones, they work well with any device that supports BT Audio.

The level of integration one has amongst Apple devices is unparalleled even amongst Androids. Apple are highly focused on making the the small things you do 95% of the time work REALLY well, as you use iOS and accompanying devices you begin to realise the sheer level of detail this crazy company pays to the actual user experience outside of features.

If you have a mix set of devices e.g. an iPhone and Android tablet and some 3rd party brand smartwatch, you will never have an optimal experience, they all need to be Apple.

This is how they get you and keep you locked in.
    11-22-19 12:25 PM
    This is how they get you and keep you locked in.
    Oh man I would hate to be in that cage
    Tsepz_GP, moosbb, Sigewif and 1 others like this.
    11-22-19 12:36 PM
    Oh man I would hate to be in that cage
    Pure madness, but I am loving it. What would be horrible is if they were to go under tomorrow, one would have a difficult time finding this experience anywhere else.

Let’s put it this way, Apple iOS fans are the new BlackBerry OS Fans, in the same way you miss BB , the PKB and what BBOS brought, if Apple were to disappear many would not be able to replicate this setup again. No other phone maker owns the software and hardware the way Apple do and the way BB did.

What BB was trying to do with BB10 and the BB Playbook was very close to what Apple has now. Microsoft also got very close with W10M and their ownership of Nokia.
    11-22-19 12:44 PM

What BB was trying to do with BB10 and the BB Playbook was very close to what Apple has now. Microsoft also got very close with W10M and their ownership of Nokia.
    Have a Surface Pro Tablet... was really wanting to see that Surface Phone.

That said a Windows Tablet without all the apps.... not too big of a deal. A Surface Phone would have never succeeded, even as much as I wanted it too.... without the apps to make it a platform.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-22-19 12:56 PM
    Android has had all of this functionality for years as well - for those using the Google ecosystem - but when you insist on using BB apps and refuse to use the cloud, of course you don't get that experience. And Android plays nice with other brands - Apple never really has and likely never will.
    Tsepz_GP, John Albert and bh7171 like this.
    11-22-19 01:04 PM
    Have a Surface Pro Tablet... was really wanting to see that Surface Phone.

That said a Windows Tablet without all the apps.... not too big of a deal. A Surface Phone would have never succeeded, even as much as I wanted it too.... without the apps to make it a platform.
    Absolutely agreed, it’s such a shame they took so damn long in reacting to Android and iOS, had they launched WP7 a year earlier they would have captured developers easily but they were far too slow and lost a lot of ground in 2009, while the iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID and HTC Hero took the attention of developers on iOS and Android respectively.
    11-22-19 01:16 PM
    Let’s put it this way, Apple iOS fans are the new BlackBerry OS Fans, in the same way you miss BB , the PKB and what BBOS brought
    Eh, me personally I'm pretty much only here for the PKB ride (but also the notification LED, build design and grippy back are definitely a big plus)
    11-22-19 01:19 PM
    Absolutely agreed, it’s such a shame they took so damn long in reacting to Android and iOS, had they launched WP7 a year earlier they would have captured developers easily but they were far too slow and lost a lot of ground in 2009, while the iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID and HTC Hero took the attention of developers on iOS and Android respectively.
    MS just wouldn't stick with something and grow it, they kept jumping around from product to product... each time leaving users and developers having to "start over". Like BlackBerry sticking to Java too long, MS stuck with Windows CE way too long. Messing around with Windows RT and then not even having upgrade paths between Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8.

It kinda like BlackBerry.... jumping from BBOS to BB10 then to Android then to licensing out android and not supporting their own android devices. At what point could any believe that a device would get long term support.

BlackBerry just didn't have a clue, Microsoft should have know better...
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-22-19 01:44 PM
    is there any reason in installing updates today to the hub if for Android 9 and key 2 is only 8?and will never get 9?
    11-22-19 02:03 PM
    is there any reason in installing updates today to the hub if for Android 9 and key 2 is only 8?and will never get 9?
    The apps do support both Android 9 & 10... if you are on a phone that runs either of those.

Many of the fixes or improvements will still benefit you if you are only on Android 8.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-22-19 02:26 PM
46 12