After seeing the new ad for the Q10, I started to think why I like it much better then the Keep Moving ads when I realized it was as simple as commercial highlighting the Q10 for the entire 30 seconds of the commercial. When you look at the Keep Moving ads, the phone is only on screen for ~20s of a 60s commercial and ~11s of a 30s commercial. When trying to highlight a brand new OS it would seem like a horrible strategy to only show the phone for 1/3 of the time. With BB10 having so many new features over BB7 as well as iOS/Android, I think a commercial should spend as much as it can to show off the new features. With BlackBerry talking so much about Flow, there isn't anything even close to that in the old ads.

Those Keep Moving ads need to be ditched immediately and more commercials similar to the new Q10 ad have to be deployed as soon as possible.
    jason9900 likes this.
    07-02-13 04:15 PM
    Actually, people are more likely to buy because they recognize a brand than because the features are better.

And they're more likely to recognize the brand if a catchy commercial sticks in their mind.

That being said, I haven't seen those commercials to have any opinions on whether they sick or not.
    07-02-13 04:36 PM
    At least they should show in the commercial how to use swipe up gesture to wake up a phone. That's the biggest learning curve for a new user.
    07-02-13 04:44 PM
    After seeing the new ad for the Q10, I started to think why I like it much better then the Keep Moving ads when I realized it was as simple as commercial highlighting the Q10 for the entire 30 seconds of the commercial. When you look at the Keep Moving ads, the phone is only on screen for ~20s of a 60s commercial and ~11s of a 30s commercial. When trying to highlight a brand new OS it would seem like a horrible strategy to only show the phone for 1/3 of the time. With BB10 having so many new features over BB7 as well as iOS/Android, I think a commercial should spend as much as it can to show off the new features. With BlackBerry talking so much about Flow, there isn't anything even close to that in the old ads.

Those Keep Moving ads need to be ditched immediately and more commercials similar to the new Q10 ad have to be deployed as soon as possible.
    If there was a scale from 1-10 on how much I agree with you, I would rank at 1,000,000. The Q10 is simple and it shows the phone, because people are buying a phone! They don't want to see some gymnast and break dancing moving in and out of different scenery then at the last minute be told oh btw this is the new Z10. Advertising is getting way to creative these days they are missing the point entirely. Show the product and keep it informative.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:58 PM
    that's because Frank Boulben wouldn't know what grabs the attention of a consumer if you punched him in the throat with it...
    asking the BB marketing team to figure out how to create buzz for a phone is like asking Paula Deen to come up with a good ad for the Ebony channel

Posted via CB10
    lazyasada likes this.
    07-02-13 05:08 PM
    Yet another glass is half empty reply......geez!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:14 PM
    that's because Frank Boulben wouldn't know what grabs the attention of a consumer if you punched him in the throat with it...
    asking the BB marketing team to figure out how to create buzz for a phone is like asking Paula Deen to come up with a good ad for the Ebony channel

Posted via CB10
    If you punched him in throat, he wouldn't be alive...
    07-02-13 05:16 PM
    that's because Frank Boulben wouldn't know what grabs the attention of a consumer if you punched him in the throat with it...asking the BB marketing team to figure out how to create buzz for a phone is like asking Paula Deen to come up with a good ad for the Ebony channelPosted via CB10
    A better joke would have been asking Alec Baldwin to come up with a good ad for LGBT Alliance, but the politically biased media ruined that one by giving him a pass on his twitter post.
    07-02-13 05:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think they're getting it but they definitely need to convert the old keep moving ads to one's similar to the new Q10 one.
    07-03-13 05:48 PM