Ferociously advertising in Instagram now where the majority of multitudes of millions are considered cool

I checked my newsfeed and there it was at the top among my friends's activity. Now hopefully it wasn't just learning my search algorithms and putting it for me, I would hope it's going out to everyone because it does say "sponsored."

It's a decent little advertisement video explaining how the headphone wires act to make the radio signal stronger and the video mentions how BlackBerry is not afraid to do things differently. At least they're out there on this...

idssteve likes this.
    09-14-17 03:35 AM
    Cool! Maybe "sponsored" is a sign of life from something resembling a marketing dept? Lol.

Nothing really new about FM receiver... except for absence of BB's more typical "secrecy"... lol.

Now, if we might only hope for an FM transmitter for playing over car stereo... lol.

Still waiting for my K1 to arrive. No real rush since I'm happy enough with my other handsets AND I'd just as soon they sort any bugs out before shipping. Starting to get impatient to try it, tho. Lol. Thanks for sharing.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-14-17 05:19 AM
    Cool! Maybe "sponsored" is a sign of life from something resembling a marketing dept? Lol.

Nothing really new about FM receiver... except for absence of BB's more typical "secrecy"... lol.

Now, if we might only hope for an FM transmitter for playing over car stereo... lol.

Still waiting for my K1 to arrive. No real rush since I'm happy enough with my other handsets AND I'd just as soon they sort any bugs out before shipping. Starting to get impatient to try it, tho. Lol. Thanks for sharing.
    I know, it seems like the advertisement was a little "elementary" meaning these are features that everyone should know about anyway but maybe they were trying to appeal to some raw nature of human needs or something
    09-14-17 09:36 AM
    I've seen some BlackBerry ads on a few websites....

It's more targeted marketing based on search history,. So it's hard to say how many people this really reaches, but it's better than nothing.
    09-14-17 10:04 AM
    I know, it seems like the advertisement was a little "elementary" meaning these are features that everyone should know about anyway but maybe they were trying to appeal to some raw nature of human needs or something
    Haha... Elementary beats silence ANY day...
    09-14-17 01:32 PM
    Is it the Kay One or Keyone?
    09-16-17 01:48 PM
    I just say K1
    09-16-17 03:39 PM
    Mercury is cooler imo
    09-16-17 04:58 PM
    Mercury is cooler imo
    Probably not a good idea to name it after a car brand they killed off in Canada 15 years ago LOL.
    09-16-17 05:00 PM
    Probably not a good idea to name it after a car brand they killed off in Canada 15 years ago LOL.
    In any case, I hope they won't rename the Krypton something like SLABone or TOUCHone, that would be facepalm. Krypton sounds awesome
    09-16-17 05:04 PM
    In any case, I hope they won't rename the Krypton something like SLABone or TOUCHone, that would be facepalm. Krypton sounds awesome
    Wonder if Superman would get one? Lol.
    09-16-17 11:10 PM
    Always thought "Storm" was a pretty insensitive name just a few years after Katrina... lol.
    09-16-17 11:11 PM
    Always thought "Storm" was a pretty insensitive name just a few years after Katrina... lol.
    Well as long as Apple didn't call it "Storm" after Katrina

Being a Cdn company I was surprised it wasn't called the Blackberry "apology."
    09-17-17 01:43 AM
    Our IT guy still assures unlocked "vzw" K1 to arrive at any time... I showed him that I can get one thru Amazon by Tues.... ??? Poor guy just never knows what to expect out of my crew... lol.

A coworker stationed "on the far side" claims he might be able to send a 4/64GB Limited but doesn't think it'd be compatible with US VZW.... anyone here know about that???

UPDATE: just learned (set straight by coworkers at the breakroom table. Lol) that the 4/64 is NOT cdma. Oh well. Guess 3/32 will do for now.
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-17-17 at 08:14 AM.
    09-17-17 06:23 AM
    Well as long as Apple didn't call it "Storm" after Katrina

Being a Cdn company I was surprised it wasn't called the Blackberry "apology."
    Lol... i'll guarantee it got called FAR worse!! Lol.
    09-17-17 08:50 AM