OK...I've been a member for about 2 years, mostly lurking with few posts. Now, I'm donning my flame suit and posing a question or two:
    Here goes...why does Crackberry have so many complainers? Is it the product or is it the culture that is nurtured here? Hint* I believe it's the latter.

If you look at iphone or android forums, you see very few posts of the "I hate this phone" nature.
    You don't see: "I didn't do my homework, had no idea if the phone would do what I wanted, but bought it anyway and now I want everyone to know how frustrated I am that my entry level phone doesn't have enough memory to manage 200 email accounts.
    You don't see: I bought this phone...paid full price only to find out that Android apps run slower than on my Android. Duh!
    Why would anyone buy a phone...especially a new one they have never used and complain after the fact that they liked their
    old phone better. OS7 users...BB10 has been out for two years. You don't need to be a search ninja to know that it does some things
    "differently" than the 9900 OS7.x phones. Do you really think they are going to change it just for you? Move on...get over it.

Back to original question: Is it the product? I don't think so...it's the idea that it should do what you want it to the way you want it to instead of the way it was made to do it. If you can't live without certain programs...BB probably won't make you happy. In fact, where did this idea that phones were a key to satisfaction in life come from? I think it's the culture nurtured here for complainers that doesn't seem to exist to anywhere near this extent on other brand forums. If that's what you value...so be it. I think it varies between silly to counterproductive. 10.3.1 will get here when it gets here...and guess what...it probably won't make you happy either.

Rant over.
    02-10-15 04:16 PM
    All kinds of people make the world go round.
    02-10-15 04:24 PM
    OK...I've been a member for about 2 years, mostly lurking with few posts. Now, I'm donning my flame suit and posing a question or two:
    Here goes...why does Crackberry have so many complainers? Is it the product or is it the culture that is nurtured here? Hint* I believe it's the latter.

If you look at iphone or android forums, you see very few posts of the "I hate this phone" nature.
    You don't see: "I didn't do my homework, had no idea if the phone would do what I wanted, but bought it anyway and now I want everyone to know how frustrated I am that my entry level phone doesn't have enough memory to manage 200 email accounts.
    You don't see: I bought this phone...paid full price only to find out that Android apps run slower than on my Android. Duh!
    Why would anyone buy a phone...especially a new one they have never used and complain after the fact that they liked their
    old phone better. OS7 users...BB10 has been out for two years. You don't need to be a search ninja to know that it does some things
    "differently" than the 9900 OS7.x phones. Do you really think they are going to change it just for you? Move on...get over it.

Back to original question: Is it the product? I don't think so...it's the idea that it should do what you want it to the way you want it to instead of the way it was made to do it. If you can't live without certain programs...BB probably won't make you happy. In fact, where did this idea that phones were a key to satisfaction in life come from? I think it's the culture nurtured here for complainers that doesn't seem to exist to anywhere near this extent on other brand forums. If that's what you value...so be it. I think it varies between silly to counterproductive. 10.3.1 will get here when it gets here...and guess what...it probably won't make you happy either.

Rant over.
    Sign if the times, selfishness rules the day.

Posted via CB10
    Bob Ahlberg, mk2234 and bungaboy like this.
    02-10-15 04:30 PM
    It's not us... It's you! ;-)

JK. LoloL

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 04:48 PM
    Maybe there's an android app for complaining that hasn't been ported over to Blackberry? CB'ers have to vent here? (yes. I was dropped as a child).

Z10-9900-Playbook
    shaleem, kbz1960 and BerryRipe like this.
    02-10-15 05:22 PM
    It is a high drama place. That's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 05:24 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    True OP: reflects the wide spectrum of people on Crackberry, and while there is a great wealth of very professional, experienced and very knowledgeable members.... who are more than willing to help answer member questions... it does also seem to attract the whiners and those who refuse to read posts to find answers to their own questions..

Much easier to take the lazy route and post a new thread with a bold headline... complaining about this or that because THEY don't get it lol...it's too expensive for THEIR budget etc...

Best to not feed the attention getters or drama queens", LOL, while offering assistance to those showing more professionalism and willingness to make the Blackberry experience work for them.

Imo....

Long time blackberry user (2002- present)

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 05:28 PM
    Well OP, I've been a Crackberry member for many years. I've seen my share of BlackBerry users on this site flat out flame,insult, ridicule and just be rude to anyone who dared to be critical of BlackBerry. So, I ask, do you just want a website full of people who just sing the praises of BlackBerry? Sorry, I love BlackBerry, but if I feel a need to be critical about certain aspects, I'm going to voice my opinion. So often I see people call others sheep for preferring other devices. They aren't aware of the fact that they are hypocrites. Frankly, I don't care what anyone thinks of my choices and I certainly don't need, nor seek, the approval of those who are just as sheep like as those they criticize.

Posted using my Z10
    02-10-15 05:54 PM
    I think it's a combination of a few factors, mainly the different types of people we have in our community. See, BlackBerry has recently transitioned from an old, outdated, dyeing platform (BBOS) and this has created three distinct types of posters. There are still people in this community that prefer the old OS, you could call these people the Fudds. Then there are people in the community that will blindly follow BlackBerry to the edges of the world, we will call these the Fanbois. Finally, we have members of the community that are sick and tired of the Fudds and the Fanbois, the Disgruntled you could say.

You putt the Fudd, the Fanboi, and the Disgruntled all into the same room together and you have Crackberry you see. All the Fudd talks about is how great his old Bold 9900 was and how much better his email was when it was in separate folders. All the Fanboi does is post about how they "don't have this problem." And, finally, the Disgruntled can't help themselves and tells everyone how wrong they are in some crazy rant. This generally stifles any sort of productive discussion.
    02-10-15 06:16 PM
    You putt the Fudd, the Fanboi, and the Disgruntled all into the same room together and you have Crackberry you see. All the Fudd talks about is how great his old Bold 9900 was and how much better his email was when it was in separate folders. All the Fanboi does is post about how they "don't have this problem." And, finally, the Disgruntled can't help themselves and tells everyone how wrong they are in some crazy rant. This generally stifles any sort of productive discussion.
    Plus the "BlackBerry is dumb, my iPhone is sooooooooo much better" types that invariably appear.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:31 PM
    When you're fighting for your life things can get pretty intense

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    j21jam6 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    02-10-15 06:34 PM
    One thing is for certain, we all love our technology ;-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    j21jam6 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    02-10-15 06:40 PM
    I've been a member for years, too. I think Crackberry is the tip of the spear for BlackBerry users and if BlackBerry� doesn't monitor it they are fools. If you have a blackberry you are either forced to use one, in a third world country, or gave serious thought to your purchase. I think most people here are in the latter group and therefore think and ***** more than the average bear, myself included.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, j21jam6 and haringfish like this.
    02-10-15 06:48 PM
    Many people are afraid of change. BB10 represents a change in the way people interact with their phones and even though it may be superior in some respects to the others, there are those who wouldn't understand it because they're used to doing things a certain way and some people can't learn. They don't want to learn. They don't care to learn. They don't care to think. They just prefer to fit in. To settle. I felt like BlackBerry gave in to those and lost a bit if their identity when they removed the tap anywhere on the screen to take a pic feature. Apple and Steve Jobs promoted ease of use but what we have today is people who simply refuse to use their brains. The ones who enjoy thinking and tinkering and truth are the ones who would really see BB10 for what it truly is and appreciate and extoll it's virtues relative to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 and anon(7915689) like this.
    02-10-15 06:50 PM
    Dude welcome to the Internet. Most of what people post in online comments and forums is negative. Not really a related to BlackBerry at all.
    j21jam6, kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    02-10-15 06:57 PM
    I'm also getting real sick of the complainers. The product is exceptional and have place to upgrade, but there's no need to whine 1 post on 5

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-10-15 07:00 PM
    Anyone remember when a phone's sole purpose was to allow two people to communicate and no one bothered looking on the bottom of your phone to see who it was made by? Now, if it doesn't predict the future, cook your supper, serve as a flotation device, and make you a part of the "electronic elite" people complain bitterly that they have been screwed. It would seem that progress has not brought humankind much in the way of happiness...
    02-10-15 07:09 PM
    Congratulations, you thread seems to fit right in with the culture.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 07:10 PM
    Well OP, I've been a Crackberry member for many years. I've seen my share of BlackBerry users on this site flat out flame,insult, ridicule and just be rude to anyone who dared to be critical of BlackBerry.
    This. I think the "negativity" is reciprocal of the "fanaticism" on Crackberry. The more wrong someone is the more compelled others will be to correct them and staunch fans of any platform are more likely to be misinformed. The other reason is that the "fanaticism" just makes Blackberry fans easy targets for trolls. The moral of the story is if Crackberry users made more rational arguments and stopped complaining about complainers/feeding the trolls, the complainers would disappear.
    JeepBB, shaleem, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    02-10-15 07:19 PM
    I think this thread is based on a flawed assumption that the complaints are bad or a negative reflection on Blackberry. Sure, there are some on these pages that just want to slam Blackberry. But most of the complaints raise some form of legitimate gripe. Maybe it could have been avoided, maybe they should have known better, maybe they should acknowledge defeat and move on. But I'll give you my perspective for what it's worth. I love technology and I love gadgets. And I have extremely high expectations and demands from my technology and gadgets. When I don't get what I want from a product, I have been known to voice my thoughts, my opinions, my desires and even my complaints. Sometimes, it's just venting about something I know is gone forever. Sometimes it's wishful thinking about something that might come down the road. Sometimes it's pointing out that another gadget does something better or worse and deserves admiration or derision. These forums are about expressing opinions and offering solutions. To be honest, attacking the "whiners" is the single most annoying type of message on these boards. Just my $0.02.
    ADGrant likes this.
    02-10-15 07:40 PM
    Anyone remember when a phone's sole purpose was to allow two people to communicate and no one bothered looking on the bottom of your phone to see who it was made by? Now, if it doesn't predict the future, cook your supper, serve as a flotation device, and make you a part of the "electronic elite" people complain bitterly that they have been screwed. It would seem that progress has not brought humankind much in the way of happiness...
    I liked my bag phone.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-10-15 07:46 PM
    We got used to having custom themes. Well maybe we are just perfectionists and irritated by the rapid turn around by other manufacturers. It could also be the other phone complainers are on the sites of the software developers. I had a laugh at all the whining on Rovios fb page about angry birds transformers. It was not released in as functional as the ios version. Not to mention a lot of droid users I know keep getting new phones because they don't hold up to the user. Don't know if it is the phone or the user. Us BlackBerry users can't always just walk into a store and get a replacement if we destroy it. Me personally just wanted a bigger battery and mirrorcast

�I am what I am, and that's all that I am.�
    02-10-15 07:57 PM
    OP came to question the culture, fell right into it.
    02-10-15 08:21 PM
    Good rant. +1. Would read again. However, I'm busy.

Is it Blackberry or just Crackberry?-duty_calls.png

On the serious side though, I don't think it's any of what you mentioned. It's the world and well, the internet. People are increasingly hateful these days all around and for whatever reason, smartphone discussion seems to bring that out in crazy amounts, just like politics does and vaccination discussions and well, pretty much anything lol. The world is in the crapper and we're all turning into a scene from Idiocracy. It's sad when at the end of my day I seek out what is likely false signs of hope in humanity just to feel better. see: YouTube videos of people doing nice things for others that are almost certainly staged.
    02-10-15 08:32 PM
    Good rant. +1. Would read again. However, I'm busy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duty_calls.png 
Views:	1355 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	332946

On the serious side though, I don't think it's any of what you mentioned. It's the world and well, the internet. People are increasingly hateful these days all around and for whatever reason, smartphone discussion seems to bring that out in crazy amounts, just like politics does and vaccination discussions and well, pretty much anything lol. The world is in the crapper and we're all turning into a scene from Idiocracy. It's sad when at the end of my day I seek out what is likely false signs of hope in humanity just to feel better. see: YouTube videos of people doing nice things for others that are almost certainly staged.
    NO YOU SAID THE "V" WORD!!!!! Now it's going to be hyper political, bad commentator. Now go watch a few Teletubby episodes as punishment

�I am what I am, and that's all that I am.�
    02-10-15 09:10 PM
152 123 ...