BlackBerry needs a Curve prices PKB phone.
    Since forever. There hasn't been one after the Q5.
    The Juno could be the Q5 to the KEYone.
    But it should retain the USPs of the KEYone.
    The touch sensitive keyboard, the fingerprint sensor on the space bar. The excellent battery life, the efficient software.
    Cut down on the build quality (make it plastic but solid) cut down on the cameras (8MP/5MP but don't make them terrible, they should still be serviceable)
    Keep everything else exactly the same.
    And price it no more than $299 (US that is).
    Should sell really well in the enterprise as well as consumer market.
    Because seriously PKB is the only reason people will carry a BlackBerry in the enterprise but they don't because not everyone can afford a $549 phone.
    There are a lot of consumers from the curve era that want a PKB phone but aren't willing to fork that much premium just for a PKB. Otherwise at the price of the KEYone, they would rather buy a 1+5 (Which is fair enough)
    BBMobile should look to target a bigger audience with the keyboard and the right price point.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 05:57 AM
    Most of Enterprise currently seems to be OK paying premium priced for current or last years flagships from Apple or Samsung. Most "cheap" enterprise customers.... went to BYOD, long ago. Those with a higher need for security... tend to be willing to pay for it.

I get some consumers would appreciate more competitive priced devices.....

Maybe we will soon see that BlackBerry Mobile has planned for those two other devices.... Maybe we will get a DTEK50 refresh, and maybe they hit the $299 price point?
    08-29-17 08:19 AM
    Most of Enterprise currently seems to be OK paying premium priced for current or last years flagships from Apple or Samsung. Most "cheap" enterprise customers.... went to BYOD, long ago. Those with a higher need for security... tend to be willing to pay for it.

I get some consumers would appreciate more competitive priced devices.....

Maybe we will soon see that BlackBerry Mobile has planned for those two other devices.... Maybe we will get a DTEK50 refresh, and maybe they hit the $299 price point?
    But they aren't going to be PKB devices.
    A PKB BlackBerry has a much wider appeal in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    TCL isn't interested in only the PKB market... as it's a tiny niche. They want many more customers, and BlackBerry has "lead" them to believe that Enterprise wants and needs this Android Secure solution.

As far as I could tell... the LEAP was always part of those big enterprise "wins" they use to announce near the end.

Hopefully there are enough "fans" or possible industry specific needs that would allow for more PKB options. But if Enterprise is a real market for BlackBerry Mobile, an All Touch device to match the general market trend is necessary.
    08-29-17 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sure, because the ones they've had have sold so well up to now...

There is an appeal, no doubt, but it's not "wide" at all by any stretch of the imagination.
    08-29-17 12:06 PM
    Blackberry of old is gone and blackberry mobile is not going to reach the same heights with smartphones. Blackberry Mobile could give pkb smartphones away for free and it will never get numbers of touchscreen smartphones. Enterprise like stability and like to be able to know how long a phone will be supported hardware and software wise. Blackberry mobile does even have the keyone on the largest network, in the USA, Verizon and most enterprises purchase their phones through the carrier.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-29-17 06:36 PM