I do not feel a cellphone is the best medium for graphic intense apps. These are better reserved for tablets. This trend towards thinner phones and more battery charging speed and flashier graphics game is like a perfect storm leading to so many accounts of overheating cellphones across the board.

My older generation pkb phones never ever overheated. EVER. Sure they were limited in Internet or app usage, but that's the point. Their batteries lasted much longer, btw.

If the consumer truly wants to help solve the heating issues, he must accept a fundamental change in what defines the capabilities of a cell phone. Most people won't want to dial back the clock one decade, but it'd be a safer course, hypothetically speaking.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    Heck... might as well put cords back on them.

This is a wakeup call for the Android market... everyone has got to work together to make Android in general a better product.

One thing about my Wife's iPhone, she can run the same graphic intensive game.. and her phone doesn't heat up like my Droid does. I expect the reason is Apple handles the design of almost every component in that phone, and they have their OS optimized to work with that specific hardware set. Google is all about generic drivers that will work across a very broad range of components... from $50 phones to $800 phones.
    10-13-16 02:02 PM
    Heck... might as well put cords back on them.

This is a wakeup call for the Android market... everyone has got to work together to make Android in general a better product.

One thing about my Wife's iPhone, she can run the same graphic intensive game.. and her phone doesn't heat up like my Droid does. I expect the reason is Apple handles the design of almost every component in that phone, and they have their OS optimized to work with that specific hardware set. Google is all about generic drivers that will work across a very broad range of components... from $50 phones to $800 phones.
    Just look at a disassembly video of an iPhone and look at how beautifully even the guts of the device...the parts nobody ever sees...are arranged in such a deliberate, organized fashion. Obviously some effort goes into it. And for good reason. Compare that to a Note 7 (so-called premium device) and most Android devices for that matter...that on the inside look like a ramshackle pile of circuit boards thrown together in the cheapest way possible to keep the price low.

And yes I also believe BlackBerry...at least when they do their own device...believe in building a device of quality and durability. It would be sad if they were to give this up just compete on specs.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    10-13-16 02:49 PM
    The Note7 is a weapon in GTA lmao, this is the best thing I've seen today

Would love to see it kill Kim Jun Un!

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-13-16 05:35 PM
    Cheer up
    No.

I've been drinking.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    DrBoomBotz and velkod like this.
    10-13-16 06:31 PM
    I don't think Samsung will fall off its ship building pedestal any time soon. Electronics are a big thing but it is far from the whole of that Maga beast.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:40 PM
    No.

I've been drinking.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    Lollll
    10-13-16 07:51 PM
    The Samsung debacle could have happened to any of the manufacturers. In fact, I do recall hearing on the news that an occasional iPhone would catastrophically rupture, however it seems that the Note 7 has either a design flaw or a manufacturing flaw that has a much higher failure rate than the occasional failure.

It's no coincidence that when you get your boarding pass for an airplane, that Lithium Ion batteries are not allowed because they are extremely explosive in nature to begin with, yet just about everyone brings one on board.

I guarantee that even though all the other Manufacturers are boasting their safety record, that they are reviewing all their designs and have increased their testing since this made the news.

High heat from a GPU and CPU, Lithium Ion battery, Microwaves and only Heat Sink cooling all packed in a thin wafer that gets bounced around, left on the car seat, and dropped. It's amazing this hasn't happened sooner. These things are like little time bombs ready to go off. It was only a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 08:55 PM
    Samsung had high hopes for the note7 and wanted to blow away its customers. Figuratively though, not literally...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 11:27 PM
    is everyone aware that there was an iphone 7 that exploded in transit? I believe it was in a crate being with many others, a "matte black" model.

I wonder if transit had something to do with it, air pressure, bumps?

Anyway I remember seeing this a couple weeks ago but I just assumed it was known, but perhaps the fallout for Samsung has buried this story. I never followed up on it and would like to know what form of "Transit" it was exactly.

http://bgr.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-e...g-fire-photos/

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-13-16 11:32 PM
34 12