The Note7 is a weapon in GTA lmao, this is the best thing I've seen today

10-12-16 02:09 AM
    My nephew sent me this he works at Bell.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry jokes aside, at least it's never gotten this bad for us hahaha-718702.jpg  
    10-12-16 02:12 AM
    But yet, it still sold more units then all BB10 devices combined.

And people are more likely to buy Samsung phones then BlackBerry Android offerings.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    10-12-16 03:23 AM
    must have God Mode cheat enabled cos I never lasted that long

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-12-16 10:19 AM

And people are more likely to buy Samsung phones then BlackBerry Android offerings.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    Cheer up
    10-12-16 11:45 AM
    Imagine the fallout if it turns out the culprit is Samsung's Exynos 8890? It has already been demonstrated to have serious overheating issues. Perhaps blaming the batteries was nothing but a hoax so they could sidestep accountability for their in-house custom designed CPU, which is also present in their S7 products.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    10-12-16 11:58 AM
    Imagine the fallout if it turns out the culprit is Samsung's Exynos 8890? It has already been demonstrated to have serious overheating issues. Perhaps blaming the batteries was nothing but a hoax so they could sidestep accountability for their in-house custom designed CPU, which is also present in their S7 products.

Are the s7's burning up?
    10-12-16 03:20 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure the CEO of Samsung is ready to announce they are getting out of hardware... So I'd say we are still worse off...
    BB-JAM215 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    10-12-16 03:27 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure the CEO of Samsung is ready to announce they are getting out of hardware... So I'd say we are still worse off...
    As a new phone is being launched. Cheer up damn it
    DetritalGeo likes this.
    10-12-16 04:28 PM
    Are the s7's burning up?
    The S7 series share CPU's with the Note 7. One of these is the Exynos 8890 which is also known to run much hotter than the Snapdragon 820 under certain graphics intensive tasks, and runs at a higher clockspeed. Coupled with the larger battery on the Note 7 (3500 vs. 3000mah) and yes that could be a recipe for disaster...for example if a kid is playing a game on the Note 7 while charging it, which happens all the time...

Now back to your question. Obviously there have been no reported incidents of S7 devices catching fire...yet. But there are many reports of excessive heat and performance issues with Samsung's Exynos CPU. Compare that to the Snapdragon 820. Perhaps Samsung is simply fortunate to have spec'd a smaller battery on their S7 series. LOL.

Last edited by kputock; 10-12-16 at 05:44 PM.
    10-12-16 05:32 PM
    The S7 series share CPU's with the Note 7. One of these is the Exynos 8890 which is also known to run much hotter than the Snapdragon 820 under certain graphics intensive tasks, and runs at a higher clockspeed. Coupled with the larger battery on the Note 7 (3500 vs. 3000mah) and yes that could be a recipe for disaster...for example if a kid is playing a game on the Note 7 while charging it, which happens all the time...

Now back to your question. Obviously there have been no reported incidents of S7 devices catching fire...yet. But there are many reports of excessive heat and performance issues with Samsung's Exynos CPU. Compare that to the Snapdragon 820. Perhaps Samsung is simply fortunate to have spec'd a smaller battery on their S7 series. LOL.

TL;DR

No.
    JeepBB and LazyEvul like this.
    10-12-16 06:02 PM
    Are the s7's burning up?
    The note3 was a hot phone. My wife complained about the heat and weird recharging a lot back when we owned one. Hm...

I think the thinner phones tend to be problematic. My old tank phones never ever overheated. Ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-12-16 06:40 PM
    Imagine the fallout if it turns out the culprit is Samsung's Exynos 8890?
    That wouldn't even make sense given the ones in the US don't run Exynos. That would have to mean all the ones that caught fire in the US were intentionally imported. Have you been reading EE Times? lol

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330616
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-12-16 06:51 PM
    That wouldn't even make sense given the ones in the US don't run Exynos. That would have to mean all the ones that caught fire in the US were intentionally imported. Have you been reading EE Times? lol

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330616
    Not familiar with that article. But yes I also read the Exynos is (supposedly) only in international versions of the phone...but Samsung didn't exactly release the details of all the models that caught fire either. If the batteries can't be singled out as the cause of excessive heat the CPU is the next logical candidate.

10-12-16 07:07 PM
    Yes I also read that about the Exynos is (supposedly) only in international versions of the phone..but Samsung didn't exactly release the details of all the models that caught fire either. If the batteries can't be singled out as the cause of excessive heat the CPU is the next logical candidate.

Doubt they ever will unless forced too. Especially if it's something stupid that they should have caught.
    10-12-16 07:16 PM
    Not saying I disagree with you, it is just speculation obviously...but sillier things have been known to happen in the technology world. Catching up and trying to beat Apple at its own game is a pretty tall order for any company these days.

10-12-16 07:18 PM
    Awesome!!!

Posted via Commodore 64
    velkod likes this.
    10-13-16 12:31 AM
    Not familiar with that article. But yes I also read the Exynos is (supposedly) only in international versions of the phone...but Samsung didn't exactly release the details of all the models that caught fire either. If the batteries can't be singled out as the cause of excessive heat the CPU is the next logical candidate.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7s are exploding and everyone has a theory as to why | Ars Technica

Defective battery design (Samsung and ATL), defective charging PMICs, bugged charging programming, etc.

Nobody actually knows the real reason, not even Samsung. Still, I'm guessing they regret rushing this to production to meet their Q4 target.
    10-13-16 12:35 AM

Posted via Nexus 6p

Unless you did a major survey and have the documents to prove your theory,

I'm going to assume that the above statements are simply YOUR OPINION.
    10-13-16 12:25 PM
    I just gave someone the power of invisibility.
    10-13-16 12:44 PM
    As I understand it there is no conclusive reason for the phones catching fire.

For the person who thinks this is a cover-up to deflect attention from a hot cpu - my understanding is that major airlines have banned Lithium-ion batteries from cargo because of their tendency to catch fire.
    So, I think it's much more likely that people are just looking in the most obvious place first.
    10-13-16 12:54 PM
    Why must a smartphone be thinner than 10 mm?

This high powered super slim batteries are to instable.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    10-13-16 12:56 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7s are exploding and everyone has a theory as to why | Ars Technica

Defective battery design (Samsung and ATL), defective charging PMICs, bugged charging programming, etc.

Nobody actually knows the real reason, not even Samsung. Still, I'm guessing they regret rushing this to production to meet their Q4 target.
    I guessing they regret even more rushing to judgement on the cause and issuing replacement phones that themselves caught fire!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-13-16 01:00 PM
    Are the s7's burning up?
    Yes:

Samsung Galaxy S7 now caught on camera randomly exploding in public | Pocketnow

Multiple reports of the Samsung Galaxy S7 catching fire as well | AndroidGuys

And THIS is what happens when you don't read the entire thread before posting.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-13-16 01:21 PM
    I do not feel a cellphone is the best medium for graphic intense apps. These are better reserved for tablets. This trend towards thinner phones and more battery charging speed and flashier graphics game is like a perfect storm leading to so many accounts of overheating cellphones across the board.

My older generation pkb phones never ever overheated. EVER. Sure they were limited in Internet or app usage, but that's the point. Their batteries lasted much longer, btw.

If the consumer truly wants to help solve the heating issues, he must accept a fundamental change in what defines the capabilities of a cell phone. Most people won't want to dial back the clock one decade, but it'd be a safer course, hypothetically speaking.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 01:44 PM
34 12