They are still operating full steam ahead and will be producing devices. They will still sell devices and it looks like those who continue to buy and carry BlackBerry devices will be an exclusive group of individuals.

BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile operating system out there.

I'm not jumping ship and you'll have to pry this Z10 out of my cold dead hands before you ever get me to leave BlackBerry. Even if you sent me a free Android or iPhone, I'd send it back.

BUT, I'm hoping they lower the price on the Z30 as it's outdated and not worth over $600 outright. $300-400 and I'm buying!

#TeamBlackBerryTillTheEnd

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:29 AM
    100% agreed

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:39 AM
    If you sent me an Android or iPhone, I'd sell it and use the money to buy a Z30. And a new rapid charger for my phones, because mine just died the other day after two and half years.

BlackBerry isn't dead, they're going to be a lot smaller and lighter which will hopefully allow them to run faster, or easier for a big company to scoop up in their arms and carry back to better times.
    IqWaN, myckle, donmateo and 2 others like this.
    09-21-13 01:40 AM
    Full steam ahead? Off a cliff maybe

One thing is nice, I am hoping to score a q10 off contract for 200!! Great firesale deal
    09-21-13 01:42 AM

One thing is nice, I am hoping to score a q10 off contract for 200!! Great firesale deal
    They aren't going to fire sale their inventory. Keep dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:44 AM
    They aren't going to fire sale their inventory. Keep dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? How else are they going to move units?
    09-21-13 01:45 AM
    Why not? How else are they going to move units?
    You expect them to take a huge loss from the firesale of their inventory? Why would they firesale their inventory, to make room for what?

Not to mention the Q10 is profitable. If they hypothetically firesaled anything, it would be Z10s and Q5.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:50 AM
    The Q10 is profitable? Amazing. Really. Maybe they should just sell them then.
    09-21-13 02:04 AM
    I'm posting this from my PlayBook so I know its not dead, and I looked over at my Z10 which is on the charger and the notification light is blinking so its not dead......I will continue to use my BlackBerry devices until the END
    09-21-13 02:11 AM
    Considering that they lost almost a billion dollars this quarter, the end isn't far off.

BBRY isn't dead but its on life support, and the doctor is calling around, trying to find somebody who'll sign the waver that'll let them pull the plug, and donate the organs.
    09-21-13 02:35 AM
    True, not dead, but dying.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:38 AM
    I think you need to go first or better yet I can push you off a cliff

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:38 AM
    You expect them to take a huge loss from the firesale of their inventory? Why would they firesale their inventory, to make room for what?

Not to mention the Q10 is profitable. If they hypothetically firesaled anything, it would be Z10s and Q5.

Posted via CB10
    They already took a 900m dollar loss writing down the Z10's so, yes, even they expect to make a huge loss selling off Z10's at knock down prices.
    Poirots Progeny, JeepBB and trwrt like this.
    09-21-13 02:49 AM
    They are still operating full steam ahead and will be producing devices. They will still sell devices and it looks like those who continue to buy and carry BlackBerry devices will be an exclusive group of individuals.

BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile operating system out there.

I'm not jumping ship and you'll have to pry this Z10 out of my cold dead hands before you ever get me to leave BlackBerry. Even if you sent me a free Android or iPhone, I'd send it back.

BUT, I'm hoping they lower the price on the Z30 as it's outdated and not worth over $600 outright. $300-400 and I'm buying!

#TeamBlackBerryTillTheEnd

Posted via CB10
    Denial is the motto at Crackberry...
    09-21-13 03:05 AM
    Denial is the motto at Crackberry...
    And trolling is your hobby?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:09 AM
    Fully agree! The z10 is coming down in price by the sounds of it so that's good and should get it out there more.
    I wouldn't call the z30 outdated though, I think it's going to make all other phones look stupid
    09-21-13 03:11 AM
    Well, Apple was in the same situation as BlackBerry is now, and after they got leaner and focused on innovation and marketing, they rose from the dead. BlackBerry's just getting leaner, and BlackBerry 10 is certainly an innovation, the only thing that is missing is marketing, good marketing. And probably some good leadership. Just my two cents.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    09-21-13 03:16 AM
    Well, Apple was in the same situation as BlackBerry is now, and after they got leaner and focused on innovation and marketing, they rose from the dead. BlackBerry's just getting leaner, and BlackBerry 10 is certainly an innovation, the only thing that is missing is marketing, good marketing. And probably some good leadership. Just my two cents.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    Exactly what I just told a friend of mine. !

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:29 AM
    Guys, I have a question,we know BlackBerry lost a billion dollars this quarter. But after the launch of BBM today for android and tomorrow for is iOS approximately how much of BlackBerry can be resurrected by it?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is? How do you know this?
    09-21-13 03:31 AM
    Guys, I have a question,we know BlackBerry lost a billion dollars this quarter. But after the launch of BBM today for android and tomorrow for is iOS approximately how much of BlackBerry can be resurrected by it?

Posted via CB10
    None of it - it will be spun-off for cash as soon as possible as the company starts to burn cash as dismal sales turn into virtually no sales. Now some in the reality distortion field will tell you that this will not happen but they have been pretty much wrong about everything, so why are they going to be right now?
    JeepBB, TgeekB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    09-21-13 03:33 AM
    Apple was not in the same situation. The market was completely different. BBRY is facing far more aggressive competition from China, Korea, Taiwan, Europe and the likes. The industry and consumers are far more fickle. I think the marketing point is fair, but with investors clamoring for some type of return on their investment, it's far more likely that BBRY will be broken up and sold for parts. BBM has value and so do other aspects of their product and technology line. They are simply unable to compete because the companies they are up against have huge cash reserves obtained through sales or financed by governments (China). How can a company that will cut 40% of their personnel compete? Margins are slim for most so they will not relinquish even a fraction of a percent of market share without a fight.

BBRY supporters attack anyone who makes a critical statement about BBRY but face facts, BBRY did not loose based on bad technology, they are in this position due to bad management. Anyone who follows the company knows even its own employees were posting open letters to management begging them to change their ways far in advance of any major downturn in their profits and market share. When your employees are openly complaining, this can't be seen as mutiny, it must be viewed as a cry for help. It was ignored by the previous CEOs and now supporters, investors and more sadly employees of the company are suffering.

I think BB10 is an excellent product but that's not the point. This is a failure of management, not their development team. I would bet anything that if you spoke to their developers you would get a very different story about how the technology should have been evolving and how they were dismissed by two arrogant CEOs who thought they new more than anyone else.

Heinz never stood a chance.
    richardat, JeepBB, myckle and 3 others like this.
    09-21-13 03:35 AM
    None of it - it will be spun-off for cash as soon as possible as the company starts to burn cash as dismal sales turn into virtually no sales. Now some in the reality distortion field will tell you that this will not happen but they have been pretty much wrong about everything, so why are they going to be right now?
    Bitter truth, I was hoping nobody said that. Aah but anyway will support BlackBerry while it's alive! Thanks for your answer! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    cgk likes this.
    09-21-13 03:36 AM
    Hate to say it but not many developers would make a product for Blackberry in these conditions.

Thor should also resign. I can't wait until they sell this company ..
    09-21-13 03:40 AM
    It is? How do you know this?
    "pretax charge of at least $930 million on unsold inventory, mostly on unsold BlackBerry Z10 units"

Note how Q10 is missing. Various companies have purchased large amounts of Q10s. Go back to Android Central where you belong.
    09-21-13 03:50 AM
63 123