Not trying to be a troll, but after nosing around and trying to get into the "theme" fascination that is so very prevalent for BB, one thing struck me oddly and I thought maybe someone could clear it up for me. Why would anyone want to make their BB look like an Iphone and/or Droid? Is the envy really that bad? Is the layout really that much more functional? I just thought it might be a good way to start a Saturday.

Blessings...
    Steve
    07-17-10 11:27 AM
    Just different themes I suppose. Each to their own. No big deal really. What I don't understand though as an ex-iPhone user is people wanting their BB's to look like an iPhone in particular. That's the thing I hated most about the iPhone was that look and how everyone's looked the same. Well, other than jailbroken iPhones that is.
    07-17-10 11:33 AM
    Not trying to be a troll, but after nosing around and trying to get into the "theme" fascination that is so very prevalent for BB, one thing struck me oddly and I thought maybe someone could clear it up for me. Why would anyone want to make their BB look like an Iphone and/or Droid? Is the envy really that bad? Is the layout really that much more functional? I just thought it might be a good way o start a Saturday.

Blessings...
    Steve
    When i had my 9700 i love my sPhone theme, the big icons made a huge plus in my book. and the fact the default "Download folder" was the main menu screen, i didn't have to search though 3 different folders for what i was looking for.

and you had to admit the native RIM theme is pretty boring.... if it were "cool" themeres would be needed.
    07-17-10 11:43 AM
    Part of the bb loyalty lies in the fact that a person can tweak just about every aspect of it and fully personalize everything. From the way it looks to even refining the OS for better performance. Here is where part of the problem lies. With so many ways to customize there are as many ways to brick it if proper research is not done first. It has very little to do with envy. It has do with the fact that the more proficient you become with a blackberry, the more you end up with a perfect extension of your own persona.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 01:39 PM
    I normally don't do themes because I never find ones I like longer than 5 seconds...excluding the BB6 theme I'm using now....anyway, I agree with the op...I don't get why anyone would want there BB to resemble an iPhone or an Android...I guess everyone has his/her own reasoning for doing so but I would never degrade my BlackBerry with something like that...
    07-17-10 03:54 PM
    I like the mac themes because I have an iMac. The icons on my computer and Bold now look the same for the main apps (browser, mail, address book, calendar, etc.).
    07-17-10 04:09 PM
    That's pretty cool sd, us pc'ers don't get a chance to even know that's out there.

07-17-10 04:31 PM
    When I had a storm, I loved the android hero theme because of the layout of android heroes seemed more convenient. I often switched back and forth because the droid theme's home screen looked cleaner.

07-17-10 05:10 PM
    That's pretty cool sd, us pc'ers don't get a chance to even know that's out there.

I love my new iMac with my HD monitor and Magic Mouse!! I will never by a PC again.

07-17-10 07:36 PM
    Because it's a choice that they can make
    without having to "hack" their phones.
    07-17-10 08:16 PM
    I use the Appleberry theme. It's not that I am an iPhone fanboy wannabe or something (heck, I hate typing on a touchscreen).......I just like the look of the icons.

07-18-10 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD