I've heard that jailbroken iphones can be tethered to wifi-only iPads, therefore using the iphones data allowance on the iPad. I wonder if BB users will be able to do this as well. I have 3Gb for tethering on my BB and if this is possible, then I will be getting a wifi only iPad.
    04-04-10 09:09 PM
    Come on tetherberry!!! figure this crap out. please post here if anyone has any suggestions on how to get sprint/verizon's 3g coverage onto the ipad either through BT or some wired connection.

the only method i can think of is that mifi thing from verizon (i think sprint has one too) where you can use the verizon's 3g network for wifi through this device. (much more appealing than paying freaking ATT for their data network)
    04-05-10 03:34 PM
    no you cannot and i flipping called it a week or two ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/i-...5/#post4918829

NO THERE NO APPLICATIONS TO MAKE APPLE AND BLACKBERRY WORK IN UNISON.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-05-10 03:51 PM
    Nice device, the iPad. Maybe I'll buy 1, just to add to my collection, but I wouldn't pay the full price for it:P
    04-05-10 04:31 PM
    no you cannot and i flipping called it a week or two ago...
    NO THERE NO APPLICATIONS TO MAKE APPLE AND BLACKBERRY WORK IN UNISON.....
    My 9700 and MBPro work seamlessly. There's gotta be a way.
    04-06-10 07:43 AM
    My 9700 and MBPro work seamlessly. There's gotta be a way.
    Out of all the "how to tether my iPod touch to my blackberry", how many have been successfully answered????

and a ipad is nothing but a giant overpriced ipod touch, so... hum.... nope not possible....

guess i should of re worded that...

no you cannot and i flipping called it a week or two ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/i-...5/#post4918829

NO THERE NO APPLICATIONS TO MAKE APPLE IPADS AND IPODS AND BLACKBERRY WORK IN UNISON.....

04-06-10 08:20 AM
    An application for the iPod touch 2G and 3G called iBluever See Here is going to be released soon. It will support bluetooth tethering between the iPod and a cell phone. So, more than likely, they will make an iPad version.
    04-07-10 06:15 PM
    An application for the iPod touch 2G and 3G called iBluever See Here is going to be released soon. It will support bluetooth tethering between the iPod and a cell phone. So, more than likely, they will make an iPad version.
    let's hope this isn't the case otherwise mjneid would have to find something else to do other than making internet comments on technology that he doesn't have.
    04-07-10 06:59 PM
    the only method i can think of is that mifi thing from verizon (i think sprint has one too) where you can use the verizon's 3g network for wifi through this device. (much more appealing than paying freaking ATT for their data network)
    The Mifi is a cool device, but it will cost you $60 a month with a 5GB cap and a 2-year contract or you can go with ATT for $30 unlimited and no contract, but you gotta buy the 3G iPad. ATT's data network isn't so bad, its the voice side that really blows...
    04-08-10 01:00 AM
    The Mifi is a cool device, but it will cost you $60 a month with a 5GB cap and a 2-year contract or you can go with ATT for $30 unlimited and no contract, but you gotta buy the 3G iPad. ATT's data network isn't so bad, its the voice side that really blows...
    That poster made a mistake. MiFi is a Verizon product. The app he is speaking of is called MyWi and i believe is a one time charge of $9.99. But, it isn't set up to work with blackberries. Just with apple products last i've heard.
    04-08-10 01:55 AM
    That poster made a mistake. MiFi is a Verizon product. The app he is speaking of is called MyWi
    Do you really think he made a mistake when he specifically referenced VZW and that Sprint has one too?
    04-08-10 12:55 PM
    Do you really think he made a mistake when he specifically referenced VZW and that Sprint has one too?
    Wow, my bad. I was bouncing around a couple of forums looking into that same issue coupled with it being late for me. For now people are able to connect ipads to jail broken iPhones, but haven't seen anything yet for blackberry, and not sure if it's likely. Unless tether was able to develop something or the mywi app. Appologies.
    04-08-10 06:30 PM
    yeah i was just saying that the wifi thing from sprint and verizon was the only option that i could think of.
    04-09-10 12:38 AM
    Wow, my bad. I was bouncing around a couple of forums looking into that same issue coupled with it being late for me. For now people are able to connect ipads to jail broken iPhones, but haven't seen anything yet for blackberry, and not sure if it's likely. Unless tether was able to develop something or the mywi app. Appologies.
    apology accepted but unnecessary!
    04-09-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD