Ok so today I went to get rid of my electronic signature whenever I send an email that says "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" but I'm having some trouble. With my old storm, I would just go to email options and change it from there. But I just upgraded to a Bold 9650 with 6.0.0.333 and its saying that I have to log in with my Blackberry Internet Service account. I've never set one up before, so I clicked "Create New Account." After I accepted the terms and what not, it brought me to a screen to enter my PIN and ESN/MEID. I knew my pin, but I didn't know which they wanted for the ESN/MEID field. So I tried my ESN and it said I entered the wrong information. Then I entered the MEID. Same result. So I tried trouble shooting it some and found something on Verizon's website about how sometimes 0's (zero) are mistaken for O's (o) and 8's (eight) are mistaken for B's (b). So I substituted 0's and 8's wherever possible to no avail. I tried using caps and no caps, spaces and no spaces, and just about everything imaginable, but it still says I'm entering the wrong information.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is Blackberry Internet Service actually being ...?

And just to be clear, I am under the impression that the MEID looks similar to A00000x xxxxxB and the ESN looks similar to an 8 digit combination of numbers and letters. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    12-08-10 06:52 PM
    Your MEID will be an 18 Digit number found at Options>Status>MEID (dec). Number you posted is the MEID (hex) #. The 8 digit combo is your device PIN #.

You say you had a Storm and if you received email on it, you had to register your email accounts using a User Name and Password. Did you do a device PIN swap when you registered the new device? If so, you would use the same Login info.

If you have forgotten, call customer service, have them help you reset your BIS password so that you can get in an edit this feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-08-10 at 07:23 PM.
    12-08-10 07:16 PM
    You say you had a Storm and if you received email on it, you had to register your email accounts using a User Name and Password. Did you do a device PIN swap when you registered the new device? If so, you would use the same Login info.

If you have forgotten, call customer service, have them help you reset your BIS password so that you can get in an edit this feature.
    The people at verizon set up all but one of my email accounts. But for the one that I set up myself, I still didn't have to register my account with BIS, I just had to type in my email address, along with my network user name and password, and that's it. Maybe its because Verizon set it up. Leave it to them to screw something up... Go figure

But thanks for the advice. I'll try it right now.
    12-08-10 07:41 PM
    Ok I entered the 18 digit number and that worked. However, it says that "an account already exists for this blackberry device." Thats cool and all, but since Verizon set it up, I have absolutely no idea of what my user name and password is.

Is there a way that I can find it out by logging into my Verizon account and searching for it? Or am I going to have to call them?
    12-08-10 07:48 PM
    Correction*

I was able to get my password sent to my phone in a PIN message, but I still have no idea what my user name is.
    12-08-10 07:51 PM
    As I suspected. Once you call them and they verify you are the correct owner, they should be able to provide you with your user name.

My wife did the same thing once, and since you got that message, they'll have to give you that info so you can get in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 08:07 PM
    Your user name is: [email protected]

If you need to look it up, Options / Advanced Options / Default Services. Highlight Messaging and press the trackball. That will display your configured services, including your BIS account information.
    12-09-10 10:29 AM
    when I had to set up my email for the first time I had to type in my phone number (no dashes) and the password was "verizon"
    12-15-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD