Don't feed the you-know-what....
    05-24-10 04:17 PM
    I just wish they would increase the limit so I don't get the dread "truncated email message". I can see not downloading attachments or pictures... but a text email should not be truncated!
    06-10-10 03:48 PM
    Whatever! Grab any iphone, android, or webos phone for 5 minutes and then try to continue to spew that garbage!
    I assume the iPod Touch has the same browser as the iPhone still, if that is the case, then my BB browser works just fine for my needs compared to the iPod touch,

Sure it could be better, but will it change my user experience. not in the slightest, I google, find the answer close browser, that is it.
    06-10-10 03:55 PM
    I have the solution to the OP's problem. Get a power converter and move your PC to your car. Now you can have the ultimate mobile browsing experience! And really if mobile browsing is that important to you, get an ipad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 04:24 PM
    I don't understand the OP. Its like wanting the performance of a Ferrari, but buying a Kia. Then complaining that the Kia isn't as fast as the Ferrari. Well duh, if you wanted the performance of a Ferrari, buy a Ferrari!

If mobile browsing is really important to you, and you know the bb isn't up to par, buy another phone!

The original question was "Why?". The quote is below :

"I would love to get some technical explanations on why Blackberrys suck so bad at web browsing compared to the competition."

To be honest, so would I, just out of interest. I recognize, and I believe the OP does as well, that there is a promised fix - we just want to understand the reason behind what we're currently experiencing. I opened this thread hoping to learn something just 'cause I'm a curious sort.

Guess I'm SOL - the quote above, and Masahiro's "Your question is irrelevant" just turned this thread into a flame war.

- R.
    06-10-10 04:53 PM
    I agree with the original poster. If you think there isn't anything behind the times, or slow about a Blackberry browser, please pick up any smart phone made within the last 2-4 years... then come back and talk to us.

I know it's not popular to complain about your blackberry on a blackberry site, but it truly is unacceptable at this point.

And please hold all of your "BUT YOUR BLACKBERRY DOES BETTER EMAIL!!111!111111!!!!" comments, because yes... the email client on my BB is better than most phones, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a capable browser.

That's really my only complaint of my blackberry... and it seems like something that could easily be fixed. My only problem is, I have an 8530, so I doubt I'll be getting OS 6
    06-10-10 05:38 PM
    What I can't figure out is why some people keep beating a dead horse, it's an issue thats been beat to death on this site, what more do you want them to do, it's in the works.

Then there is the "usual trolls" that keep fanning the flames, what I don't get is each and every one of you, with exception to those that have a company bb, had 30 days to return and get something different, the way I see it, if you didn't then you have only yourself to blame, nobody held a gun to your head and told you to keep the damn thing, but now that you've kept it 6 months and don't like the browser or whatever else, all of a sudden RIM is at fault.

Get a life, especially the trolls.
    06-10-10 06:13 PM
    What I can't figure out is why some people keep beating a dead horse, it's an issue thats been beat to death on this site, what more do you want them to do, it's in the works.

Then there is the "usual trolls" that keep fanning the flames, what I don't get is each and every one of you, with exception to those that have a company bb, had 30 days to return and get something different, the way I see it, if you didn't then you have only yourself to blame, nobody held a gun to your head and told you to keep the damn thing, but now that you've kept it 6 months and don't like the browser or whatever else, all of a sudden RIM is at fault.

Get a life, especially the trolls.
    What I can't figure out is why people can't just answer the d@mn question - "Why?". What is it about the native Berry browser that makes it so slow?

It's slow - ok, we get that. We could buy another phone (assuming we had the money) - ok, we get that too. That's not the question or issue.

So to the drum beaters on both sides - "RIM sucks", "Berries rule" - please just BACK OFF!

If you can add some value with a rational or technical explanation of what the issue is with the native browser, please, I and the OP are all ears. If you're just going to complain then go elsewhere.

Get a life, especially the trolls of BOTH types .

- R.
    06-10-10 06:50 PM
    Its funny how a question about the blackberry's browser, has all the die hard blackberry users on the defensive. I don't think this would be an issue if RIM would call the blackberry what it is, a messaging phone, not a smartphone.
    06-10-10 07:03 PM
    Some of these replies are horrible, maybe you people are happy with SUB PAR performance but not me. To state the guy should use a power adapter and use his PC? What a stupid comment why not carry a phone line with you everywhere 100's of miles long so u always have a land line?

BB browsers need help in todays smartphone era no questions about it.
    06-10-10 08:57 PM
    What I can't figure out is why people can't just answer the d@mn question - "Why?". What is it about the native Berry browser that makes it so slow?

It's slow - ok, we get that. We could buy another phone (assuming we had the money) - ok, we get that too. That's not the question or issue.

So to the drum beaters on both sides - "RIM sucks", "Berries rule" - please just BACK OFF!

If you can add some value with a rational or technical explanation of what the issue is with the native browser, please, I and the OP are all ears. If you're just going to complain then go elsewhere.

Get a life, especially the trolls of BOTH types .

- R.
    My point wasn't aimed at you, but seeing as you want to call my post out, never once did I tell you to BUY another phone, did you not get 30 days to return it for another after purchase, therefore no money to get another.

As far as "complaining", think your calling the kettle black there aren't ya, seeing as how you and the OP are the one posting "Rants and Raves" in the "Blackberry Discussion" forums not me.

This thread isn't a "discussion", it's a bunch of people that have nothing better to do than "COMPLAIN" about something that's been posted a hundred times on this site and RIM is currently working on, worse yet do you really think RIM is going to respond to your post out here, try "COMPLAINING" to them on "THEIR" forums, might get a better response or BETTER YET, try using the "SEARCH" feature on this site and posting in the "existing" thread topic of which I'm sure you could find plenty of instead of starting another "same topic" useless thread. Which I'm sure the forum rules clearly state if any of you ever took the time to read.

In ending, I'm not defending anything, I like my BB and sure the browser could be better and it will be as soon as RIM releases the new one, if it isn't then I'm switching when my "upgrade" becomes available this November, meantime I'm not gonna waste my breathe "crying" about it on some forum that has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the phone.

As stated none of my post was aimed at you, but YOU took it there.
    06-11-10 05:20 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD