I was thinking of how awesome it would be if blackberry would offer an incentive of 50 or 100 bucks off a BB PlayBook when a BB smartphone is purchased. I am not all interested in tablets, but one i would buy is the PlayBook. The main reason.... BlackBerry Bridge for internet use.

Would this sort of deal entice any of you current BB owners to buy another BB when you can upgrade rather then jumping ship?

I think this just may bring in new BB users.
    10-14-11 01:04 PM
    Good point considering that the PB is mainly targetted at BB users
    10-14-11 01:48 PM
    They already lowered the price $200 at retail stores on all the playbooks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 01:56 PM
    Playbooks at Walmart are $499.

Over $100 more than the 7" Honeycomb tablet with better battery life sitting next to it.

If the lowered the price, I don't think many vendors here got the memo. Went to Best Buy last week and it was still $499.
    10-14-11 02:27 PM
    They already lowered the price $200 at retail stores on all the playbooks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Even if they lowered the price already, it would still make sense. If someone is on the fence about which Phone OS to buy, offering them a $100 off voucher for a PlayBook may sway them. Now RIM has just sold 2 devices, rather then NONE.
    10-14-11 03:39 PM
    Playbooks at Walmart are $499.

Over $100 more than the 7" Honeycomb tablet with better battery life sitting next to it.

If the lowered the price, I don't think many vendors here got the memo. Went to Best Buy last week and it was still $499.
    Wasn't that just a sale? I thought it ran until October 6th. At least that's how long it went on here in Vancouver. After the 6th all of the PBs went back to being their original price.

As for the OP question I think it has potential. The PB pairs up with a BB very well so why not try to take advantage of it. More phone carriers should be doing this.
    10-14-11 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD