So I'm switching devices within the next month or so, and will be moving my BBM to the new non BlackBerry device, which obviously means using my BlackBerry ID on that device. I plan to still keep my Z30 up to date to see if BlackBerry does continue with Bb10 development and improvement, and I have BlackBerry apps and some movies tied to that ID that I have paid for and still want to use those on the Z30. So the question is when I install BBM on a non BlackBerry device and use my BlackBerry ID, will it just port my BBM and over to the new device while still leaving my app login on the Z30, basically splitting the BlackBerry ID across the two devices, or is my Z30 going to have the BlackBerry ID ripped out of it for everything? I have about 30 BBM contacts and don't want to have to add them all back in on a new BBID on a new device. Hoping this isn't an all or nothing type deal as obviously the new device doesn't need access to BlackBerry World or the apps there.

Posted via Z30
    09-17-15 11:39 AM
    So I'm switching devices within the next month or so, and will be moving my BBM to the new non BlackBerry device, which obviously means using my BlackBerry ID on that device. I plan to still keep my Z30 up to date to see if BlackBerry does continue with Bb10 development and improvement, and I have BlackBerry apps and some movies tied to that ID that I have paid for and still want to use those on the Z30. So the question is when I install BBM on a non BlackBerry device and use my BlackBerry ID, will it just port my BBM and over to the new device while still leaving my app login on the Z30, basically splitting the BlackBerry ID across the two devices, or is my Z30 going to have the BlackBerry ID ripped out of it for everything? I have about 30 BBM contacts and don't want to have to add them all back in on a new BBID on a new device. Hoping this isn't an all or nothing type deal as obviously the new device doesn't need access to BlackBerry World or the apps there.

Posted via Z30
    I switched mine over to a Samsung Edge+ with no issues. Once you download the app, enter your information, it detects your account and ask you if you want to move your account to this device. When you want to use your Z30, open BBM and you will get a prompt telling you that your account is currently being used on another device and if you want to switch your account to this (your Z30) device. However, it will not let you use both at the same time.....at least it didn't for me. Also, didn't lose any contacts or groups. Checking the login as I type. No network connection due to WiFi being down at work so I can't log in at the moment. I'll post back later when it comes up. Update. Hmmm.......so far, just getting the word "loading" .......with the spinning comet(or whatever it is) when you try to open BlackBerry World. That's as far as I can get. If it changes I'll update the post.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-17-15 at 12:12 PM.
    lnichols likes this.
    09-17-15 11:54 AM
    I switched mine over to a Samsung Edge+ with no issues. Once you download the app, enter your information, it detects your account and ask you if you want to move your account to this device. When you want to use your Z30, open BBM and you will get a prompt telling you that your account is currently being used on another device and if you want to switch your account to this (your Z30) device. However, it will not let you use both at the same time.....at least it didn't for me. Also, didn't lose any contacts or groups. Checking the apps as I type.
    I won't want to use BBM on the BlackBerry, but on the new device. Just want to have access to my apps tied to the BBID on the Z30.

Posted via Z30
    09-17-15 12:03 PM
    I won't want to use BBM on the BlackBerry, but on the new device. Just want to have access to my apps tied to the BBID on the Z30.

Posted via Z30
    You will be absolutely fine with that setup. You could even switch BBM every now and then, if you're ok with losing the chat history...
    :-)

My wife moved from Moto to Leap, and various other devices. I have two BlackBerries on the same BBID, one has BBM, the other hasn't, unless I switch (by logging in to BBM on that device). Both have access to the same purchased apps catalogue.

Hope that helps, and thanks for asking. Better safe than sorry.

:-D

  Leakers' gonna leak... :-)  
    09-17-15 08:13 PM
    At home and connected. Updated a few apps.

from my Sexy Z30; 10.3.2.2339 OS.
    09-17-15 09:13 PM
    You will be absolutely fine with that setup. You could even switch BBM every now and then, if you're ok with losing the chat history...
    :-)

My wife moved from Moto to Leap, and various other devices. I have two BlackBerries on the same BBID, one has BBM, the other hasn't, unless I switch (by logging in to BBM on that device). Both have access to the same purchased apps catalogue.

Hope that helps, and thanks for asking. Better safe than sorry.

:-D

  Leakers' gonna leak... :-)  
    Thanks Prem! Needless to say I haven't used any device but a BlackBerry for a long time so haven't had to deal with something like this before.

Posted via Z30
    09-18-15 07:31 AM