I have to be an ***** for asking this, but I can't find an answer.

On my 9700 next to the WiFi antenna icon is an icon that looks like a blackberry with four dots. Any one know what this icon means?

Thanks in advance for any information.
    11-08-10 08:55 AM
    The BlackBerry icon indicates that your device is registered and connected to the BlackBerry servers (either through BES or BIS) and that BlackBerry-specific services (push e-mail, BBM, web-browsing, etc...) are available.

I have noticed on BB6 that the BB icon will be next to the 3G icon when you are connected via 3G, and when you connect to WiFi, it switches to be next to the WiFi indicator. I rather like that better than the old grey/white icon.
    11-08-10 09:01 AM
    Thanks. Now I can sleep at night.
    11-08-10 09:07 AM
    I personally prefered the old wifi (grey/white) icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:45 AM
    I personally prefered the old wifi (grey/white) icon.

That hasn't changed.

The BB logo means you are connected to RIM over the 3G.
    The White WiFi logo means you have connected over WiFi.
    11-08-10 10:25 AM
    That hasn't changed.

The BB logo means you are connected to RIM over the 3G.
    The White WiFi logo means you have connected over WiFi.
    Oh... I was refering to the wifi icon from the OS5 which I like better than the new wifi icon from OS6.
    11-08-10 10:49 AM
    Hey dudes,

I have a bb 9700 with OS6 and i kinda miss the old WIFI icon (Black/white) one.

can i get it back on OS6?
    11-08-10 10:51 AM
    If you are using OS6, you can't get the old wifi icon from OS5 onto OS6... for now anyway.
    11-08-10 10:58 AM
    Hey dudes,

I have a bb 9700 with OS6 and i kinda miss the old WIFI icon (Black/white) one.

can i get it back on OS6?
    Maybe when the theme building software is updated a theme maker might be able to "Skin" it like they do with the battery/radio signal meters and other notification Icons. But, That's a MIGHT. They just as all MIGHT NOT be able to.
    11-08-10 11:01 AM
    Maybe when the theme building software is updated a theme maker might be able to "Skin" it like they do with the battery/radio signal meters and other notification Icons. But, That's a MIGHT. They just as all MIGHT NOT be able to.

Fingers crossed mate, Thanks for the reply
    11-08-10 11:50 AM
    Right, there is currently no 480 x 360 theme support in Theme Builder 6. Torch only. The WiFi notifier is absolutely customizable in OS5 themes; I'd imagine it will be so again.
    11-08-10 12:23 PM
    OS5: Gray icon indicates that a wireless ethernet connection has been established between the device and router, white icon indicates that the device has successfully negotiated an IP address with the router for Internet communication. While you could infer that this also indicates that Blackberry is now using this established wifi connection for services, that icon doesn't necessarily indicate that. I don't have OS6, but I think the "new" icon is more intuitive since it is able to indicate which connection the BB services are using, as well as connection status.
    11-08-10 12:35 PM
    I have to be an ***** for asking this, but I can't find an answer.

On my 9700 next to the WiFi antenna icon is an icon that looks like a blackberry with four dots. Any one know what this icon means?

Thanks in advance for any information.
    Oh, that's just a status icon letting you know that BIS has a successful and stable, constant connection. It's either a grey or white icon on OS 5.

11-08-10 03:16 PM
    I think we got that covered, Brian...
    11-08-10 03:25 PM
    wow, the stuff we talk about. Love it!
    11-08-10 03:51 PM
    I actually like the OS6 WI-FI icon better it acts as bars if you notice the top bars will turn gray if the signal gets weaker, the new icon is more functional. The Berry Icon confused me to wasn't, sure at first.
    11-08-10 09:26 PM
    I love the fact that I googled "blackberry icon next to wifi" and this topic was the first result. Answered my question too!

03-07-11 12:23 AM
    Guys, can anyone help me out here?

I have a torch 9810, connects fine with wifi to other networks. Icon shifts down, too. But at home, it doesn't go down and it can't access app world. So how do I configure my router to help it connect to BIS over Wifi?

Could someone post a detailed list of settings which worked for them?

Thanks in advance...
    03-21-12 07:01 PM
    Guys, can anyone help me out here?

I have a torch 9810, connects fine with wifi to other networks. Icon shifts down, too. But at home, it doesn't go down and it can't access app world. So how do I configure my router to help it connect to BIS over Wifi?

Could someone post a detailed list of settings which worked for them?

Thanks in advance...
    My guess is you don't have a full data plan, but one that has BIS access via wifi. It all depends on the router. From your computer, right click on the network icon (windows xp) and click Status. Click Support, then Details. Enter that default route/gateway into your browser's address bar and then, you can login and customize the router to your needs. You might need, if you can, to DMZ it. Place it outside the router's firewall that is. If it's a mimo based router, it's highly unlikely it'll work. I had issues with those types before. Not all routers are compatible.
    03-21-12 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD