Actually BBM on ios and android more features than BBM on BlackBerry
    On ios and android you can quote a quoted
    On android Is material design now good display imo

Posted via CB10
    No. I have quoted replies on Z30.

I have voice and video on Z30. Material design is not a feature over BB.

So I don't know what features you mean android and ios has that bb10 doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian and 00stryder like this.
    07-27-15 03:16 PM
    No. I have quoted replies on Z30.
    I think that's quoting a quote itself?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-27-15 03:31 PM
    Especially since BlackBerry's Android apps haven't been uhhh, great to date. Raises the question, can they build a really great Android app? BBM was 'rough' out the gates and their only other experience comes by way of Enterprise apps which don't really require a lot of beautification.
    Genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this. BBM seems to have improved greatly since BlackBerry decided to make their messaging client fit better with the target platform. Android BBM looks lovely, imho, and works well - though admittedly I don't use Android as my daily driver, just occasionally.

They've since brought out Blend for iOS and Android tablets (but a bit laggy on iPad, imho)... I don't know if it's been much more than a year since BlackBerry drank the cross platform kool aid but from where I'm standing as a user of multiple platforms they seem to be getting better at it. Just to be devil's advocate, this is a relatively recent development given the history of the company. Not making excuses, just an observation.

I think Chen is full bore on being a software and services company first and foremost. And he's going to put a priority on releasing a cross platform BlackBerry Experience suite that works well before releasing it en masse. So my personal guess is that they'll release on Android first, and that it will be a decent facsimile of BB10's Hub. Of course there will be bugs, just like when Microsoft released Outlook cross platform, etc - but that's to be expected, imho.

Nobody gets it right the first time, just ask Apple, lol.
    mathking606 likes this.
    07-27-15 05:47 PM
    BB10 Os forever!

  
    07-27-15 06:25 PM
    I can't wait, do people (android users) really need blackberry experience?
    07-27-15 07:22 PM
    Genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this. BBM seems to have improved greatly since BlackBerry decided to make their messaging client fit better with the target platform. Android BBM looks lovely, imho, and works well - though admittedly I don't use Android as my daily driver, just occasionally.

They've since brought out Blend for iOS and Android tablets (but a bit laggy on iPad, imho)... I don't know if it's been much more than a year since BlackBerry drank the cross platform kool aid but from where I'm standing as a user of multiple platforms they seem to be getting better at it. Just to be devil's advocate, this is a relatively recent development given the history of the company. Not making excuses, just an observation.

I think Chen is full bore on being a software and services company first and foremost. And he's going to put a priority on releasing a cross platform BlackBerry Experience suite that works well before releasing it en masse. So my personal guess is that they'll release on Android first, and that it will be a decent facsimile of BB10's Hub. Of course there will be bugs, just like when Microsoft released Outlook cross platform, etc - but that's to be expected, imho.

Nobody gets it right the first time, just ask Apple, lol.
    Unfortunately, people don't have patience for 'getting better at it', especially when it comes to BlackBerry. It needs to be solid out of the gates or it will instantly tumble simply because it's BlackBerry producing it. The general audience is more accepting of issues when it's Apple, Microsoft, Google etc. When it's BlackBerry, it gets one shot to make a GREAT first impression. If it fails at that, then everything else is a wash. That's just the way it is.
    07-27-15 07:47 PM
    Unfortunately, people don't have patience for 'getting better at it', especially when it comes to BlackBerry. It needs to be solid out of the gates or it will instantly tumble simply because it's BlackBerry producing it. The general audience is more accepting of issues when it's Apple, Microsoft, Google etc. When it's BlackBerry, it gets one shot to make a GREAT first impression. If it fails at that, then everything else is a wash. That's just the way it is.
    That's true. But the BBM app is pretty great on my Nexus 6 now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-15 08:05 PM
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Most of my friends are iOS users and some of the grumbling on this forum is very familiar.... Until Apple came out with the 6 / 6+ and then suddenly they were fine. It's all about what the neighbour has over the fence I guess, lol.

Strange that now everyone is so obsessed with Android that the double typing and screen lifting issue threads seem to have died down, lol.

Anyway, thanks!
    07-27-15 08:40 PM
    I just recently switched from BlackBerry to Android and would be greatly interested in a well done Hub application. The question of course has already been asked: Can they pull it off? I too have rather faith in their task. Just thinking back at the initial BBM launches for Android and iOS for the matter. I also have my serious doubts regarding DHabkirks comments, nothing against him, but he stated multiple times there are no keyboard issues with either Classic or Passport, yet the reports regarding double-typing are growing weekly. So I have reason to doubt his findings.

I also agree that BBM for example has greatly improved on Android. In fact I find it ptetty usable on my new Android device. It doesn't do any weird drainings on the battery, the interface is ok and it seems it features all the stuff we know from the native BB10 version. Sending and receiving messages is just as fast as it is on the native counterparts.

However especially in the rather impatient Android world you eithet deliver something decent right from the start or you'll lose interested customers pretty quickly. That might be a different case for enterprise users though.
    07-27-15 10:33 PM
    Let's wait and see, until the rumors solidify a little more... :-)

�   "BBAndr10d Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-27-15 11:55 PM
    This is gonna make me move to android.
    Application com.android.bbhub stopped unexpectedly.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-28-15 12:12 AM
    For what it's worth.. I've never had the double type issue and I've had a Passport since October last year.

You guys don't have to believe him. I do. And if I can get my BlackBerry apps i.e. bbm and BlackBerry experience on an OS that gives me the added benefit of access to the apps I want without workarounds i.e. Android.. then I'm all in.

You do you.

Posted via CB10
    this
    07-28-15 03:36 AM
    All the things that made a BB unique and some sort of appeal are just being given away. When BBM went cross platform BB lost millions of users. No monetary gain whatsoever. A straight loss of consumers and device sales profit. BB is left with the cost of supporting, mostly, consumers on other platforms using BBM servers. Even if BBM had more users than WA there still would be nothing to boast about because it cant be monetized. Can't see how giving the HUB away is going to help BB either except loose more customers. Or for that matter going Android. It's not the device's that people want, it's the BB10 OS experience they want. Think about the long term cost of developing all this cross platform stuff and maintaining it. Never to be able to recoup your costs. In the end all we will be left with is the PKB, and we know how that's going.
    07-28-15 08:47 AM
    Everyone waiting for reasons to move to android, y'all can have it and its bazillion exploits where new ones keep popping up every day. Enjoy.

Richard
    07-28-15 09:37 AM
    Yup,.. and BBM was one IM app, which they controlled entirely. The Hub is an integration of supposedly multiple accounts/feeds. It will be nothing short of a miracle if they not only (1) not repeat the BBM blunders, but (2) don't repeat the BBM blunders with a more complex environment and thus the possibility of much epic failure (like: The BlackBerry Hub app deleted all my Gmail!)

Most likely it'll be less fun shortfalls to watch,.. something like: 'kills battery life' or 'doesn't show notifications properly on the lock screen'.

Posted via CB10
    I just wonder if they be able to make an LED blink.......
    Bbnivende and crackberry_geek like this.
    07-28-15 09:41 AM
    All the things that made a BB unique and some sort of appeal are just being given away. When BBM went cross platform BB lost millions of users. No monetary gain whatsoever. A straight loss of consumers and device sales profit. BB is left with the cost of supporting, mostly, consumers on other platforms using BBM servers. Even if BBM had more users than WA there still would be nothing to boast about because it cant be monetized. Can't see how giving the HUB away is going to help BB either except loose more customers. Or for that matter going Android. It's not the device's that people want, it's the BB10 OS experience they want. Think about the long term cost of developing all this cross platform stuff and maintaining it. Never to be able to recoup your costs. In the end all we will be left with is the PKB, and we know how that's going.
    Lol... pull your head out of the sand. Leaving BBM to languish inside of BlackBerry devices which were being bought less and less because of many other reasons meant that BBM for BlackBerry users was actually becoming useless (since it became very unlikely that you knew anyone else that also had a BlackBerry device). The decision to go cross platform was the right one,.. but years too late.

So basically your line of thinking is exactly what their line of thinking was and we all know how that turned out.

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-28-15 09:42 AM
    Actually BBM on ios and android more features than BBM on BlackBerry
    On ios and android you can quote a quoted
    On android Is material design now good display imo

Posted via CB10
    Yep! And Usman is spot on there! Still might be a little rough on battery drain for Apple though
    07-28-15 09:43 AM
    If BBM had "caught on", then Channels and premium features like Video could have been monetized. But it didn't catch on in the markets it need to.

IF the HUB is a free app (which is a big IF), maybe it would be used along with premium features that BlackBerry could monetize. But we don't know what the BlackBerry Experience will be or what it will require.

But I really imagine the BlackBerry Experience is a way to keep BES customers, without providing expensive hardware.
    KenV54 likes this.
    07-28-15 09:54 AM
    IF the HUB is a free app (which is a big IF), maybe it would be used along with premium features that BlackBerry could monetize. But we don't know what the BlackBerry Experience will be or what it will require.
    At least we know it will cost something. The Hub will be a part of the productivity app suite which is one of three bundles.
    "These suites can be sold individually or together as the BlackBerry Experience Suite."
    http://global.blackberry.com/en/ente...nce-suite.html
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-28-15 11:04 AM
    If you want a Blackberry Hub just buy a Blackberry 10 device, everything else is a piracy apps!! #ichoiceblackberry10
    07-28-15 12:06 PM
    BB lost tons of users before BBM went cross platform. How are people holding on to this delusion that BBM was keeping people on BlackBerry? It's just trying to avoid the truth. BlackBerry is trying to monetize BBM through stickers and subscription services, but people left BB and BBM before it went cross platform and they never regained the user base they need to monetize those things and BB users whine and complain when we are asked to pay for those things like everyone else.

Now it's the Hub. The Hub isn't keeping people on BlackBerry (outside of the CrackBerry fans), either. Let's tell the truth here, nothing is keeping people on BB and the lack of an app ecosystem is driving them away.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-28-15 12:06 PM
    Lol... pull your head out of the sand. Leaving BBM to languish inside of BlackBerry devices which were being bought less and less because of many other reasons meant that BBM for BlackBerry users was actually becoming useless (since it became very unlikely that you knew anyone else that also had a BlackBerry device). The decision to go cross platform was the right one,.. but years too late.

So basically your line of thinking is exactly what their line of thinking was and we all know how that turned out.

Posted via CB10
    That's not my line of thinking and not where I'm going with my comment and I'm not dumping BB for Android. I agree, everything with BB is always late. Its almost deja vu with BB again. It was the Storm back then and now its the high end full touch. And people don't want to pay for apps. That's what makes Android so popular. Thousands of free apps.
    07-28-15 12:17 PM
    BB lost tons of users before BBM went cross platform. How are people holding on to this delusion that BBM was keeping people on BlackBerry? It's just trying to avoid the truth. BlackBerry is trying to monetize BBM through stickers and subscription services, but people left BB and BBM before it went cross platform and they never regained the user base they need to monetize those things and BB users whine and complain when we are asked to pay for those things like everyone else.

Now it's the Hub. The Hub isn't keeping people on BlackBerry (outside of the CrackBerry fans), either. Let's tell the truth here, nothing is keeping people on BB and the lack of an app ecosystem is driving them away.
    And the move to Android (if it's really coming), is most likely too late.

At best it might allow them to keep some enterprise customers, but at this point they are just not in a position to compete in the hardware business.

So any app revenues that the BBE can create is just a plus.
    07-28-15 01:01 PM
    Well, okay.
    07-28-15 01:46 PM
    the Phone is an samsung ? HUB ? what are you talking about? you talking BBM on Android or ? no clue, clueless . I;m out of here seems another stupid threat.
    07-28-15 02:06 PM
64 123