Currently, the BlackBerry Hub gives you access to all of your messaging accounts in one place. Emails, SMS, Facebook, Twitter etc etc. This is absolutely amazing because it removes the need to check each one of them individually.

BUT, today's teenagers and young adults (like me) use all of them to talk to a single person! For example, I responded to a friend on twitter and then moved to Facebook Chat to randomly chat and then moved to text messaging because I had to leave my home for a couple of hours. Yes, there's a Facebook chat app but it's not as smooth as it should be. We had to switch between three different methods of communication.

What if BlackBerry Hub compiles ALL messages sent to or received from a person and puts them as a unified chat by person?

So this chat window would have, in my case, the twitter response, the facebook chat and the text messages in a single window. This way, talking to a person is made easier because it doesn't matter what you use, it's all in one place just a click away.

Instead of only putting all of the person's accounts together, take it one step further and put together all of the person's contacts! The BlackBerry Address Book already does this by retrieving latest information by person basis (not all but some). But this still requires you to open individual apps to respond!
    Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 02-02-13 at 11:14 PM.
    kfh227 and annon91221 like this.
    02-02-13 10:58 PM
    I'm in the USA so forgive me.

Doesn't the hub already do this? Oh, now I get the nuances. Ya, that would be cool. Surprised that it doesn't do this already.
    02-02-13 11:12 PM
    I'm in the USA so forgive me.

Doesn't the hub already do this? Oh, now I get the nuances. Ya, that would be cool. Surprised that it doesn't do this already.
    Yes it does,
    02-02-13 11:23 PM
    I think what you are saying is just that a person's all conversations should have a unified inbox...Good idea...however, in order to respond to a person, Hub probably does fine...i mean you get msg notification--->you view msg--->you respond....kina flow into it..
    From a unified inbox though...how would the hub know that you want to respond in a certain way i.e FB twitter or text.....
    02-02-13 11:36 PM
    I think what you are saying is just that a person's all conversations should have a unified inbox...Good idea...however, in order to respond to a person, Hub probably does fine...i mean you get msg notification--->you view msg--->you respond....kina flow into it..
    From a unified inbox though...how would the hub know that you want to respond in a certain way i.e FB twitter or text.....
    You reply using the same method that was used to send the message. Friend sends me a Facebook chat, I reply via Hub 2.0 as Facebook message.

Additionally, a menu option can be placed (like the calendar where you can select in which calendar you want to save a new event...).
    02-02-13 11:49 PM