With bis gone and no secure Web pim service available it would be nice if BlackBerry created this service. Could replace some of the lost revenue from bis accounts if done well.

I posted this idea in the icanmakeitbetter website. If you would like something like that please up vote the idea at the icanmakeitbetter site. If you have other or better ideas please post them under the comments section at that website so BlackBerry can see it.

What I wrote there :

We used to have a BlackBerry hosted email in BIS days. With bis no longer available it would be nice if BlackBerry hosted a secure email/calendar/task/contact service. This would be accessible via a PC as well as BlackBerry 10 phones. And there should be tight synchronization between the phone and the desktop. For example the desktop contact version should include things like pin etc. Essentially it should look the same as the phone. They could make this available cross platform and charge a monthly fee directly to the subscriber by passing the carriers. This will allow them to lower the fees to the consumers plus earn revenue and use the existing bis infrastructure. Bis via carriers cost 5 bucks. If they charge 2 to 3$ it would be perfect. Can even market a family pack allowing 4 accounts for example. And to really make it attractive all the data sync between the phone the PC and BlackBerry servers would be compressed along with being encrypted. If some things like this was offered I know my family would sign up.

Link:
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-email-service

Posted via CB10
    Juggy16 likes this.
    06-11-14 08:36 PM
    This is a topic that has been raised before. As much as I wouldn't mind seeing such a service, I would peronally prefer to see BlackBerry concentrate efforts on the elements that are most likley to ensure the survival of the brand -- namely the Enterprise side, MDM, the devices for business users, and so on. Setting up an entire email/PIM service would stretch resources too thin.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a "business user". But as long as the devices produced for business users are available to consumers like me, I'm sure I'll find something that will suit me. With all the email/PIM services available, I'll be happy until BlackBerry is on a sound financial footing and able to consider such a move.
    06-11-14 09:21 PM
    Long live BlackBerry

? Slicing using my ?
    06-11-14 09:34 PM
    Please give me this. A email calendar contacts bis-like service. Just think of it like a Bes server but users on it are BlackBerry customers. I would gladly pay for this than paying google in unknown ways for gmail.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 10:10 PM
    I would love it, but it's too expensive for their situation right now

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    06-11-14 11:29 PM
    With bis gone and no secure Web pim service available it would be nice if BlackBerry created this service. Could replace some of the lost revenue from bis accounts if done well.

I posted this idea in the icanmakeitbetter website. If you would like something like that please up vote the idea at the icanmakeitbetter site. If you have other or better ideas please post them under the comments section at that website so BlackBerry can see it.

What I wrote there :

We used to have a BlackBerry hosted email in BIS days. With bis no longer available it would be nice if BlackBerry hosted a secure email/calendar/task/contact service. This would be accessible via a PC as well as BlackBerry 10 phones. And there should be tight synchronization between the phone and the desktop. For example the desktop contact version should include things like pin etc. Essentially it should look the same as the phone. They could make this available cross platform and charge a monthly fee directly to the subscriber by passing the carriers. This will allow them to lower the fees to the consumers plus earn revenue and use the existing bis infrastructure. Bis via carriers cost 5 bucks. If they charge 2 to 3$ it would be perfect. Can even market a family pack allowing 4 accounts for example. And to really make it attractive all the data sync between the phone the PC and BlackBerry servers would be compressed along with being encrypted. If some things like this was offered I know my family would sign up.

Link:
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-email-service

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry offered a storeaiand-forward email service not hosted email. There is a critical distinction and BlackBerry warned BIS users not to use their @blackberry.net address for their BlackBerry ID since the company would not send password reset emails to these domains.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-13-14 07:29 PM
    BlackBerry would have to (1) justify paying for this, (2) be able to pay for this, and (3) figure out how to market and monetize this. All those things seem tough for their position right now and counting on them to market this service well? I think we all know the answer to that one... :-/
    06-13-14 07:41 PM
    There is a way to monitorize this. Charge ppl about $5 every six months. Similar to a dollar a month with the sixth month free. So for the year if 1 million people sign up its like 10 million in revenue. Now here is what you get for the cost. BlackBerry.net email, secure contacts, calendar etc. ( market it as the return of privacy) , the ability to have the dual profile capabilities (for all the prosumers) similar to the BES feature, and 50% off the BBM store. Including stickers, backgrounds and anything else they may have planned with the shop feature.

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:12 PM
    I would sign up today for $5/mo for hosted email/contact/ calendar. With full BES10 and eBBM. With the ability to share contacts and Calendars with my team of 4. Oh and some cloud storage .

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    BitPusher2600 likes this.
    06-17-14 02:25 PM
    This will be a good question when the cloud based BES comes out. If they could offer a lite version of this solution to families etc... I would be interested and willing to pay a fee. I would want at least email, device management (remote wipe, locate, like protect used to offer), calendar and eBBM.
    06-17-14 03:03 PM
    Would this be closed like iCoud or completely open to all platforms like Google. Wouldn't Microsoft's Outlook.com be about the same thing?
    06-17-14 03:32 PM
    Would this be closed like iCoud or completely open to all platforms like Google. Wouldn't Microsoft's Outlook.com be about the same thing?
    Closed I hope, otherwise why even bother.
    06-17-14 03:54 PM
    Different profiles I mean as in BlackBerry Balance.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:24 PM
    I would sign up today for $5/mo for hosted email/contact/ calendar. With full BES10 and eBBM. With the ability to share contacts and Calendars with my team of 4. Oh and some cloud storage .

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    I would do the same in a heartbeat.
    06-17-14 06:24 PM