For blackberry to truly succeed, it's not really about the six points the other forum guy posted that got crackberry posting it up. They need good devices that are relatively cheaper. Period! To Win in this smartphone race you need numbers. Financial loses are just a temporary problem, numbers are not. The reason, we even don't have enough apps is as a result of the numbers not the earnings call. Developers look at how many people they can get on board their app, not what blackberry is making. Once you have the numbers, ideas are bountiful, apps are in abundance, you then become financially stable. You can still have high end phones for the rich folks but the masses don't spend much for less. All am saying is, make more Q5's, and sell them cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff likes this.
    06-30-13 02:35 PM
    Just BRING the Q5 to the US...jeez.
    06-30-13 03:35 PM
    Too bad that can't completely happen because according to them, their platform does not perform on low end hardware. Something like this would be great to materialize though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    06-30-13 04:03 PM
    BB10 needs 2GB ( apparently ) to work, they can't make cheap devices with 2GB of RAM, even if they look cheap ( the Q5 look is horrible ... does not worth the 400 Euros they try to sell it for ).

BlackBerry is sinking, get over it !
    06-30-13 04:09 PM
    Just BRING the Q5 to the US...jeez.
    Forget the US, why don't we have it in Canada? As a developer I'd love a keyboard handset as a backup to my Z10, but I don't need or want another top tier device like the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 04:56 PM
    They have already been there with the PB.
    06-30-13 05:11 PM
    BlackBerry has said that it does not have the economy of scale to do cheap.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:21 AM
    The PlayBook is not a phone. Am talking about phones here. Their disregard for the PlayBook does annoy me tho. Huawei and many other devices don't even sell that much yet new products emerge from time to time, whats wrong with targeting a niche market. They need to match the competition in all different segments they face.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 03:02 PM
    Cheap ain't good, and good ain't cheap.

Posted by Z10
    07-01-13 03:03 PM
    Yeah. Going niche will further stall app development
    07-01-13 03:46 PM
    Cheap smartphones are a huge market and one where BlackBerry has been very competitive.

Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them Volley'd and thunder'd; "STORM"'d at by shorts from hell, "BOLD"ly they typed and well, Into the jaws of Death, To teach them the meaning of SELL LIKE HELL!
    07-01-13 03:52 PM
    You can't put your personal needs as the top priority of the day. The reality is, blackberry is sinking, and nobody is going to buy an expensive device that is not even being recognized as a top tier device. Windows phone have gone cheap with quality phones, and gradually they are coming out strong. They have better apps than blackberry world, and all that is as a result of their emerging customer numbers not because their phones are cheap.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 03:58 PM
    I agree, they need to get these phones into customers hands, even if its at a loss. Except for people like me who already anticipated and waited for the q10, the average consumer will most likely buy a gs4 or htc one or iphone 5 for the price of the q10. Gotta get these products out there, maybe free on contract or 50 dollars on contract, something significantly lower than the competition. Maybe at least have parents buy their tweener kids these phones. This is the only way to get developers' attention. Pricing the phones at the same prices as the competition just isn't going to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:04 PM