Joe, is that your email address as your forum ID.
    yeah it is, when i registered i only put it as Joeya7x, But it came out to be my full email address, i found that really strange.... and there's really no way to change it...
    06-27-08 01:34 PM
    Joe, is that your email address as your forum ID.
    Exactly what I was going to ask... that's a bad idea because of privacy and because spam bots can read e-mail addresses off forums.

That's why many post their addresses example [at] example [dot] com.

I ran a Google search for that PIN in case anything else came up, but only saw this thread.

Hope this doesn't happen to you again.

EDIT: An admin may able to change your username, I have been part of many vB forums and they do have this ability most of the time.
    06-27-08 01:36 PM
    I'm sure there is a way. I would contact one of the mods on the forum.
    06-27-08 01:36 PM
    PM a mod a link to this thread and request a
    different screen name,

And like everyone else, I am really sorry this
    happened to you. Don't let it sour you on CB
    or BBM though.
    06-27-08 01:38 PM
    I know who the culprit is
    06-27-08 01:40 PM
    Exactly what I was going to ask... that's a bad idea because of privacy and because spam bots can read e-mail addresses off forums.

That's why many post their addresses example [at] example [dot] com.

I ran a Google search for that PIN in case anything else came up, but only saw this thread.

Hope this doesn't happen to you again.

EDIT: An admin may able to change your username, I have been part of many vB forums and they do have this ability most of the time.
    Thanks, I tried doing the same thing, but when i searched, no results were found.... well maybe I can also contact an Admin and see if they can look up the PIN...
    06-27-08 01:41 PM
    really you do???
    06-27-08 01:42 PM
    My little one isn't 2 yet but if he was older say 15 and got a msg like this I would have a field day choking the peddy that dared talk to my child like that.

On a lighted note. Why don't I ever get PINs like that. Sorry it happened to you but I at 25 would be laughing my **** off

Just saying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 01:46 PM
    If you really do, PM the OP. Do not post it
    here. No sense in making a bad situation
    worse.
    06-27-08 01:47 PM
    That is disturbing. That's why I don't accept just any request without further info or contact. As stated before there's going to be some wierdos lurking around. I've received a reqest and when I pin'd back with a hello. Who ever it was was asking who I was. I thought that strange since whoever it was sent the request. Wonder what's going on? Just received a request from 245FBC8A. And sent a pin message a couple of hours ago and no response back. I will ask first, to add someone to my contacts. Good luck. =8')
    06-27-08 01:55 PM
    I say, If you know who it is.. please share with all of us! Let's publicly humiliate this fool.. give em a good CB beat down..
    06-27-08 01:58 PM
    Like all the others b4 me hv said it is sad tht ppl lk tht exist in the world. Some ppl are just immature and obviously don't know how to act. That's why I never posted my pin bc not everyone knows how to just hv decent conversation. Sorry you went through that foolishness kid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 02:50 PM
    I think everyone should know who that person is. Just like everyone knows where all sex offenders are living (registered). That person definately needs the beat down. =X'}
    06-27-08 03:20 PM
    I had my own PIN anomaly today... I got an add request from an unknown user and, out of curiosity, accepted the invitation. It turned out to be a young lady considerably younger than I am who was blindly pinging folks just looking for contacts... It seems to me that pin #'s, mine anyway, is going to be reserved for folks that I already know. Posting it leaves too big a door wide open. I do not want that kind of aggravation.
    06-27-08 03:29 PM
    I passed some info off to some helping hands with the info that was posted in #1 post....

Something maybe handled with out us knowing.......
    06-27-08 03:33 PM
    Sorry this has happened to some of you guys The worst I've gotten is the random pictures of boy parts ... lol. It's sad some people are so sad and desperate to act like that. There are always a few bad seeds that have to ruin the fun for everyone else. Immature.
    06-27-08 03:36 PM
    first off, sorry to hear about the bad experience.

secondly, people need to be aware of the risks of putting their pin OR any other info about them online. look at facebook for example. people entire lives are on facebook, pictures, name, phone #, address and so much stuff. people gotta realize that doing such things poses a risk. would you walk around handing your photo and phone # to people on the street? well its the same thing as doing it online. a lot of people just jump on the online sharing frenzy and forget the risks.

i say delete the person and black their pin. don't let this spoil ur blackberry/online experience, but just be careful when u're online or giving out info about urself.
    06-27-08 03:44 PM
    Hi this is directed to Jose Meraz.

( My blackberry user name is hahlee )
    My name is hahlee and my friend and i are very sorry for harassing you on the blackberry mesenger chat. We were being stupid and annoying and at the time we thought it was funny. But i guess you didnt think so. We were bored and wanted something to do, and we did not think you would take any personal percautions. We are both 15 years old as well and you should know well that teens like to joke around. Anyways, Jose im really sorry if i offended you in any way or form, we were both being stupid and childish and i hope you understand us. We were trying to have fun at the expense of another but we thought you would understand. Once again we are really sorry for harassing you and it wasnt personal. You can delete us off black berry messanger if you wish or you can stay and we can have a decent chat.

Or maybe you can give me a chance to redeem myself and talk like ,friends.Because we are not harassers or child preditors, rapists or anything along those lines. We are just both 15 year olds trying to have fun.

And we're very very truly sorry. So please accept our apology and let us put this stupid incident behind us.

Thank you for taking the time to read our apology, Jose Meraz.

And thank you everyone else for helpinig Jose. Thank you.

-Hahlee && Apreel
    06-27-08 06:44 PM
    I cant express how sorry we both feel about this. And i can not contain it to one reply. This issue if making me upset because we now realize there are people out there who do not take things like this so seriously. Again Jose we are truely sorry for the harassment you received from us. We really are sorry.

We are sorry for claiming your sexual orientation was gay and for bringing up sexually related themes during our conversation, we are also sorry for claiming to be your "dream girl". And we appolgize that you took this as harassment.

Sorry Jose. Regards from Hahlee and Apareel.

Thank you for taking the time to read what we had to say and we truely you can some how excuse our immature acts we protrayed to you today.

-Thank you and once again we apologize.
    06-27-08 06:57 PM
    There certainly are some sick people out there. Giving out your pin is no different from giving out your phone number. If you don't know the person, don't do it.
    06-27-08 07:02 PM
    damn...grabbing me some popcorn for this one
    06-27-08 07:03 PM
    Make some room for me raven!! I got junior mints too!
    06-27-08 07:05 PM
    I'm happy this was worked out. They was mature enough to say they was sorry. How did they find you.
    06-27-08 07:05 PM
    Hi this is directed to Jose Meraz.

( My blackberry user name is hahlee )
    My name is hahlee and my friend and i are very sorry for harassing you on the blackberry mesenger chat. We were being stupid and annoying and at the time we thought it was funny. But i guess you didnt think so. We were bored and wanted something to do, and we did not think you would take any personal percautions. We are both 15 years old as well and you should know well that teens like to joke around. Anyways, Jose im really sorry if i offended you in any way or form, we were both being stupid and childish and i hope you understand us. We were trying to have fun at the expense of another but we thought you would understand. Once again we are really sorry for harassing you and it wasnt personal. You can delete us off black berry messanger if you wish or you can stay and we can have a decent chat.

Or maybe you can give me a chance to redeem myself and talk like ,friends.Because we are not harassers or child preditors, rapists or anything along those lines. We are just both 15 year olds trying to have fun.

And we're very very truly sorry. So please accept our apology and let us put this stupid incident behind us.

Thank you for taking the time to read our apology, Jose Meraz.

And thank you everyone else for helpinig Jose. Thank you.

-Hahlee && Apreel
    I cant express how sorry we both feel about this. And i can not contain it to one reply. This issue if making me upset because we now realize there are people out there who do not take things like this so seriously. Again Jose we are truely sorry for the harassment you received from us. We really are sorry.

We are sorry for claiming your sexual orientation was gay and for bringing up sexually related themes during our conversation, we are also sorry for claiming to be your "dream girl". And we appolgize that you took this as harassment.

Sorry Jose. Regards from Hahlee and Apareel.

Thank you for taking the time to read what we had to say and we truely you can some how excuse our immature acts we protrayed to you today.

-Thank you and once again we apologize.

Hahlee... I want to thank you for being up front with me.... Anyone else interested in the confrontation between us please see below... Thanks...

PS: Also I don't believe I went above anyone here at all. It was my own judgment to take action.. Some people get defensive as you can see, until they realize what action can be taken against them....

Participants:
    -------------
    John,Hahlee.

Hahlee.: Hey who is this?
    Hahlee.: :]
    John: How u
    Hahlee.: You added me.
    John: Ya saw ya on crackberry
    John: Figured I would add you as a friend
    Hahlee.: Oh okay
    Hahlee.: Hi
    John: How you?
    Hahlee.: I'm okay you
    Hahlee.: How old arew you
    John: You first.
    Hahlee.: If you're from crackberry you're prolly older than me I am a teenager.
    John: Okay. So let me ask you this. Do you think it's right to talk to another teenager on there
    John: Hmmm harrassment
    Hahlee.: What..
    Hahlee.: Whatre you saying?
    John: Have you been on your forum?
    Hahlee.: No I never go on
    John: Somebody filed a complaint with your info and pin
    John: We are investigating it.
    Hahlee.: Uhm right.
    John: Go on and see.
    John: You don't believe me.
    John: The person filing it gave out your info
    Hahlee.: Well muy friend took my phone. So its not my fault.
    John: I suggest you go on there and make it right.
    Hahlee.: Or what..
    John: Well let me put it this way. We will contact your provider and research in motion. And have them take action.
    Hahlee.: Oh ok
    Hahlee.: Thanl you
    Hahlee.: My friend probably thought it was a friend of hers she jokes around with
    Hahlee.: Thank you for telling me and can you appologize on my behalf
    Hahlee.: Thanks
    John: I will not appologize for you.
    Hahlee.: okay ill do it myself thank you
    John: A response needs to be given with in 24 hrs or action will be taken
    Hahlee.: Okay
    John: I have you info so their will be a follow up
    Hahlee.: How do I log on
    Hahlee.: I don't have a pass
    Hahlee.: Do I create another one
    John: You have a username?
    John: Reset your password on the forum.
    John: And then post you response
    Hahlee.: I don't know my user name
    John: Then you can creat a new one
    Hahlee.: Do I create one
    John: Yes you can
    Hahlee.: Oh alrighty
    John: Make sure you post you info. Verifying it is you.
    Hahlee.: What do I say
    John: That is not up to me.
    Hahlee.: Who reported me what did they say
    Hahlee.: How can I get in trouble for what my friend did
    Hahlee.: I don't undertsnad
    Hahlee.: Nvm
    Hahlee.: Sorry
    John: I can not disclose that info
    Hahlee.: Can u tell me the name of the person
    Hahlee.: Then how do I make the appologie personal
    John: If you look on the forum. The person may a post.
    Hahlee.: But who do I make an appologie
    Hahlee.: If I make a new account how can I see it
    John: The person that posted the thread is that person
    John: It's under blackberry discussion
    Hahlee.: What?
    Hahlee.: Which thread hmm
    Hahlee.: Okay stay here I might need help ok?
    John: Ok.....
    Hahlee.: Wuts it called
    John: The thread
    Hahlee.: The title
    Hahlee.: Of the thread
    John: Blackberry harrassment
    Hahlee.: Okie
    Hahlee.: Thanks
    John: Find it?
    Hahlee.: Yes but
    Hahlee.: I dunt remember my user
    Hahlee.: How do I find it
    Hahlee.: Excuse mee
    Hahlee.: How do I find it
    John: Then create a new one
    Hahlee.: But if it wasn't me who said thosew things what will happen to me?
    John: They used your phone and you pin
    Hahlee.: Yeah who is responsible.
    John: You...
    John: Your account and phone
    Hahlee.: No
    John: Umm unforunatley yes
    John: Your friend would be considered an accessory
    Hahlee.: Once I apoligize on her behalf is it over?
    John: . You as long as the post is verified.
    Hahlee.: After it is verified and all is it okay is it over
    Hahlee.: Are you done with me?
    Hahlee.: After that
    John: Should be. I still could give your info to the mobile company and have it notted on your account for monitoring.
    Hahlee.: Well how about you will read my apology first okay
    Hahlee.: iwe posted it
    Hahlee.: Username hahlee
    Hahlee.: Ok
    John: Please standby
    John: Thank you.
    Hahlee.: We are posting a second reply please read it also, thank you.
    Hahlee.: We want to say moee
    Hahlee.: More*
    John: Okay. Let me know please
    Hahlee.: Okay we are composing ti now
    Hahlee.: Okay its up.
    Hahlee.: Thank you
    Hahlee.: I will standby.
    John: Okay
    Hahlee.: Thank you.
    06-27-08 07:11 PM
    Very big of you to step up and apologize.
    06-27-08 07:17 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD