I recently purhcased an iPhone after being a Blackberry user for over 5 years. I had it for a weeek and had to get rid of it. I did like the graphics and the ability to open and read excel spreadsheets, pdf's etc. When will Blackberry allow its business users like myself have the ability to open and read a spreadsheet clearly?

This is a substantial part of my business and I am sure everyone elses around here. is there a verison or particlar model i need? i have the 8310 (ATT User). runnign v4.5.0.11
    Any help is certaihly appreciated.
    Thx!!
    Joe
    04-15-09 08:09 PM
    I use eOffice. As an Accountant I live and die by spreadsheets.
    eOffice does a beautiful job with them.

It is far and away better than Documents To Go, more feature
    rich and $40 cheaper. I have the same unit as you and have no
    issue dealing with spreadsheets on my phone with that app.
    04-15-09 08:21 PM
    Whoa, I answer with fear and trepidation to an accountant with ALMOST 10k of CBF posts !! I totally disagree as regards eOffice vs DTG. I used eOffice with my 8830 - it was a horrible experience, to say the least. With older phones, it was a nightmare.

My experiences with Storm and DTG has been very positive. Nice PDF support, for a few dollars more. (The base DTG is NC, right ?)

You are telling me that (1) you don't have the two companies switched in your post and/or (2) eOffice has come a really long way in a really short time, right ? Furthermore, (3) RIM did not know what they were doing selecting DTG for their initial offering of Storm, right ?

Doctor Neutron
    04-15-09 08:41 PM
    no wonder you haven't been around as much lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:04 PM
    eOffice does a beautiful job with them.

It is far and away better than Documents To Go, more feature
    rich and $40 cheaper. I have the same unit as you and have no
    issue dealing with spreadsheets on my phone with that app.

Nooo AG!!!!

Whoa, I answer with fear and trepidation to an accountant with ALMOST 10k of CBF posts !! I totally disagree as regards eOffice vs DTG. I used eOffice with my 8830 - it was a horrible experience, to say the least. With older phones, it was a nightmare.

My experiences with Storm and DTG has been very positive. Nice PDF support, for a few dollars more. (The base DTG is NC, right ?)

You are telling me that (1) you don't have the two companies switched in your post and/or (2) eOffice has come a really long way in a really short time, right ? Furthermore, (3) RIM did not know what they were doing selecting DTG for their initial offering of Storm, right ?

Doctor Neutron
    i am going to have to agree with DRN on this. i tried e-office on my 8830 and couldn't stand it i wanted to be able to open a document and use it free and clear, not upload, compress, then download.

i stopped using it 3 days after the time it took me just to learn the thing. if i cant learn it in a few days good bye, so long, sianra!!!!!
    04-15-09 09:56 PM

Doctor Neutron
    No need for fear and trepidation. You found me in my kinder and gentler mode
    eOffice has come a long way. You are right, the first few iterations were
    just abysmal. No idea why RIM went with D2G, but I suspect that there is
    a monetary incentive.

no wonder you haven't been around as much lately.
    Sho 'nuff brother.

Nooo AG!!!!
    Yes Chelsy. You really should give it another look at it. Faxing from the device
    alone is worth it.

OK, now I'll let this go back on topic
    04-15-09 10:10 PM

Yes Chelsy. You really should give it another look at it. Faxing from the device
    alone is worth it.

OK, now I'll let this go back on topic

i tried it around dec of last year, late dec. i dont use faxing much, but i may use it just to be able to. wow.

do u still have to use the server to upload or can u just read it from the device?
    04-15-09 10:15 PM
    The gauntlet has been thrown! It's time for DTG to support faxing.

As an aside, let us stop with the personal attacks. Let us all huddle together as one BB Nation and sing Kumbayah, peace...Kumbayah, peace !

Doctor Neutron
    04-20-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD