So my blackberry curve fell in water. I took it out of the water and put it in rice

I waited about two hours before putting the battery back in.[stupid I know]

So the keyboard didn't work as far as I know[I only turned it on for like 30 seconds] and the ball doesn't work.

Do you think my phones done for?

If I have to get a new blackberry, I'll probably end up buying it off craigslist, because I cannot get a new phone with my cell company.

If I have tmobile do I have to get a tmobile phone? Or can I get like an AT&T blackberry phone?
    07-10-10 05:10 PM
    I would keep the battery out and not mess with the phone for a couple of days and then see what happens. Ya just never know. Good luck!!
    07-10-10 05:12 PM
    Check the thread on water damage in the Q&A section - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/

That might give you some insight.

A cheap replacement for the Curve can be had in the 8800 from eBay, no camera, but feels pretty similar and it's a nice well made phone.

I hope your phone comes back to life, good luck!
    07-10-10 05:16 PM
    I would keep the battery out and not mess with the phone for a couple of days and then see what happens. Ya just never know. Good luck!!
    Ok Thanks!

I only needed to put the battery back in to get a number out of my phone. I also wanted to check to see if the phone was completely dead.

I know I can probably get the ball fixed if that doesn't work, but I'm assuming if the keyboard doesn't work it's done for.

The water damage thing on the battery showed up though. That doesn't matter to me because I got my phone off craiglist, so I don't have any warranty or whatever.
    07-10-10 05:16 PM
    Check the thread on water damage in the Q&A section -

That might give you some insight.

A cheap replacement for the Curve can be had in the 8800 from eBay, no camera, but feels pretty similar and it's a nice well made phone.

I hope your phone comes back to life, good luck!
    Well basically I use everything in my phone except for the internet, which I don't have.

So I would use the camera. If I had internet I'm sure I'd use it alot.
    07-10-10 05:19 PM
    Why would you start a duplicate thread about the same subject?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/i-d...-water-494086/
    07-10-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD