Why cant i use some other email service with blackberry. Why does it have to be gmail? Gmail provides no live person to person techsupport over email account problems!

so can i use another email account like hotmail with blackberry???

Thank you for your time.
    04-11-09 04:29 AM
    You can add almost any e-mail account you want. I have hotmail, yahoo, gmail, crackberry, att.blackberry, etc. setup now. You need to login to your carrier's BIS site and add the e-mail accounts.

Chris
    04-11-09 05:07 AM
    Hello,
    Yep follow Chris advice, it is easy and about why Gmail doesn't provide live techsupport it is probably because it is so user friendly and flexible in the compatibility interaction with everybody else unlike hotmail for instance, leaving little or no room for any problems whatsoever.....
    Good Luck...
    04-11-09 10:33 AM
    I have Nextel with the 8350i and have hotmail set up on this thing - but not how I want it. I currently have over 1800 emails on this phone.... It doesn't update the phone like gmail does. Delete it on my gmail account on my computer and it gets updated on the phone. Wish my Hotmail would do the same. Can someone tell me how I can get my Hotmail account to sync on my phone the way gmail does? I'm certainly not a tech savy guy....just a guy that gets 200-300 emails a day... Bought the phone to save me time - now I waste hours deleting emails on the phone... Can anyone offer me any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    04-11-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD