Hello,

as a developper, I would like to know the current distribution in % for Blackerry OS

6 / 5 /4.5

is there any data such as for Android?

Thanks a lot for your help
    04-22-11 10:14 AM
    Not sure as per % but I would assume that OS5.xx would have the highest % seeing that OS6 is one the newer devices that came out recently and will grow as the newer BB's are released later this year. You should ask @ ww.androidcentral.com about their OS, would get more responses about Android OS. Coming from Android, the OS will vary by manufactors, with HTC being the best at keeping their devices updated. Others like Samsung will just release a new device with the upgraded OS and force u to either upgrade to get the new OS or you'll have to root and get a custom ROM. Hope any of this helped.
    04-22-11 10:24 AM
    Motorola does the same; ask my Milestone. But it is now running CM7 so it is all better.

Also, it seems the carriers are guilty of not pushing new releases to force customers to get a new 2yr contract.
    04-22-11 01:25 PM
    Motorola does the same; ask my Milestone. But it is now running CM7 so it is all better.

Also, it seems the carriers are guilty of not pushing new releases to force customers to get a new 2yr contract.
    Has more to do with the manufactor than carrier.
    04-22-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD