As an owner of those 3rd party apps that use reversed official API, I can tell you you are far from right.
    10-17-13 01:06 PM
    The way I interpret the op is that he means the platform is getting apps like...as in similar too ...

Lighten up and let some threads remain positive for goodness sake. Would it kill some of you?
    As long as there's inaccurate and intentionally misleading information being posted? Don't hold your breath.

Or, as Amanda Lang memorably said to Kevin the other day

'Actually, do hold your breath'.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 01:08 PM
    did anyone forget that none of these app are in the store yet? real nor imitation is in the app store. how can anyone say the app situation is making progress. until you can actually use it then nothing improved. everything in BB is coming soon.

also, like most ppl here said, if instangram, vine or wutever want to shut them down, they can. i just hope the dev don't get sue or anything bad for giving their effort
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 01:17 PM
    As long as there's inaccurate and intentionally misleading information being posted? Don't hold your breath.

Or, as Amanda Lang memorably said to Kevin the other day

'Actually, do hold your breath'.
    But in this case, there wasn't. That's my opinion. You have yours.
    10-17-13 02:24 PM
    But in this case, there wasn't. That's my opinion. You have yours.
    Exactly. That's why it doesn't make much sense to request that people 'let threads remain positive'. In this case, an intervention and clarification were clearly needed, and were provided quite quickly.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 04:05 PM
    Search the forums, there was a thread about it at some point.
    Oh, and don't worry about blocking me, I wouldn't dare use your sad knock-off of an app when I could use an official client on a supported platform. Very professional of you though, attempting to hard code your app to block users that make you mad on the internet. That's classic.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I thought this was actual news about actual big name apps coming to the platform. Guess I should know better by now than to be suckered in by thread titles. Enjoy your almostInstagram, sortaSnapchat, notquiteVine, etc. Call my when the 3rd party devs start releasing reverse engineered banking apps, cause that would be super too.
    Thanks for the info Mike007. Don't worry about it...this poster's posts and mentality speaks volumes. I have tried, as you may know, to give this poster the benefit of the doubt - even trying a "heart to heart" talk when he was really spewing hatred in a thread quite some time ago (got...mixed results...calmed him down a bit), but I am past that point now. He isn't capable - to be frank - of following the sames lines of thought/discussion that are being engaged - he's low impulse-control, and still, after the fact, instead of thinking it through - just goes to broad personal attacks or rails against his impressions. In short, he's a feeler, not a thinker. When he grows older, he will likely broaden his cognitive methods to include more of the latter as well - I hope (it is the general developmental psychology model).

And...to be fair...I believe him sincere....to him, our reasoning seems as alien as.....well it's unfathomable. He "doesn't get it" as he claims, and can only conceive of hatred being the reason for objection. He doesn't understand, for example, that I simply did not like him insulting and belittling other developers - despite my repeated explanation. He doesn't see that, or doesn't feel/empathize with those other developers - he only feels from his own perspective, and that of his friends (you can see the other developer who chimed in is of similar mindset). Welcome to teenage angst!

Brandon, it's great to have passion about things, but it behooves one to temper that with realism and objectivity. It is great to have loyalty, but to what? It great to advocate for your cause, but when you can't see and understand what others are saying, and you can't set aside your feelings to analyze the logic, you'll never be broadly respected or effective. You'll be the strident feminist barking through a megaphone to the faithful on parliament hill.....granted some people do thrive and gain notoriety like this - in fact, our society likes a simple emotional message. However, if you ever aspire to be a true statesman, you need to be able to calmly think through nuanced arguments logically - without affect. Or...even if you want to be say....a business man (I know you play in stocks), who makes sound, wining decisions repeatedly - it helps to have this. Emotionalism - it can give you energy, but it isn't always a sound basis for decisions.

Until then, I am sure you will think of me as a "hater" who doesn't make any sense and must simply be here to make you sad. (though one would hope that at the LEAST you would see that I have repeatedly advocated that the efforts from ALL developers be respected ) So be it. Neither of us will have a very positive impression of the other, however, I wish you know ill will. We are, in the end, very different in the way we think.
    10-17-13 04:50 PM
    ^wow write a book why don't you! TL;DR confirms his approval of Mike007s comment

Thanks for the psychological write, seems very mature to do that in a public forum!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Brandon Orr; 10-17-13 at 05:35 PM.
    ddddafadf likes this.
    10-17-13 04:55 PM
    k you're just looking for your fight of the day...FYI when I said me-too apps I didn't mean it in a derogatory way. Goodness knows if you even bothered checking out my signature, my own app isn't anything special, and some may call it a me-too app as well.
    When I read your "me too" statement I didn't read it as derogatory. I think maybe others are the ones harboring grudges.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    10-17-13 05:22 PM
    When I read your "me too" statement I didn't read it as derogatory. I think maybe others are the ones harboring grudges.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 05:36 PM
    Well my post got deleted but I stand behind it. Mike and this other guy are being just as (if not more) rude and insulting to members of this forum.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    10-17-13 07:27 PM
    Well my post got deleted but I stand behind it. Mike and this other guy are being just as (if not more) rude and insulting to members of this forum.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    You know the rules. We're to put all the negative nannies on our ignore list and carry on as though they aren't here. Never engage them and for goodness sake, never start a positive BlackBerry thread.
    10-17-13 08:33 PM
    Umm, then why was my post deleted? For calling them out?

10-17-13 08:42 PM
    Umm, then why was my post deleted? For calling them out?

Ask a Moderator. Perhaps one of them reported you.
    10-17-13 08:47 PM
    I got an infraction for it. Seriously that's dumb. I reported Mike and apparently his post wasn't enough of an attack to be deleted?

10-17-13 08:52 PM
    I got an infraction for it. Seriously that's dumb. I reported Mike and apparently his post wasn't enough of an attack to be deleted?
    Talk directly to the moderator who issued it via PM.
    10-17-13 08:55 PM

I reported him as well. Way back on the first page to prevent this whole argument that occurred...
    10-17-13 08:58 PM
66 123