I think that many people believe that their device is a statenent abut them as a person. Thus they feel that any negative comment about whichever device they use is a negative statement about them personally.

I am much more interested in a phone that meets my needs, rather than caring about what statement my phone makes about me. It's a Phone for Pete's sake!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 09:45 PM
    I can really only think of 3 other things that seems to get people rialed up so much as phones--
    fuel injected vs carburetor
    Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge
    Mac vs non-mac

However, the vast majority are not like the phone users on Crackberry or TIPB or XDA forums. Most people that own phones look at them like any other electronic device.
    11-19-11 01:43 AM
    I think some of it is because they might have been one of the most loyal and are disappointed (bitter) in the way RIM gave up. I know I have been. Here we are about a year and a half after iPhone 4 is released and all RIM gives us is the 9900 which doesn't have:
    Front Facing Camera
    QNX
    HDMI out
    Great camera (9900 doesn't even have Autofocus?)
    Great GPS and app to use with it (BB Maps is awful)
    VGA out
    BT keyboard hookup
    1080P recording
    Awesome apps to control things like your car (Mbrace for MB) or give PowerPoint presentations (Keynote).

Meanwhile, Apple will bring out iP5 likely next summer (ahead of BBX) and will steal even more BB users away.

I know the above complaints might be solved with QNX, but I believe iP4S was the final shot that could have sunk the SS RIM. RIM reacted too late.
    11-19-11 08:36 AM
    There will always be Fanboys and Haters of platforms. But this site is built for Blackberry Fanboys and users. In fact the founding father is the "Number 1 Blackberry Fanboy". Haters who don't even currently own a Blackberry should not be posting here and those that do just show how pathetic they, and the platforms that they choose to use now truly are. Because if your platform was so great then you wouldn't need to spend so much of your sad, living in your parent's basement life posting how great your non-Blackberry device is on Crackberry.com. There are other sites for your device that were created for that purpose. You should use them.
    Last edited by lnichols; 11-19-11 at 10:13 AM.
    john dunbar likes this.
    11-19-11 10:11 AM
    There will always be Fanboys and Haters of platforms. But this site is built for Blackberry Fanboys and users. In fact the founding father is the "Number 1 Blackberry Fanboy". Haters who don't even currently own a Blackberry should not be posting here and those that do just show how pathetic they, and the platforms that they choose to use now truly are. Because if your platform was so great then you wouldn't need to spend so much of your sad, living in your parent's basement life posting how great your non-Blackberry device is on Crackberry.com. There are other sites for your device that were created for that purpose. You should use them.
    Kevin owns a Mac, by the way. Other mods on the site own Apple products and Android devices as well. Just thought you should know.

You sound very judgemental, honestly. Everyone is allowed on this forum. There isn't anywhere on this site that says you have to OWN a BB to post here. As many of us have already state in other threads, we do enjoy the CB community. I know many people here and I enjoy logical, civil debates with other users.

If you want a site only for BlackBerry "fanboys", then you need to take out all the posts started by BB users and non-BB users alike that talk about the iPhone and Android devices. What sense does it make that BB users can talk about iPhones and Androids, yet the people who actually use those devices can't contribute to the thread or answer questions or yes, even state how much they like their device? If you want a BlackBerry-only forum, then you need to delete every thread started that talks about other platforms.

Perhaps you should start your own forum.
    11-19-11 11:00 AM
    Kevin and Bla1ze have criticized RIM as much as the so-called haters and fanboys. They are just speaking the truth and also their opinion on it. Nothing wrong with that.

Saying RIM is behind the times is a fact. It's neither good or bad depending on what you need out of a smartphone.
    Pete6#WP likes this.
    11-19-11 11:29 AM
    Speaking of fanboys and haters, where are the big ticket fanboys and haters these days?
    You know the ones I'm talking about (on both sides). Things have been really quiet after that Blacklion15 thread.
    Did the mods come down heavy on these guys?
    11-19-11 12:47 PM
    I like all platforms except Symbian and Windows Phone/mobile.

I wish Meego took off.
    11-19-11 12:50 PM
    I am not sure if I am a fanboi or not. I like my BlackBerry a lot and have no plans to change my phone.

I think that I dislike Apple and all it stands far more than I like RIM.
    11-19-11 12:51 PM
    Interesting opinions here. Has anyone ever considered some of the most heated threads come from misinformed if not outright stupid claims about one platform or another? I find it interesting and sometimes educational to debate the merits of different platforms. But ultimately just about every thread turns into stupid claims by both hatters and fanboys. Then you can almost count on the itoy comments coming. What infuriates me is the misinformation all over this place and when you provide facts the mud slinging begins.

Good example look at the thread in the news section about the iPhone passing BB in the enterprise. Instead of people reading the article and becoming informed they start by bashing the author, the numbers, then they start bashing the iPhone. Then people assume what theyt think they know and when facts are pointed out the name calling starts.

This forum USED to be a place when ANYONE could participate without fear of being called names, disrespected and such.

Unfortunately it has become a bash-a-thon.

I have been guilty of participating in the past but I have decided that people who want to call me names and make stupid comments need help.

I hope CB gets back to the way it was but I think that ship has sailed.

And I can almost guarantee someone will something negative about what I said. That's how predictable this place has become. Sad really.

And when a Mod participates what does that tell you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-19-11 at 01:20 PM.
    Pete6#WP, Caymancroc and Chrisy like this.
    11-19-11 01:03 PM
    Kevin owns a Mac, by the way. Other mods on the site own Apple products and Android devices as well. Just thought you should know.

You sound very judgemental, honestly. Everyone is allowed on this forum. There isn't anywhere on this site that says you have to OWN a BB to post here. As many of us have already state in other threads, we do enjoy the CB community. I know many people here and I enjoy logical, civil debates with other users.

If you want a site only for BlackBerry "fanboys", then you need to take out all the posts started by BB users and non-BB users alike that talk about the iPhone and Android devices. What sense does it make that BB users can talk about iPhones and Androids, yet the people who actually use those devices can't contribute to the thread or answer questions or yes, even state how much they like their device? If you want a BlackBerry-only forum, then you need to delete every thread started that talks about other platforms. Oh and I have heavily criticized RIM myself on the Playbook debacle but I also have a vested interest in them improving it.

Perhaps you should start your own forum.
    I own multiple Mac's thank you and tell friends and family when asked about getting a computer to get a Mac. That is totally irrelevant to what I said because RIM doesn't make a PC . I also know that most of the mods have multiple devices but they don't spend their days posting RIM sucks, Blackberry sucks, device X rules. And I don't mind people posting here that don't own Blackberry devices as long as they don't take every opportunity to bash Blackberry devices. There are people on here that do exactly that and those people are truly pathetic and need to get a life, in my humble, judgmental opinion.
    Last edited by lnichols; 11-19-11 at 01:21 PM.
    john dunbar likes this.
    11-19-11 01:19 PM
    Interesting opinions here. Has anyone ever considered some of the most heated threads come from misinformed if not outright stupid claims about one platform or another? I find it interesting and sometimes educational to debate the merits of different platforms. But ultimately just about every thread turns into stupid claims by both hatters and fanboys. Then you can almost count on the itoy comments coming. What infuriates me is the misinformation all over this place and when you provide facts the mud slinging begins.

Good example look at the thread in the news section about the iPhone passing BB in the enterprise. Instead of people reading the article and becoming informed that start by bashing the author the numbers then they start bashing the iPhone. Then people assume what theyt think they know and when facts are pointed out the name calling starts. BB

This forum USED to be a place when ANYONE could participate without fear of being called names, disrespected and such.

Unfortunately it has become a bash-a-thon.

I have been guilty of participating in the past but I have decided that pele who want to call me names and make stupid comments need help.

I hope CB gets back to the way it was but I think that ship has sailed.

I agree with you. The nastiness really started back when the Storm 1 was released. We had a lot of really quite nasty people in here then. The iPhone had just been released and there was a lot of acrimony.

I was a Moderator then and this was one of the reasons I stopped. I am here to help people and to enjoy myself. I did not like being a full time policeman. I go fed up with banning people.

Now CrackBerry has opened up to other smartphone types and that is a very good thing, imo. There will always be defenders of their particular faith. Many here feel that if you do not conform to their ideas then, you must be wrong. Be reasonable, see it my way seems to be their attitude. This has been the main cause for trouble, imo.

I too would love to see CrackBerry go back to the way it was in it early years but then we had less than 500000 members. Now, we have more than 3 Million, the size of a good sized city. There are the Good, the Bad and the Ugly in here.

There is no way back and we just have to deal with it.

My personal opinions here are well known after all the years I have been here (not always as 4Q2). I like BlackBerrys and I don't like Apple. That's my opinion and I know well that many others agree with me and many, many more disagree. This does not make them orr me wrong. We just hold different opinions, that's all.

I would welcome idea sharing and dialog rather than the buffalo like headbutting we currently see.

Let's see if we can weed out the real trolls and make CrackBerry even better.
    11-19-11 01:20 PM
    Do buffaloes **** heads or is that Rams? LOL

Oh the storm 1 those were the days......I am glad they are over....but seriously you're right. I have had BB 77xx, 8330, 8830,9550,9630 and 9650. Just about all the higher end VZW androids and the iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4s. I think I can speak of my experiences but what people see now is I own an iPhone so I am now labeled a troll, I shouldn't be here ( I like that one the most). I have been called a lot of things here and mostly by the noobies.

I learned just recently what a joy it is to put people on ignore. Because we can't fix stupid but we can fix the fact that we don't see their posts.

What is really the rub is when folks that don't even own the device come rolling into the thread and make claims about the device they have never owned. I read the 9930 forums because my work is giving me one. I will not pass judgement on the device until I have had it for a while.

Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-19-11 at 01:30 PM.
    11-19-11 01:25 PM
    The Storm forums is what started the hate on this site. It went from BB users playfully bashing (barely bashing, mostly teasing) each other when a newer, better BB device came out, to Storm users bashing anything and everyone who had and didn't have a Storm.

The Storm forum was also the first device forum to get its own dedicated sub forums.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-11 01:31 PM
    I own multiple Mac's thank you and tell friends and family when asked about getting a computer to get a Mac. That is totally irrelevant to what I said because RIM doesn't make a PC . I also know that most of the mods have multiple devices but they don't spend their days posting RIM sucks, Blackberry sucks, device X rules. And I don't mind people posting here that don't own Blackberry devices as long as they don't take every opportunity to bash Blackberry devices. There are people on here that do exactly that and those people are truly pathetic and need to get a life, in my humble, judgmental opinion.
    To be honest, I haven't seen a single person say "RIM sucks". I obviously don't visit every thread but I haven't seen anyone outright bash RIM. Constructive criticism is different than bashing.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-19-11 02:18 PM
    To add to earlier there is a classic example on why threads go south. All the bb folks bashing the ip4s battery issues. Then lo and behold the front page of CB has a article about 99xx bricking. I will say this the ip4s had a battery issue and apple had the fix out within weeks. The 99xx has been out how long and RIM says an update is coming.

What I am saying is if you sit there and laugh at the battery issue be prepared for relentless bashing from those you laughed at or bashed.

So all that love to bash apple and iPhone be careful you live in a glass house.

Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-19-11 at 05:44 PM.
    11-19-11 05:37 PM
    Who's worse, Storm 1 victims or PlayBookers?
    11-19-11 05:44 PM
    Even but at least us ex storm users admitted it was FUBAR.

Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-11 05:45 PM
    playbookers....they still have faith
    11-19-11 05:49 PM
    Can't bash the Playbook like the Storm1. Playbook is a fine piece if hardware, I'm just tired of broken promises from Rim. Should have had my native mail and Android player months ago. I love my Playbook and will continue to use it, but after 6 years of BB I'm done with Rim for future products.
    11-19-11 09:42 PM
    Having recently looked into WP, WPCentral has nothing even close to the hating that goes on here. It seems non existent actually. While I have not spent much time at TiPB or AndroidCentral, I have looked a few times. TiPB has a little, but nothing like here either. AndroidCentral is mostly hating each other with a little BB and iPhone hating thrown in for good measure. lol This site by far is the most polarized from what I've seen!
    The reason this is is because it seems like blackberry users hold there phone on a holy grail like nothing can ever be better then it. When the reality is bb needs an update which is why bbx is coming out. I stuck with blackberry for a while until i noticed my friends iPhone did a lot more then my blackberry and I switched. Personally I don't care what phone someone uses but blackberry people tend to really want to defend there product.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-11 11:50 PM
    I'll tell you about my story; as I used to be a hard-core RIM hater. I never got involved in the forums because i f'ing hated RIM so bad. My first BB was a Storm 1. It was so god awful due to glitching, seizing up, taking forever to do anything, couldn't even play Youtube videos.. the list went on and on. Then I saw my friends i-phones and they seemingly did it all. Then the android phones came out and they even had flash!! So they could view almost any video on the internet. Then as soon as the Storm 2 came out, I thought; there! They must have fixed all the bugs and i can love my phone again. Nope! I spent another couple hundred bucks and it was for nothing. I think the Storm 2 was even worse than the Storm 1. It sucked in every way.. It couldn't even make phone calls.. I would call people, the phone would shut itself down and I'd lose the call. And I'd have to wait 5 mins for it to restart itself!! It couldn't email w/o glitching, text, call, surf the web or seemingly do anything w/o glitching somehow. I hated that p.o.s. phone.

But my work only sync'd info to BBerry's so i had no choice. I had to stay with RIM...

But a funny thing happened. As of 1/1/12 they are now allowing Android and I-phones too at work. But... RIM just had to go and roll out the new Bold 9930 and guess what happened?? I actually decided against the i-phone and Droid phones and bought the sexy 9930. Now I shut my mouth and stopped hating on RIM and now I am an advocate of the awesomeness of Blackberry.

So there you go... I think a lot, a lot of people (like me) had terrible experiences with pre-OS 7 BB's, switched to Apple or Android and now they are full on BB haters.

That's my opinion anyway... I hope this helps you see where others are coming from.

RIM has a lot of work to do to bring people back. I think they're on the right track... And that BBX had better be everything that we are hoping for to get RIM back in black again. Cuz if it's not the hating will go on in a major way...But I honestly think RIM is taking their time and they are not gonna screw BBX up, I think its gonna kick @$$!! And haters will be silenced!
    Oh gawd the Storm 1 was a mess with typing enthusiasts like me. I didn't even acknowledge that I had it for some time in my signature below. You had every right to hate and hate with a passion. LOL
    11-20-11 02:09 AM
    I had the Storm 1. A knowing victim. I knew about all the horrors and yet some voice told me to go get it. Lived with it for 9 months and two warranty changes. Eventually I had RIM replace it for a brand new 9700 at no charge.
    The playbook is awesome and I love it.
    11-20-11 02:22 AM
    I love my BB. One after the other. I know that it's not the fastest, most powerful, most badass platform. I don't need it to be. Its development cycle is slow, but I can deal with it.
    What turns me off is when people try to impose their views to the point of telling me that I should just get a dumb phone if i am not interested in hoe they use their device. Heard that comment once, from someone here.
    Is it fanboism to try other platforms and invariably prefer BB? If so, then i suppose I am. It took me months of tweaking and trying to get my Atrix to the point that I now love using it as a secondary device. I love my BBerries out of the box. I am carrying three devices in my purse now...my work issued 9650, my 9930, and my Atrix. For work I obviously use the 9650. For daily use and banking I use my 9930. For entertainment I use my Atrix.
    The most recent debate I was involved in was keyboard vs. full touch. I prefer a physical keyboard. The 9930 has the best keyboard i've ever used, so I prefer the 9930 over the Atrix. I also know that there are many more security vulnerabilities for Android so i don't use any banking apps on my Atrix. Is that fanboism? It is, to those individuals who prefer dual core, big bad *** machines, who will gleefully say they don't care about security. In my mind, I am being judicious, in theirs I am a troglodyte using a substandard device sending out the equivalent of virtual smoke signals.
    Having tried iOS, carrying an Android, having used windows devices, having tried Palm, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer BB. It is evolving, albeit at a slow pace. I will stay will BB because i like it best.
    Is that fanboism, to make and informed decision and be happy with the platform and willing to continue to use it in spite of it mot being the most badass platform? Then slap my a$$ and call me Sally, I suppose I'm a fanboi, if necessary. I use what works for me.
    11-20-11 04:53 AM
    It would seem there here in the states there is as much of a following of blackberry haters as there is fanboys. Every product, intellectual property, band, or whatever is going to have its fanboys or groupies or whatever you want to call them. What inspires haters though and why does RIM have an inordinant amount of them in the states?

There are people whom you would think were on payroll to be a RIM hater. I wonder why it persists here in the states so much when the phones are very popular or at the least not despised elsewhere.
    Good question - is it because we are snobby apple people who don't think there could possibly be another product?

An even better question than what inspires BB haters is WHAT INSPIRES THEM TO HANG OUT IN HERE??????

I heard once it was because there are a better quality of people than in the apple/droid forums. Easy to believe.
    11-20-11 04:59 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD