Same thing that inspires you to hang around here. You like the community and enjoy posting your PoV. There isn't really a difference between blind devotion and hating Blackjack.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-20-11 07:21 AM
    playbookers....they still have faith
    Just saw on front page of cb.com --- they slashed playbook prices down to $199.00. Now if that aint begging. I still wouldn't buy one at 50 bucks. To each their own though. I think the playbook people are worse off than the storm folks. At least the storm is a phone. I'll reserve my personal opinion about the playbook.
    11-20-11 07:21 AM
    When was the last time you saw a Storm I? I haven't seen one in almost a year. HaHa
    11-20-11 07:23 AM
    actually i had a coworker that still had his storm 1 until the new iphone came out. he picked up the 3GS for free.
    11-20-11 07:42 AM
    I guess some people are troopers.

Last one I saw was falling from a balcony, with enough hang time to have a small conversation;

Me: That's gonna suck
    Storm Owner: Naw....it was a Storm. Need a new phone anyways

Everyone has their worst and best models I suppose. Never used a Storm, but I will always reserve a seat in he** for any Pearl, of any kind.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    11-20-11 07:51 AM
    The Storm series is the main reason for the hate IMHO. The Storm and Storm 2 were top BlackBerry sellers but were mediocre phones with tons of software and hardware problems. Many people that owned those phones moved to Android touch screen phones and iphones that are vastly superior because they use newer technology so they bash their old 2008 and 2009 Storms.

However RIM has no one to blame but itself. For the past 3 years RIM has released devices that are inferior to its main smart phone competition. Face it, Android powered phones and iphones have better apps, web browsing, and multimedia content capabilities. High end Android phones have qHD and 720p screens. They are capable of 1080p video recording and playback. You hook them up to your TV via HDMI. The iphone 4s is capable of all of these things as well. People want to see more from RIM and are frustrated.

Ask early Playbook buyers how they feel about waiting months and months for native email.

RIM needs to do better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 11:22 AM
    Same thing that inspires you to hang around here. You like the community and enjoy posting your PoV. There isn't really a difference between blind devotion and hating Blackjack.
    What used to inspire me to hang around here was my affection for BlackBerry and talking with like minded people, debating things talk about the improvements to things, the good and the bad,
    Those days are gone, now CrackBerry is a habit, I return over and over again looking for what got me addicted, but being a Blackberry fan puts one as a second rate citizen on this site now, as apparent by the posts above.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-20-11 11:34 AM
    Don't blame the messenger, blame the source. You are hearing all the frustration from BB lovers who have moved on because of Rim's inability to deliver. Having the Playbook (which I love, great hardware) but with all the broken promises and lack of innovation was the last straw for me. Still love the BB, and if Rim ever comes around to doing things with a level of excellence again I will be back on a BB.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-20-11 12:52 PM
    What used to inspire me to hang around here was my affection for BlackBerry and talking with like minded people, debating things talk about the improvements to things, the good and the bad,
    Those days are gone, now CrackBerry is a habit, I return over and over again looking for what got me addicted, but being a Blackberry fan puts one as a second rate citizen on this site now, as apparent by the posts above.
    Forums are pretty much the same though. I have only been here just over a year, so references to any sort of 'golden age' are lost on me. This is one of the most visited BlackBerry forums that I do frequent (in terms of views and traffic) so it's bound to attract it's share of wack-a-doos.

It's no secret that RIM has been doing rather poorly in the NorAm markets so we are bound to see at least some who have made the switch to iOS or Android. Many carry two devices of which only one may be a BB and the other of another platform. I have seen CB's sister forums and they are ghost towns compared to here. Plus, just because someone does change platforms, doesn't negate all the knowledge and info they have to give to new and existing BB users. Some just want to cause a ruckus though. It probably doesn't help with some of the rantings of our resident fanboi/girlz. Most can't get through a thread without referring to iOS devices as itoys or Android devices as malware infested battery killers

Those factors all make BB enthusiasts a minority on the site, made more apparent by the fact that even veteran forum members and mods have made the switch. The only difference I see are having to wade through a lot of useless crap to get to any interesting threads and finding myself using the ignore button sometimes. I sympathize deRusett, as going through the changes would be much more difficult than just arriving and not know how it 'used to be'

I guess we can take a page from the PlayBook mantra and take a Wait and See approach? At least waiting until the new BBX devices drop, then we should be in the slim majority once again!! LoL
    11-20-11 03:17 PM
    Forums are pretty much the same though. I have only been here just over a year, so references to any sort of 'golden age' are lost on me. This is one of the most visited BlackBerry forums that I do frequent (in terms of views and traffic) so it's bound to attract it's share of wack-a-doos.

It's no secret that RIM has been doing rather poorly in the NorAm markets so we are bound to see at least some who have made the switch to iOS or Android. Many carry two devices of which only one may be a BB and the other of another platform. I have seen CB's sister forums and they are ghost towns compared to here. Plus, just because someone does change platforms, doesn't negate all the knowledge and info they have to give to new and existing BB users. Some just want to cause a ruckus though. It probably doesn't help with some of the rantings of our resident fanboi/girlz. Most can't get through a thread without referring to iOS devices as itoys or Android devices as malware infested battery killers

Those factors all make BB enthusiasts a minority on the site, made more apparent by the fact that even veteran forum members and mods have made the switch. The only difference I see are having to wade through a lot of useless crap to get to any interesting threads and finding myself using the ignore button sometimes. I sympathize deRusett, as going through the changes would be much more difficult than just arriving and not know how it 'used to be'

I guess we can take a page from the PlayBook mantra and take a Wait and See approach? At least waiting until the new BBX devices drop, then we should be in the slim majority once again!! LoL
    I keep coming back because of the wait and see approach, some people I very much used to like and respect have changed greatly over the years, others have completely left because their views were not in agreement with the forums views and they felt it was easier to cut their losses,

It is a shame that the sister sites don't get the attention this site gets, seeing as in the top 5 posters on a given day, at least 1 of them is a supporter of another platform, and here mostly to "educate" those of us who have yet to see the light. as has been said, to be a BlackBerry enthusiast makes you a minority member on this forum.
    I had gone 3 years never having ignored a member, yet now many I have on ignore just to make the forum a little less negative, but it still doesn't help much.

I hope BBX comes and brings some Enthusiasm, and I really hope those that have moved to other platforms migrate to their respective forums, though I have more faith in RIM producing excellent BBX devices than I do in the people who seem to hate RIM leaving CrackBerry and wouldn't like a policy that would ban them without cause.
    11-20-11 10:37 PM
    I keep coming back because of the wait and see approach, some people I very much used to like and respect have changed greatly over the years, others have completely left because their views were not in agreement with the forums views and they felt it was easier to cut their losses,

It is a shame that the sister sites don't get the attention this site gets, seeing as in the top 5 posters on a given day, at least 1 of them is a supporter of another platform, and here mostly to "educate" those of us who have yet to see the light. as has been said, to be a BlackBerry enthusiast makes you a minority member on this forum.
    I had gone 3 years never having ignored a member, yet now many I have on ignore just to make the forum a little less negative, but it still doesn't help much.

I hope BBX comes and brings some Enthusiasm, and I really hope those that have moved to other platforms migrate to their respective forums, though I have more faith in RIM producing excellent BBX devices than I do in the people who seem to hate RIM leaving CrackBerry and wouldn't like a policy that would ban them without cause.
    I'm an iPhone convert actually revisiting as I had one before a blackberry. I may never buy another blackberry however I'm dying to see rim do well. In any market and any time competition is better for the consumer so to see rim fail is not good for us. I personally don't care which phone a person uses but after my 3 blackberrys having nothing but problems I have a hard time thinking I'll buy one again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 11:52 PM
    I think that I dislike Apple and all it stands far more than I like RIM.
    Why's that ? What does Apple stand for ?
    11-21-11 02:51 AM
    I'm an iPhone convert actually revisiting as I had one before a blackberry. I may never buy another blackberry however I'm dying to see rim do well. In any market and any time competition is better for the consumer so to see rim fail is not good for us. I personally don't care which phone a person uses but after my 3 blackberrys having nothing but problems I have a hard time thinking I'll buy one again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    +1 on seeing RIM do well! I've never loved a phone like I've loved my blackberry-if RIM came out with something comparable with a clicky keyboard, a blinking LED (iPhone has a strobe light...sigh), bbm, etc etc I would be back in a heartbeat.
    11-21-11 06:44 AM
    I like Blackberry mobile phones... those devices are the best for safe and smart communication.
    11-21-11 07:27 AM

It is pretty annoying that some of the heavy users seem to dismiss BB out of hand. How many of the newbies are turned away because of that? I guess it is like you said. Maybe it's just that those who enjoy everything about BB have sort of faded into the background. Probably explains why I am in 4 groups on BBM for Tech issues. The trend seems to be getting worse, not better. Again, probably due to RIM taking a public beating for the last year or so. I also visit 3 or 4 BlackBerry only forums and Remko (which has it's own problems). My point is the same as yours, it's difficult to draw a line in the sand against troublemakers and trolls/fanz, etc. As it would kill the forum, Just easier to place em on ignore and move on. Like yourself I come here to read up on interesting developments, see some long time friends. I would leave in a minute if those types of heavy-handed tactics were used here. It will either correct itself or there will be a few changes (shrugs). It will not be boring though. Besides, sometimes it is fun grabbing some popcorn and watching the wreak as it happens.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-21-11 11:11 AM
    It is pretty annoying that some of the heavy users seem to dismiss BB out of hand. How many of the newbies are turned away because of that? I guess it is like you said. Maybe it's just that those who enjoy everything about BB have sort of faded into the background. Probably explains why I am in 4 groups on BBM for Tech issues. The trend seems to be getting worse, not better. Again, probably due to RIM taking a public beating for the last year or so. I also visit 3 or 4 BlackBerry only forums and Remko (which has it's own problems). My point is the same as yours, it's difficult to draw a line in the sand against troublemakers and trolls/fanz, etc. As it would kill the forum, Just easier to place em on ignore and move on. Like yourself I come here to read up on interesting developments, see some long time friends. I would leave in a minute if those types of heavy-handed tactics were used here. It will either correct itself or there will be a few changes (shrugs). It will not be boring though. Besides, sometimes it is fun grabbing some popcorn and watching the wreak as it happens.

I ignore most of the wreak threads, a few posters who I don't have on ignore but rarely agree with I look to see how many times they've posted in a thread, if I see more than 4 posts in the first page (50 posts) I ignore the thread unless it is brought to my attention via BBM,

I don't want to speculate how many newbies are turned away when they browse the forums, the PlayBook forum especially, the place is rampant with hate posts and users who feel they are owed something, I still like CrackBerry, in part because I get along with Kevin, and a few users who are on my BBM are active here still, and those that are detractors I put on ignore.

All this said, I still wish that the Android users, and iPhone users would spend more time on their respective mobile nations sites, and leave CrackBerry to those that still like talking about BlackBerry and don't want the world to switch to their platform.
    11-21-11 11:53 AM
    Why's that ? What does Apple stand for ?
    My way or the highway,

I have never been a fan of Apple, or Sony both having this mentality, though I have owned more Apple products than Sony products (that are labeled sony)
    11-21-11 11:58 AM
    It would seem there here in the states there is as much of a following of blackberry haters as there is fanboys. Every product, intellectual property, band, or whatever is going to have its fanboys or groupies or whatever you want to call them. What inspires haters though and why does RIM have an inordinant amount of them in the states?

There are people whom you would think were on payroll to be a RIM hater. I wonder why it persists here in the states so much when the phones are very popular or at the least not despised elsewhere.
    well ... IBM/Apple ... apple/Microsoft ... now RIM is the symbol of what some may consider as the "old world". The target to shoot ... but they usually only shoot 5-10 posts, some of our favorite (and finally well liked) "divas" excepted .
    (P.S : I'm talking about haters, not people complaining about malfunctions)
    11-21-11 12:34 PM
    I ignore most of the wreak threads, a few posters who I don't have on ignore but rarely agree with I look to see how many times they've posted in a thread, if I see more than 4 posts in the first page (50 posts) I ignore the thread unless it is brought to my attention via BBM,

I don't want to speculate how many newbies are turned away when they browse the forums, the PlayBook forum especially, the place is rampant with hate posts and users who feel they are owed something, I still like CrackBerry, in part because I get along with Kevin, and a few users who are on my BBM are active here still, and those that are detractors I put on ignore.

All this said, I still wish that the Android users, and iPhone users would spend more time on their respective mobile nations sites, and leave CrackBerry to those that still like talking about BlackBerry and don't want the world to switch to their platform.

I agree 100% about the PlayBook Forum(s), they have become one of the worst threads to read over (for the most part). 90% of the time I will just stay away unless I see an interesting topic or thread.
    That is also my number one complaint as well. I do believe that those who have made the change to other devices should be on CB's sister forums (Android or iOS). They should at least be active on their home forum. I was checking out the Android forum to get some information and what a joke. Little to no traffic. All their users are posting here!! At least I am not the only one seeing it. For awhile I thought I was growing crazy. Maybe the site is in transition? Whatever it is that we experience I am sure the mods know what is going on. Hopefully things will calm down soon, with Holidays and a new year looming? I'll continue to hope for the best.

11-21-11 01:19 PM
    Blackberry was the first smart phone I used. The sales rep at cellular south told me once I used a blackberry I would never go back to a normal phone again ,and he was right.
    He set up my email account and told me how to use the phone.

4 or so years later I still use a smart phone tho I had to switch because the charger port on the 8830 was wiggly and would not stay conncected.I did look at blackberry phones first because that was the first brand I was exposed to.
    I use an apple phone now its not because I hate rim its because they didnt have anything competitive on the market when i when shopping.

I love my iphone now and I feel like If rim wants me to buy from them they will have to make a direct competitor to fight the iphone on every front.

If rim ever got back in the game I would for sure give them another look.

I hope they can make it work ... competition drives innovation RIM please dont go under.
    11-21-11 04:19 PM
    Personally i think fanboys and haters alike are driven by poor choices (avoiding the word "ignorance" here), but merely opposing camps. Wouldn't be the first time ideological polar opposites were at war with one another...

Fanboys are misguided because, simply, human beings make errors and so anything they make will have some flaw(s). They will be quick to say "we arent blind sheep!" but they will turn and defend a product, idea, etc to the very end no matter what. They suffer from not understanding that, say in the case of RIM, a company cannot be right all the time with every endeavor and decision they make.

Haters are generally driven by some misguided passion, such as a sick thrill from seeing the havoc they wreck in addition to an overdeveloped sense that some injustice has been done and they are getting revenge somehow, or they simply want everybody to know they are upset and mad. (to be distinguished from trolls who have nothing at stake and simply like causing trouble.

To me one is just as bad as the other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 04:24 PM
    I simply have a hard time hating any of the 4 major platforms: WP7, BB, Android, iOS. I think they all have their strong points, and I love the competition. I don't usually waste my energy hating products, companies, concepts, or people for that matter. Hate a criminal or dictator, but why the heck hate a smartphone company or platform? Grow up.

I like to try them all and watch the progress with them all. The press/media in the US polarizes topics, even Presidential Candidates. They demonize items and people and companies. RIM is in my view on the list as one you cannot talk positive about or you won't be in line with what is cool or what the rest of the media is saying. Few people will go against the "norm". Unfortunate.
    Chrisy, moiselles and howarmat like this.
    11-23-11 09:36 AM
    THE PB Forum is reminiscent of the old Storm 1 days. I will say this a lot and I mean a majority of the "hatred" comes from condescending comments. e.g. iToy, et al and I could go on about all platforms. Debate with me all day long on the merits of the platform but when you start the name calling that is instantly a fire starter. I can discuss/debate with anyone at an intelligent level but when you start calling my devices iToys or whatever you decide the insult of the day is your credibility meter goes to ZERO.

Oh and another thing don't be a "google" warrior and grab links to defend your position. Explain your position with intelligent remarks and facts. THEN back it up with relevant articles.
    11-23-11 10:49 AM
    THE PB Forum is reminiscent of the old Storm 1 days. I will say this a lot and I mean a majority of the "hatred" comes from condescending comments. e.g. iToy, et al and I could go on about all platforms. Debate with me all day long on the merits of the platform but when you start the name calling that is instantly a fire starter. I can discuss/debate with anyone at an intelligent level but when you start calling my devices iToys or whatever you decide the insult of the day is your credibility meter goes to ZERO.

Oh and another thing don't be a "google" warrior and grab links to defend your position. Explain your position with intelligent remarks and facts. THEN back it up with relevant articles.
    You realize you are hanging out on a BlackBerry fan site right?

If you were to say go to a Edmonton Oilers fan site, and talk about the Calgary flames, you must expect hostility, that is the nature of it.

If you correct every time an Oilers fan refers to the Flames as flamers, again, you are in for a lot of unwelcome unwanted correcting.

Now I am not one to consider the iPhone/iPad purely as toys, I don't look down on someone on a BlackBerry site calling them itoys or CrApple products, IF I was on an Apple site, I would look down on anyone who called them iToys or CrApples, even on a neutralish site such as Engadget calling them iToys or crApples is uncalled for, but on a BlackBerry fan site, that goes with the territory, just like calling the Flames, Flamers!,

When I go to a Nissan site I never call my Nissan Altima the Nissan Craptima, but that is exactly how I refer to it on Ford Forums, and Conference calls, and gas stations, and everywhere else in the world.
    11-23-11 07:41 PM
    Dang is this a BB site?????? My bad.....
    11-23-11 07:50 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD