I shall leave that up to the Faithful who believe every word that comes out of Waterloo.
    I personally don't care. Doesn't matter to me. Does for you though.
    07-06-13 11:14 PM
    You stick around to these forums so what you just said makes no sense. But whatever...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-06-13 11:19 PM
    Again, whether you understand it or not is immaterial.
    I am here. I have been here since 2007. I have had BlackBerrys since 1999 and have two currently.
    I am here because I keep hoping for BB10 to improve and work for me.

But you don't understand that.
    07-06-13 11:21 PM
    I agree totally. I am in the USA and I own a PlayBook and Z10. I love them both.
    07-06-13 11:35 PM
    Maybe that's the problem. Maybe they should get some, fix their issues and get some traction. Seems to work for other companies.
    Eh.....maybe spend a little- extra. BTW, bragging of no debt doesn't help......when you're not selling the projected number of devices and definitely not the millions upon millions. Also, it doesn't help when carriers are not behind the "new and improved" BlackBerry. The BlackBerry is dead started "before" the name change......with RIM is dead. Are they dead yet? No. Am I concerned as a multiple BlackBerry owner? Not anymore. They have 3.2 in the bank.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-07-13 at 12:35 AM.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-06-13 11:49 PM
    Being from the USA I can only reply on what I have seen here so far and I can't speak for the rest of the world. Here is the USA the Blackberry brand is dead, nobody supports the brand anymore. I recently switched back over to the iPhone 5 because my last two business clients and personnel friends who used Blackberry have also moved over to IOS and/or Android.

I used to have 120 BBM contacts and 5 groups and now I am down to 1 group, which I can reconnect to when BBM for IOS is released (If it's ever released). Once that happens, I will no longer have the need for a Blackberry device anymore. I am the typical former Blackberry user in the USA and as much as I love the brand, nobody uses them here anymore except for the older corporate supplied devices which are quickly being replaced by either iPhones and/or Android devices.

I tried an experiment last Sunday, I wanted to see how many new BB z10's and Q10's I could see folks using when I was out servicing my clients and running around doing errands. Since last Sunday here in the Detroit metro area, you know how many newer Blackberry devices I have seen in the wild? The answer in NONE, not one folks??????

I have seen a few folks using the older BB legacy device like the bold, but not one person using a newer BB z10 and/or Q10. This is not a good sign if I am Blackberry fan. I have also asked some of the sales people in the stores if the z10 and Q10 are being ask for by customers. Their response is the same, only by folks from overseas who are familiar with the Blackberry brand.

They tell me when most folks who might be interested in buying a z10 or Q10 see that the apps they use for their everyday task are not available in the BB OS10 App World, they quickly look at either and iPhone and/or Android device. How can a company survive when nobody no longer wants to buy and/or support your product anymore?????

It's all about the APPS
    07-07-13 04:53 AM
    Love the why are you here argument.

Let's see....last year I was done with Blackberry. I hated my 9930/9900 so I my SGIII became my daily driver.

Therefore it is the considered opinion of this why are you here crowd that I didn't belong here and I should forget about the site.

How would I have known about the Z10 and how would I have bought it? Because really, there's no advert campaign.

Really people......if a dissenting opinion frazzled you that much the Internet is not foe you.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    h20work, kbz1960, bp3dots and 3 others like this.
    07-07-13 05:15 AM
    I live close to central london in the UK. I have still not seen one BB10 device out in the wild

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    I live in Toronto and always see them in the wild. This past week and weekend I saw at least 15 z10's. I see them all the time here. The z10 in Toronto is pretty popular so they are roaming the wild all the time.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    07-07-13 05:50 AM
    The market isn't going to pause while they try to catch lightning in a bottle. They need to at least stop losing customers. The cash will hold for a while, but the consumer interest is shrinking, and investors aren't going to like sitting on a dwindling supply of cash as a business model, while they watch their shares lose more and more value.

Reality is, the mobile market isn't a defensive game, its an offensive one.
    Good point but not entirely my point of view. A company (not reacting best to consumer needs or wants) such as the BlackBerry reputation incurred or accumulated over years, requires some defensive strategy first (more new products, with some great new products) before going all out on the offensive. IMHO
    07-07-13 06:52 AM
    i don't see where they said revolt, but lets be realistic stockholders aren't gonna be that happy are they?

sad to say, but that's what most of us hoped would happen for the launch of the Z10 and Q10. didn't happen though.
    Agree, would have been fantastic had the Z and the Q taken more glory. But seeing that they haven't. Looks like the instant financial coming from behind miracle cure gratification sentiment will have to take a little more patience. I remain a believer. Business is business. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Just saying.
    07-07-13 07:07 AM
    I think BBRY should just drop bb10 and make OS7.5 and some really smart business devices with super long batteries.

They tried to play it cool with the iOS crowd and it backfired. They need to go back to their roots.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Going back to relying on BBOS is just wrong on so many levels. It's an OS technology with fundamental design problems that can't just be patched up to solve them. It needed to be migrated away from. The problem is that it's taken BlackBerry too long to commit to migrating away from it. BBOS 5 or at a push 6 should have been the last BBOS in an ideal world. Unfortunately at that time BlackBerry had a board of directors with their heads burried in the sand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 07-07-13 at 01:12 PM.
    h20work likes this.
    07-07-13 08:17 AM
    It's all about the APPS
    No it's not. People aren't aware of the phone let alone have any clue if its missing apps.
    h20work and TheScionicMan like this.
    07-07-13 08:46 AM
    Going back to relying on BBOS is just wrong on so many levels. It's an OS technology with fundamental design problems that's can't just be patched up to solve them. It needed to be migrated away from. The problem is that it's taken BlackBerry too long to commit to migrating away from it. BBOS 5 or at a push 6 should have been the last BBOS in an ideal world. Unfortunately at that time BlackBerry had a board if directors with their heads burried in the sand.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, and I guarantee BB prices it ridiculously expensive.
    h20work likes this.
    07-07-13 08:48 AM
    I live in Singapore and I have only seen 2 Z10 and 1 Q10 in the wild, not including mine. Most people here use iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. People here generally think of BlackBerry as an also-ran. I still see a couple of legacy devices around though.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:02 AM
    No it's not. People aren't aware of the phone let alone have any clue if its missing apps.
    Agreed but once most get it and find out their favorite apps aren't there they are going to take it back and most will not want to mess with sideloading. Some may find they don't miss their apps but that would a minority.
    07-07-13 09:27 AM
    Going back to relying on BBOS is just wrong on so many levels. It's an OS technology with fundamental design problems that's can't just be patched up to solve them. It needed to be migrated away from. The problem is that it's taken BlackBerry too long to commit to migrating away from it. BBOS 5 or at a push 6 should have been the last BBOS in an ideal world. Unfortunately at that time BlackBerry had a board if directors with their heads burried in the sand.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agreed, and the Q10 is just an awesome device for both enterprise users and consumers.

It was essentially a "going back to their roots" device... I don't get why people are speaking out of their asses like that...

Granted, a few traditionally needed features were missing in BB10, and people still want BBOS 7 phones, which is why BlackBerry is releasing one this year...Either way, I don't see why the need to forgo their work on BB10?

Total Bollocks...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:18 AM
    I've heard that BlackBerry was doomed and would shut down by the end of the year since maybe 2009/2010....

By my calendar, it is 2013 and the company has yet to go under.

I blame it on the age of overhyped, over opinionated people.....chill

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    Last edited by Pilot Prop; 07-08-13 at 02:25 AM.
    boys_inter likes this.
    07-07-13 12:35 PM
    I am here. I have been here since 2007.
    Yep. Not much that most of us haven't read before on here since '07. Some threads are like bad sitcoms.....especially when others start the he/she is a troll crap while waving the BlackBerry banner and claiming to be a major BlackBerry supporter after only a few weeks.
    h20work and TgeekB like this.
    07-07-13 04:01 PM
    Yep. Not much that most of us haven't read before on here since '07. Some threads are like bad sitcoms.....especially when others start the he/she is a troll crap while waving the BlackBerry banner and claiming to be a major BlackBerry supporter after only a few weeks.
    I just had flashbacks to the Storm days.

Lord, that place had it's own rants and raves section.
    07-07-13 06:54 PM

I'm on .65 and am having none of these issues.

We even had our own off topic section
    07-07-13 07:24 PM
    I am here. I have been here since 2007. I have had BlackBerrys since 1999 and have two currently.
    I am here because I keep hoping for BB10 to improve and work for me.

But you don't understand that.
    There is no answer to this from people who are rather new to BlackBerry but are going to tell those of us who have been around for a while what we should think, say, and do.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-07-13 08:08 PM

Yep. I remember that thread. LOL. Every other post was a "firestarter". My neighbor had a Storm that I updated for her. I would have bought it, but, she wanted too much for it...300.00.
    07-07-13 11:34 PM
    BlackBerry was going bankrupt when:

The had 40 million customers
    Then 50 million customers
    Then 60, 70, 80, now 72.

The final nail in the coffin was in 2009, then 2010, then 2011,2012, and 2013.

They were going bankrupt when:
    They had 700 million in cash and no debt, then $1.5B, then $2B, then $3.1B.

And still no debt.

There's 0.0000% chance the company will go bankrupt in the next 5 years and people still don't understand this.

They would have to borrow $18b in debt and blow it to even consider bankruptcy.

Remember GM before bankruptcy? The book value was -70$ per share and it was still allowed to run.

BlackBerry will be around next decade!

Posted via CB10
    + 10,000

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-07-13 11:43 PM
    If BlackBerry has $3.1B or is worth 3.1B and no debt why did they go back on their WORD about the update to BB10 OS for the PlayBook?

"Official" reason= PB doesn't have enough ram ( I bet they discovered that 9 months ago)

Why didn't RIM/Blackberry delay informing the world that PlayBooks would not be getting the BB10-OS update until many, many months later?

Why no mention during the CEO's announcement in which they dropped the bombshell during a earnings call they were killing the BB10 OS update was there not a "PLAN B" for the PlayBook?

(Plan B: BB10 OS "lite", or some (Meaningful) updates to the current OS / apps customers have been wanting since day one the PlayBook was released.)

Simple:
    A: They did not want anything "negative" to come out about BB10 OS leading up to, during or anytime near it would take for the new devices to "gain their legs" (Start selling in numbers /gain market share)
    B: They and retailers that had literally TONS of PLAYBOOKs sitting in warehouses around the world they were wanting to UNLOAD.
    (As a example one of the PlayBooks I bought based upon assurances from the CEO of BlackBerry stating it would get the BB10 OS update had a manufacturing date of18-months prior!, the average was 15months!

So what do you do when you are releasing a new OS, a new series of devices and you and your retailers have literally TONS of PlayBooks that aren't selling?
    You state xyz product will getting a upgrade to make the device (finally) current.
    Fire-sale the item and or price the item say $50_/+ under competitors devices.
    (This will result in hordes of current PlayBook owners that find out about the update being your "BEST SALESMEN". I must have sold 100 people on buying a PlayBook.)

Wait for the inventory to sell out to manageable loss levels. (Yes I know BB wrote them off, thing is money is money... and retailers that have been stuck with dead inventory are going to be "happy" to see it (finally) selling.

Once stock has been sold down, and the BB10 OS powered devices have been out long enough for owners of those new devices reporting problems with the BB10 OS and the "new" devices very quietly announce those "old" PlayBook aren't going to be getting a update.

Now I know what you BB10 owners are going to say:

1:You have no proof they knew BB10 OS wouldn't run on the PlayBook and they keep that to themselves for many months -waiting till the dead inventory was reduced to manageable levels, using the excuse they have been working on the BB10 OS update for the PlayBook "real" hard, and only recently came to the conclusion it couldn't be done. Do you guys have any proof this is not the case? Additionally, do you have any proof of the man-hours put in the project? How many people had been assigned? How many teams? What was their expertise level?

2: "Good"- Now they can fix the problems on "my phone" but leading people on for several months... 9 months?... and many months, upon months prior to that on basic updates to the OS and the core apps which they never did really fix... then saying they are basically killing the device is outright shameful.

Especially if they're sitting on 3.1 Billion dollars. Says alot about a company to go back on statements that generated interest in a product that previously wasn't selling, the warehouses get cleared out of dead inventory, and then they say the upgrade is being cancelled.

PS: Wonder if the CEO who said the BB10 OS was coming to the PlayBook in any way profited from all that dead inventory they moved? Eh?
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-24-13 at 12:28 AM.
    TgeekB and Blacklatino like this.
    07-08-13 02:21 AM
    NO WAY Impossible. Their stock is up......

Well from last September it is.......
    07-08-13 11:59 AM
194 ... 5678