There is a bunch of buzz ever since BlackBerry's Q1 results were announced claiming that 'BlackBerry is Doomed' or 'This is the End of BlackBerry'. For me this makes very little sense.
    A lot of people tend to forget that iPhone only passed BlackBerry in 2010. Ever since then, BlackBerry has been seen as uncool and way worse than IPhone. So naturally, the company found itself in a steady decline. Despite this, they have stayed alive for three years. They managed to scrape on with their outdated OS and underdeveloped hardware, and actually wasn't doing all that bad.
    Many people didn't like BlackBerry but no one ever said that they were on the verge of failure.
    In 2012, BlackBerry announced BB10. Many people believed that in their current condition, the OS would never make it onto the market. But it did. And now, the Q1 results are out. BlackBerry did not achieve the outstanding start that they were hoping for. But still, it was their best results in a while, with a definite increase in revenue and much smaller losses than was previously seen.
    And all of a sudden, all these people are saying this is the end while they are seeing good news in BlackBerry terms. Why did they not say this in BlackBerry's darker days? How does a new OS, better devices and improved results spell failure?
    To me, it boggles my mind.

Posted via CB10
    taylorblackberry likes this.
    07-05-13 05:45 AM
    "Many people didn't like BlackBerry but no one ever said that they were on the verge of failure."

Lol, what? Where have you been hiding?
    07-05-13 05:53 AM
    Come on, you have to admit that they never made as big of a deal of it than they are now. And even if they did, they survived, didn't they? Sorry if I phrased that incorrectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:58 AM
    well its not exactly what a successful company does so failing is the correct word here.

you cant compare what other companies have done in the past with different types of product as it will not repeat itself in the opposite form for the company now down on its luck simply because "oh that happened to iphone and everyone thought they would fail but they didnt so bb wont either" etc etc limping along with sales of bb10 being outsold by their legacy devices, stock dropping 30% after the playbook announcement, playbook being lied about by the ceo himself and then revealed after the quarterly results, bring out a new os7 device, selling 2.7mil when folks estimated 6.5mil bb10 phones, unclear/evasive about q10 delayed launch in specific countries, leaving important faults unfixed for a lot of people such as random reboots for 7 months (10.1 didnt fix reboots for some) and bringing out a half baked os are whats got people complaining that blackberry is failing not just the shipping numbers of this quarter
    07-05-13 06:02 AM
    There is a bunch of buzz ever since BlackBerry's Q1 results were announced claiming that 'BlackBerry is Doomed' or 'This is the End of BlackBerry'. For me this makes very little sense.
    A lot of people tend to forget that iPhone only passed BlackBerry in 2010. Ever since then, BlackBerry has been seen as uncool and way worse than IPhone. So naturally, the company found itself in a steady decline. ...snip
    Passed them in what, market share or mobile profits?
    Why is there always a fixation on CB with Apple? What about Android?
    07-05-13 06:07 AM
    Market share and phone shipments. Sorry if I didn't include Android, the aim of the thread was to say that BlackBerry has been through rougher days, not to compare BlackBerry to as many other companies as possible. But just to make you happy, Android passed BlackBerry in terms of OS usage (because Android is an OS and does not produce phones like Apple) in 2011

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:16 AM
    A lot of people tend to forget that iPhone only passed BlackBerry in 2010. Ever since then, BlackBerry has been seen as uncool and way worse than IPhone. So naturally, the company found itself in a steady decline. Despite this, they have stayed alive for three years. They managed to scrape on with their outdated OS and underdeveloped hardware, and actually wasn't doing all that bad.
    Many people didn't like BlackBerry but no one ever said that they were on the verge of failure.
    In 2012, BlackBerry announced BB10. Many people believed that in their current condition, the OS would never make it onto the market. But it did. And now, the Q1 results are out. BlackBerry did not achieve the outstanding start that they were hoping for. But still, it was their best results in a while, with a definite increase in revenue and much smaller losses than was previously seen.
    And all of a sudden, all these people are saying this is the end while they are seeing good news in BlackBerry terms. Why did they not say this in BlackBerry's darker days? How does a new OS, better devices and improved results spell failure?

Posted via CB10

Being from the USA I can only reply on what I have seen here so far and I can't speak for the rest of the world. Here is the USA the Blackberry brand is dead, nobody supports the brand anymore. I recently switched back over to the iPhone 5 because my last two business clients and personnel friends who used Blackberry have also moved over to IOS and/or Android.

I used to have 120 BBM contacts and 5 groups and now I am down to 1 group, which I can reconnect to when BBM for IOS is released (If it's ever released). Once that happens, I will no longer have the need for a Blackberry device anymore. I am the typical former Blackberry user in the USA and as much as I love the brand, nobody uses them here anymore except for the older corporate supplied devices which are quickly being replaced by either iPhones and/or Android devices.

I tried an experiment last Sunday, I wanted to see how many new BB z10's and Q10's I could see folks using when I was out servicing my clients and running around doing errands. Since last Sunday here in the Detroit metro area, you know how many newer Blackberry devices I have seen in the wild? The answer in NONE, not one folks??????

I have seen a few folks using the older BB legacy device like the bold, but not one person using a newer BB z10 and/or Q10. This is not a good sign if I am Blackberry fan. I have also asked some of the sales people in the stores if the z10 and Q10 are being ask for by customers. Their response is the same, only by folks from overseas who are familiar with the Blackberry brand.

They tell me when most folks who might be interested in buying a z10 or Q10 see that the apps they use for their everyday task are not available in the BB OS10 App World, they quickly look at either and iPhone and/or Android device. How can a company survive when nobody no longer wants to buy and/or support your product anymore?????
    07-05-13 06:26 AM
    Being from the USA I can only reply on what I have seen here so far and I can't speak for the rest of the world. Here is the USA the Blackberry brand is dead, nobody supports the brand anymore. I recently switched back over to the iPhone 5 because my last two business clients and personnel friends who used Blackberry have also moved over to IOS and/or Android.

I used to have 120 BBM contacts and 5 groups and now I am down to 1 group, which I can reconnect to when BBM for IOS is released (If it's ever released). Once that happens, I will no longer have the need for a Blackberry device anymore. I am the typical former Blackberry user in the USA and as much as I love the brand, nobody uses them here anymore except for the older corporate supplied devices which are quickly being replaced by either iPhones and/or Android devices.

I tried an experiment last Sunday, I wanted to see how many new BB z10's and Q10's I could see folks using when I was out servicing my clients and running around doing errands. Since last Sunday here in the Detroit metro area, you know how many newer Blackberry devices I have seen in the wild? The answer in NONE, not one folks??????

I have seen a few folks using the older BB legacy device like the bold, but not one person using a newer BB z10 and/or Q10. This is not a good sign if I am Blackberry fan. I have also asked some of the sales people in the stores if the z10 and Q10 are being ask for by customers. Their response is the same, only by folks from overseas who are familiar with the Blackberry brand.

They tell me when most folks who might be interested in buying a z10 or Q10 see that the apps they use for their everyday task are not available in the BB OS10 App World, they quickly look at either and iPhone and/or Android device. How can a company survive when nobody no longer wants to buy and/or support your product anymore?????
    I live close to central london in the UK. I have still not seen one BB10 device out in the wild

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    richardat likes this.
    07-05-13 06:31 AM
    I live close to central london in the UK. I have still not seen one BB10 device out in the wild

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    I live in Yorkshire, I've seen two Z10's BUT that was an advert on a bus stop, since launch I have not seen any BB10 device either other than my own
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    07-05-13 07:04 AM
    There's an article in this morning's NY Times about what Snowden would find in Ecuador were he to be granted asylum there. It discusses how the country is a few years behind the times in terms of tech, and quotes one American expat as "issuing the ultimate techie put down: 'They still think BlackBerrys are cool.'"

Nothing BBRY has done or can do is going to overcome that perception.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-05-13 07:07 AM
    "issuing the ultimate techie put down: 'They still think BlackBerrys are cool.'"
    - funny
    07-05-13 07:25 AM
    There's an article in this morning's NY Times about what Snowden would find in Ecuador were he to be granted asylum there. It discusses how the country is a few years behind the times in terms of tech, and quotes one American expat as "issuing the ultimate techie put down: 'They still think BlackBerrys are cool.'"

Nothing BBRY has done or can do is going to overcome that perception.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Remember when Apple was practically going bankrupt? Yea... companies can overcome.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-05-13 07:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    People have been saying BlackBerry is Doomed and failing for what, 3 years now? That's not really all of a sudden.

And, while BlackBerry may have had a few pieces of good news, it is out weighed by the bad news, delays, the recent Playbook announcement, Z10's issues, a lackluster launch of BB10, lackluster advertising in the U.S. at least(it still amazes me how many people don't even know about BB10 and the Z10, even those who are still using a BlackBerry), and people that are leaving for other phones and OSs.

Let's not pretend that we don't know why some people think that BlackBerry may fail. Unless some of us are seriously in denial.
    Blacklatino and kbz1960 like this.
    07-05-13 07:54 AM

Come to DC. There are four of us on the Red Line on the DC Metro.

Of course, this in a sea of white iPhones.
    mujahid 10 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-05-13 07:54 AM
    Remember when Apple was practically going bankrupt? Yea... companies can overcome.

Are you saying there is now or there has ever been, within the BlackBerry camp, someone with the vision and brass you-know-whats of Steve Jobs?
    07-05-13 07:55 AM

Still only one country and not the world. Not dead everywhere. The USA is not the consumers choice for the best or people would not be paying thousands to millions for foreign cars. Crazy comparison but my z10 to me is like my lamborghini and my work issued 4s is a GM level. But hey, my opinion on a blackberry themed board. Minority can last as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:56 AM

Remember when Microsoft bailed them out?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:57 AM

They over came by developing innovative products in new market sectors, Ipod / itunes, Consumer Smartphones, tablets. They did not invent these but refined the user experience and marketed well.

Blackberry is trying to play catch up with "me to" products in a rapidly maturing market, further they have abandoned many of the features that their core users valued. History says they are unlikely to succeed with this strategy.
    dc9super80 likes this.
    07-05-13 08:11 AM
    Well, I'll switch back to my zio in few days to see is there an android nation app on BlackBerry world. Just found out there is a CB forum app on Google play, lol. I say BlackBerry is failing if it doesn't have android nation or I more app on bb world, lol.

Consider this as me trolling here for a while

Sent from my Smartfren Tab 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-05-13 08:17 AM
    Are you saying there is now or there has ever been, within the BlackBerry camp, someone with the vision and brass you-know-whats of Steve Jobs?
    yeah...Thorsten Heins...haha, just kidding, I couple resist

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:35 AM
    yeah...Thorsten Heins...haha, just kidding, I couple resist

Posted via CB10
    COULDN'T resist...stupid auto text

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:36 AM
    refined the user experience and marketed well.
    yes, remember the bright colored silhouette characters with white earbuds dancing around to a hipster songs like "jerk it out?" THAT is what Americans want...fun, whimsical, care free....not a list of features, or people walking
    for years, everyone knew that if a person was wearing white earbuds, they had an iPod...you listening Frank Boulben? *facepalm* of course you aren't...that's why I'm the only person in new mexico with a BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    07-05-13 08:45 AM
    Correct. So all Blackberry needs to do is release a game-changing device like Apple first did with the iPod (which got them on their feet and made them very profitable) and the iPhone (which made them huge).

So where's this game-changing device that Blackberry's releasing that'll save them?
    07-05-13 08:45 AM
    You couldn't have been looking in the right places. I travel in from Ealing Broadway (UK) each day and on the trains and tube also in the streets i.e. Oxford Street/Regent Street etc. there are many people using the Z10/Q10. My banking business is a corporate user of BB.
    OK?
    07-05-13 08:57 AM

Thats because they had a person with a vison for the future named Steve Jobs!!!!! Sorry but those type of visionaries only come along once in a generation and I don't think Blackberry has one at the moment?
    07-05-13 09:01 AM
194 123 ...