So their 2nd quarter number came out last week and their subscriber number were downs their stock share fell etc etc, skyfire bails on RIM for android, all their devices look the same no major changes. when ever i watch cnbc and their is talk about the smartphone wars all u hear is android and apple hardly rim anymore. so does this mean blackberry will soon loose their top spot???? i sure do think so its just a matter of time. am happy with my nexus one. whats your opinion on RIM future?????
    04-08-10 12:06 AM
    I am really not able to use a set for even one day without encountering some problem or the other.all over my business is being effected and clients are upset when we are in communication.there were hardware problems in the set and were processing a report for replacement of the set. I was asked to wait for a week.
    04-08-10 12:47 AM
    I think that BB will lose their top spot as there have been so many disappointments from the RIM camp. There is no earthly reason why BB is as far behind as they are in the development of a webkit based browser. I love my crackberry but I have been eyeing the new 4G HTC EVO from sprint...if BB does not tighten up and get with the program my next phone WILL be an Android based phone. RIM is slowly fading into smartphone **** just like PALM!!
    04-08-10 12:59 AM
    So long as rims messaging stays like it is with the security/speed/ease of use with email and text rim will hold the number one spot. Big companies won't ditch rim because there ui isn't as pretty or they don't have 100000 apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 02:11 AM
    RIM is not going anywhere... or anytime soon. They've survived through the hard economic times and their shares continues to grow consistently. The company is going through an exponential growth and it's great to see they are managing that growth exceptionally well.
    04-08-10 03:01 AM
    I'm not really concerned if RIM is the best smartphone manufacturer or not. If they continue to make products like they have been, then they will always
    be solid to me. And that's the only thing that matters; whether or not I like them. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 05:38 AM
    Can you cite any statistics on this?

Last I read (over the last couple days), RIM increased revenue (albeit not as much as had been predicted, but increased nonetheless). Where do you see their stock trends going down? As well, where do you see subscriber numbers going down?

Sure Skyfire halted BB development, however the last I looked, Skyfire despite their intentions aren't doing as well as hyped and has been lacking when comparing their goals vs actual accomplishments. Their browser, on any platform is working 'okay' at best. Sure they're now focusing on Android, however that's after substandard performance on any previous platforms, so they're lookin to see if the android platform will do any better. Name one smartphone platform where Skyfire is actively a dominant browser. It's been in perpetual alpha testing stage.

And sure, you hear more about Android and Apple in the media, but that's due to both of them actively marketing in the media. RIM/Blackberry has never been known for it's marketing zeal.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-08-10 at 06:17 AM.
    04-08-10 06:13 AM
    you really need to have some definitive sources on this as the official sources say otherwise seeing how blackberries are outselling everyone and by a large margin

RIM have shown an increase in sales of 1.3% whereas apple have actually seen a downturn in sales by 0.1% so your information is innacurate.

BlackBerry sees iPhone shrink in rear view mirror �€� The Register
    Last edited by dannylill1981; 04-08-10 at 06:45 AM.
    04-08-10 06:36 AM
    you know... stats can be used to support any truth, or even something far from the truth.

Heck even the Bible has been used to support many horrible horrible things.

Point is, RIM/Apple/Android are all great at certain things, ok at certain things, and need some good developer's help in other things. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT, but RIM caters to solid hardware and security. That is their focus - not the consumer market!. Consumer money (those who do not need, but instead like to have a Blackberry) is just icing. I'm sure we would all be surprised to see straight up PROFIT that RIM's top 5 business clients bring in...

Doesn't matter to me though, They're solid reliable, and most of all still use buttons. I'll hold on to physical buttons as long as I can before converting to touchscreen thanks... (let the flaming begin)
    04-08-10 07:05 AM
    I don't care what anybody else likes. If I needed "peer approval" or yuppy cred or if I had more cash than brain cells I would buy an iPhone. If I was a market analyst I would buy an Android-based phone.

As it is, I'm a guy who likes stuff that does what it's supposed to. I don't care about the popularity contests, in fact what's popular is almost never the best. I actually have somewhat of a life, so I don't need my phone to babysit me I just use it to take care of business and then I put it away.

I love my BlackBerry just like it is
    Last edited by F0nage; 04-08-10 at 08:06 AM.
    04-08-10 08:04 AM
    there are a lot of things that blackberrys are lacking in, whether it be the lack of apps (and price of apps) or the style of the phone. i agree, they arent doing much these days to help themselves. they better get on the right track
    04-08-10 08:09 AM
    you really need to have some definitive sources on this as the official sources say otherwise seeing how blackberries are outselling everyone and by a large margin

RIM have shown an increase in sales of 1.3% whereas apple have actually seen a downturn in sales by 0.1% so your information is innacurate.

BlackBerry sees iPhone shrink in rear view mirror • The Register
    thats do in part to the crappy 8520 that rim is pushing for "FREE" or $50 with carriers. If that's RIMs plan to stay on top then all future RIM stuff will remain the same and just being even more dated. Apple has 1-2 phone models at any given time on the market and is closer to crushing RIM than any other competitor. It doesn't take Apple 2-3 yrs to push out a revamped OS like RIM does.
    04-08-10 08:51 AM
    RIM is the Dell of smartphones...corporate users, high volume sales, low margins. The iPhone is just like the Mac - lower volume, higher profit. The verdict is still out on where Android stands in the game.

My point is that they will all continue to co-exist.
    04-08-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD