I just downloaded Blackberry Express and it is just as awesome as the video made it seem! As I viewed the tutorial presentations that come preloaded, I couldn't help but think of this idea:

Blackberry Express should be preloaded onto the OS as a default native app. And a presentation created with it should be viewable from within other apps. For instance...
    As a developer, I could use Blackberry Express to create a tutorial for my application that would display upon launching for the first time. As long as Blackberry Express is made to be invokable, I could bundle a presentation file with my app and present it within my app.
    I receive so many emails asking for help using my application. It isn't that my app is difficult to use, but that people aren't entirely familiar with BB10 UI gestures such as the context menu via press and hold, or swiping down from the top bezel to access menu options. A tutorial made via Blackberry Express would be the perfect way of showing users how to navigate my app and access features that they otherwise would not know about.

This is just one idea, but I'm sure that Blackberry Express could be deeply integrated into the device in other ways as well.

I am Domisy Dev - creator of Reddit in Motion, SoundNine and others.
    11-12-13 09:06 PM
    Good point! And I love reddit!
    flaminSaganaki likes this.
    11-12-13 09:29 PM
    Great Dev. Implementation idea.
    It is a Beta, and really cool and useful, i can't see it not being native soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:57 PM
    Thread hijack, is it possible to allow copy/paste in Reddit in Motion? Would help with the search function
    11-12-13 10:03 PM
    Thread hijack, is it possible to allow copy/paste in Reddit in Motion? Would help with the search function
    I'm not sure what you mean? Yes you can paste text into the app, as you can with any app. Any text that can be selected within the app can also be copied for pasting in other apps. Does this answer your question?
    11-12-13 10:05 PM
    Couldn't agree more, a great scenario I'd love to see as well. Will have to go check out this Express.
    Thanks
    11-12-13 10:11 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean? Yes you can paste text into the app, as you can with any app. Any text that can be selected within the app can also be copied for pasting in other apps. Does this answer your question?
    I'm not able to copy text or usernames , like in the comments .

Great app, and gets better with each update
    11-12-13 10:23 PM
    I think blackberry marketing needs to improve, great apps to take over the place (express, memory, story maker and channels to name a few) yet lots dont know about them
    11-12-13 10:54 PM
    I completely agree. They should get rid of docs to go and have TAT keep working on BlackBerry express but also on a spreadsheet and word processing app. And maybe even desktop versions to go along with them.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:22 AM
    as a developer, I would love for this integration. Had to make a whole slew of changes and dedicated code just for the tutorial I have in my app.
    11-13-13 12:24 AM
    Pointless as I have a Z10 with no miracast. Defeats the purpose of being able to use the device as a remote

Posted via Vader10
    11-14-13 06:16 AM
    Pointless as I have a Z10 with no miracast. Defeats the purpose of being able to use the device as a remote

Posted via Vader10
    What are you talking about? You can connect your BlackBerry Z10 to a monitor via an appropriate microHDMI-to-DVI/HDMI/VGA-cable and the smartphone screen is for navigation through the BlackBerry Express presentation while the monitor shows the actual content. BlackBerry Express does not mirror the content of the smartphone.
    flaminSaganaki and chern like this.
    11-14-13 06:30 AM
    Ahahahaha I love your sn.... flammincheese

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-14-13 06:33 AM
    Your reddit in motion app with a tutorial powered by BB Express would be amazing.. Not that I need it. Cause I;m a freaking BB10 addict and I know my way around the OS. But for the casual user, it would be great and certainly pleasing to the eyes. Perhaps make a suggestion to BB Dev?
    11-14-13 07:58 AM
    I'd like the "Export" (Share) function of Express to be a bit better. I'd like to be able to send a presentation to Youtube (as a video) or at least save my presentation as a video. I just emailed it to myself and it opened on my PC as an HTML link that wasn't a presentation, just a page with all the content. I love the app, but I think converting it to a video is needed so that you can share presentations after giving them.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    11-14-13 02:58 PM
    I'd like the "Export" (Share) function of Express to be a bit better. I'd like to be able to send a presentation to Youtube (as a video) or at least save my presentation as a video. I just emailed it to myself and it opened on my PC as an HTML link that wasn't a presentation, just a page with all the content. I love the app, but I think converting it to a video is needed so that you can share presentations after giving them.
    Like this?
    11-14-13 03:15 PM
    I think they should make a website like prezi so that you can just export it to that and play it on a computer from there.

Posted via CB10
    the_igg and chern like this.
    11-14-13 03:20 PM
    Like this?
    Can I ask how you recorded your screen to make the video version of the presentation? Looks good and great BBXP presentation content. Agree with the Channels integration.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:15 PM
    Screen Recorder by Toysoft Screen Recorder - BlackBerry World

It seems like only the native music player will play while recording

I edited it using the native video editor
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-14-13 04:28 PM
    Man that video was awesome!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-14-13 07:08 PM
    That's a great idea. I hope someone is listening

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:48 PM
    Like this?
    BBM Channels is only a distribution channel if everyone uses BBM. A generic movie/video format during export of a BlackBerry Express presentation would be much more useful. But again you cite an example whose content if devoid of any mention of enterprise/professional use cases. Heck there isn't even a mention to educational use cases which is even odder considering BlackBerry seems H3LL bent upon appeasing the watch-and-drool youth market. - -
    11-15-13 03:17 PM
    I completely agree. They should get rid of docs to go and have TAT keep working on BlackBerry express but also on a spreadsheet and word processing app. And maybe even desktop versions to go along with them.

Posted via CB10
    Would love to have a desktop version.....need that screen real estate for my tired eyes :/ but I doubt BlackBerry will ever implement it

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:42 PM
    I think they should make a website like prezi so that you can just export it to that and play it on a computer from there.

Posted via CB10
    Now I could see BlackBerry doing this. The idea of a desktop client that I've heard others suggest is just wishful thinking (although, I would love that).

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:49 PM
    Now I could see BlackBerry doing this. The idea of a desktop client that I've heard others suggest is just wishful thinking (although, I would love that).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah same here. I just think that the app has tons of potential so I'd love to be able to use it for presentations in school.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:36 PM
29 12