Hello CrackBerry,

So it seems there was quite a stir when John Chen's compensation of ~$80-mln CAD came out, thereby making him the highest paid executive in Canada for 2014.

However as I am sure everyone on CrackBerry is well aware of in terms of the laziness of the media and willingness to skew information to have catchy headlines, this wasn't really the case. Blaze & co. already had an article dispelling this story but I decided since people seemed so curious - to post compensation data of some other BB executives.

BlackBerry Executive Compensation Data-compensation.png

Now compensation for executives of public companies is not hidden information and not hard to find. For Canada it is through Form* 51-102F6 � Statement of Executive Compensation and the U.S it goes through the SEC. *Please note Dr. Sandeep's compensation is for fiscal year 2015.
    01-15-16 08:11 PM
    Wow, in some ways it's disgusting but I guess compared to other companies it may be in line with what they are being paid. I know I don't make that sort of money, like a lot of other people I wish I did just for a year or two.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:22 PM
    I guess the moral here is that they are all well paid?
    01-15-16 09:23 PM
    Yes and no. Or at least, maybe not as well compensated as it looks at first glance. As I understand it once you get to that level there are things included in the compensation numbers that is handled differently than those of us down in the trenches.

For example, I think many executives are not allowed to participate in the standard retirement plans. This means the companies have to offer up different solutions, 100% of which is included in the annual compensation numbers.
    01-15-16 10:06 PM