Guys, from the main home screen on your blackberry, if you hold Alt and press LGLG - this brings up your event log, which apparently logs everything that is done on your blackberry. Someone told me if you clear the log it will speed up your blackberry.

Has anyone heard of this and does it actually work?
    I do not want to clear the log if there is no need...

Thanks!
    JK
    12-27-09 08:33 AM
    Guys, from the main home screen on your blackberry, if you hold Alt and press LGLG - this brings up your event log, which apparently logs everything that is done on your blackberry. Someone told me if you clear the log it will speed up your blackberry.

Has anyone heard of this and does it actually work?
    I do not want to clear the log if there is no need...

Thanks!
    JK
    It doesn't necessarily "speed" up your device, but the event log, as you said keeps a record of the device's functions and logs them appropriately. So when you clear the log, it free's up memory that was otherwise used to log events, thus help the device function a little quicker with more available memory.

Always MAKE SURE to pull the battery for 30 seconds after clearing the log.
    12-27-09 09:51 AM
    I wouldn't worry about clearing the log unless your hourglass/clock is spinning and doesn't go away very quick, If you phone is slow is more likely to be an application running someplace.

I use the clear log function more for the 8100 pearls and 8320 curves,, The new BB's have tons of space.
    12-27-09 09:54 AM
    it just clears up a bit of memory much like clearing cache or clearing the call logs, its wont make a substantial difference but its fine to clear it out. no harm
    12-27-09 09:59 AM
    I wouldn't worry about clearing the log unless your hourglass/clock is spinning and doesn't go away very quick, If you phone is slow is more likely to be an application running someplace.

I use the clear log function more for the 8100 pearls and 8320 curves,, The new BB's have tons of space.
    It's not always about memory and speed. You can retrieve a deleted number from your call log and other things if you know how. Very useful is the event log.
    12-27-09 11:49 AM
    It doesn't necessarily "speed" up your device, but the event log, as you said keeps a record of the device's functions and logs them appropriately. So when you clear the log, it free's up memory that was otherwise used to log events, thus help the device function a little quicker with more available memory.

how much memory does the event log use? I think it would be better to stop any background apps rather than clearing the event log.
    12-28-09 05:41 AM
    I set my curve NOT to log any events. That way I don't have to worry about clearing it.
    Nothing ever in there now. There are directions in another thread on how to do this if you want to go without your event log!
    12-28-09 06:23 AM
    how much memory does the event log use? I think it would be better to stop any background apps rather than clearing the event log.
    400kb maximum and it is constantly populated. As new data is logged older info
    is replaced.

I set my curve NOT to log any events. That way I don't have to worry about clearing it.
    Nothing ever in there now. There are directions in another thread on how to do this if you want to go without your event log!
    No, actually you did not. What you did is make the log un-viewable. There is
    no way to prevent the log from being created. To test this, use a program
    such as BBSAK or CrackUtil and you will see the log still gets created.
    12-28-09 11:42 AM
    In fact I have stopped my BB from creating
    an event log altogether. One less thing to have to worry about.

In all my troubleshooting, no one at AT&T, RIM or here has ever
    asked me to look at my event log.

The quote above is from an older post of yours!(AG)
    SO which is it? Is the event log not created or just unviewable??????
    Or doesn't it even matter?
    12-28-09 11:50 AM
    Unviewable. Unless you know how to remove the event log from the OS, which is possible, it's logging whether you see it or not...
    12-28-09 11:54 AM
    The quote above is from an older post of yours!(AG)
    Un-viewable. For the longest time I thought removing the Event Log Viewer
    and / or unchecking everything stopped the logging. That was proven to be wrong.

All in all though, it is an issue not worth worrying about. 400kb is a drop in the
    bucket as far as memory goes.
    12-28-09 12:04 PM
    Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. So you wouldn't recommend removing the .cod file from the OS to uninstall the whole thing?
    Guess I'll leave it be then if there's not that much to gain.
    12-28-09 12:48 PM
    Nope, I wouldn't. In fact removing the .cod only removes the Event Log Viewer and
    really does not save much memory.
    12-28-09 12:55 PM

Please help!! I cleared my event log, and pulled the battery for 30 seconds...Now it will NOT restart!! The LED goes red for about 30 seconds, then I get the BB start up bar for about 5 seconds, then it goes away and shuts off! The red LED comes on again for about 30 seconds again and it starts all over!! But it will not come on!!!

I did back up the OS first, but the phone won't come on for me to restore!! Can someone PLEASE help, asap!!

I haven't installed any other programs and haven't made any other changes to my phone - other than 3 days ago, going to the CB Leaked BB 9000 OS 610. But I've done several battery pulls, testing various things since then. No other issues until I cleared the event log!
    04-20-10 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD