I understand the animosity toward T-Mobile, but exactly how is this good for BB?
    Maybe not good, but lesser of the two evils- perhaps it's better not to continue a relationship with a carrier who encourages people to get rid of their BB phones.
    05-04-14 12:50 PM
    this is not good... I have been with T-Mobile for 10 years... great plans especially when it comes to international travel. I would not be surprised if AT&T follows.
    My ATT store didn't have BB inside the store. Last time I was there, they said they were going to start having BB phones on the floor - so that's a good change - doesn't seem like they are following (atleast not as of now).
    05-04-14 12:58 PM
    You won't see BlackBerry phones from T-Mobile unless they get snatched up by sprint! You won't see any BlackBerry phones on anybodys floor until the Z3 and the classic comes state side. BlackBerry isn't to worried about the consumer side right now they're interested in getting cash from enterprise. Anybody on the consumer side that wants the phone can get it which they are counting on. Those are the BlackBerry faithful which is roughly 8-10 million people.

A good all touch priced around 450$ and a all new type of qwerty phone for 450$ will bring them into cash flow positive.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:45 PM
    [WARN]This is a smartphone forum, not a political one. Don't get each other riled up that way, or we start issuing valuable points that may redeemed for free vacation time.[/WARN]
    05-05-14 01:10 PM
    [WARN]This is a smartphone forum, not a political one. Don't get each other riled up that way, or we start issuing valuable points that may redeemed for free vacation time.[/WARN]
    Berger to the rescue again! Thanks for stamping out yet another. We really have to stop running into each other like this .

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    05-05-14 01:21 PM
    It was an analogy Berger, I wasn't being contentious at all in my post. I agreed with some points made and builded upon an analogy.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    05-05-14 04:36 PM
    It was an analogy Berger, I wasn't being contentious at all in my post. I agreed with some points made and builded upon an analogy.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    I understood the analogy, but in our experience, equating smartphone subjects to politics or religion is like mixing rocks and nitroglycerin. Smartphone chat is incendiary enough, as it is. But, my warning was more to head it off before it went way off the tracks.
    05-05-14 09:27 PM
    Berger to the rescue again! Thanks for stamping out yet another.
    Regardless the analogy used, I reiterate that I think your analysis of Chen's effectiveness is way off.

80% of what he is dealing with he had little to no control over when he started. What he does have control over, he is doing a decent job at. There is not going to be any miracles with a company in the shape RIM/BlackBerry was in when Chen was appointed CEO last November. Nor do I envy anyone taking on a lousy situation like that.

Anyone that understands the smartphone industry as a whole, BlackBerry's history/financial condition/market perception and understands business in general, IMHO should have been able to see long ago that there are not likely to be any "grand smartphone introductions" or "grand marketing pushes" any time soon, because the company simply does not have the money or human resources to do this right now.

EVEN IF they chose to blow several hundred million dollars on such a fool's errand, the likelihood of gaining any significant market traction in developed markets right now for the company is slim to none. Which means they would essentially be throwing money away that they can hardly afford to blow.

I do not expect the company to be able to make any major smartphone initiatives in major developed markets until at least 2015. The Q20 will probably have little impact on the consumer market in places like the USA. (Depending on the design of it - that's based on the assumption that it will basically be a slightly larger Q10 with the "belt".)

And that's if they decide to stay in the smartphone business at all. It's a brutal market sector that NO ONE except Samsung and Apple are making money at right now.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 05-06-14 at 12:21 AM.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    05-05-14 11:28 PM
    Anyone who wants to talk smack about John Chen...you ABSOLUTELY have my vote! I have been trying to drum up support for a petition that throws him out on his ***. He was supposed to be an INTERIM CEO. Interim's up!

If John Chen puts the cool back in BlackBerry, releases the Windermere (confirmed in the BlackBerry Dev Blog as coming soon) this year, and the build quality of the Windermere includes a steel chassis as found on the Q10, I will personally create a YouTube video of me eating every bad word I have ever spoken about him. Literally.

Doggerz likes this.
    05-14-14 11:36 AM
    If John Chen puts the cool back in BlackBerry, releases the Windermere (confirmed in the BlackBerry Dev Blog as coming soon) this year, and the build quality of the Windermere includes a steel chassis as found on the Q10, I will personally create a YouTube video of me eating every bad word I have ever spoken about him. Literally.

I have a confidence in John Chen that I did not have in the previous regimes so I'll be expecting that video to be shared on CrackBerry by years end.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    05-14-14 03:21 PM
    I'm a person of my word.

05-14-14 06:39 PM
    And now they're back together T-Mobile and BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 03:26 AM
712 ... 272829