Hi, i currently use an iphone, and can move my emails onthe device to specific email folders on my outlook desktop pc ... eg : move email from inbox to "to do folder" , and it moves on my desktop ..

i am told the BB cant do this ? is this right ? if it can , which BB device can offer this ... i hopw one can , as i want a BB rather than my iphone.

ta
    Si
    07-18-11 04:24 AM
    Hi, i currently use an iphone, and can move my emails onthe device to specific email folders on my outlook desktop pc ... eg : move email from inbox to "to do folder" , and it moves on my desktop ..

i am told the BB cant do this ? is this right ? if it can , which BB device can offer this ... i hopw one can , as i want a BB rather than my iphone.

ta
    Si
    The native blackberry email can't do this but there's an email app called Logicmail that can.
    07-18-11 05:27 AM
    many thanks , is this tried and tested ...

if its a green light, then i will go ahead and get my BB sorted..

thanks
    07-18-11 05:41 AM
    many thanks , is this tried and tested ...

if its a green light, then i will go ahead and get my BB sorted..

thanks
    Absolutely 100% works, native email will give you instant push(if you set up your email using imap settings) and Logicmail gives you access to folders and older emails, I swear by it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 05:58 AM
    You mention MS Exchange - will the Blackberry be hooked up to your works Blackberry server? If so you are able to file emails if the blackberry is setup with a corporate Blackberry Enterprise Server.

If your setting up via a consumer account and BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) then the above poster is correct and you can't file natively from the BB unless you are using a google email account.
    07-18-11 05:58 AM
    hi, yes the BB will be hooked up to my desktop works PC with outlook via exchange ...if that makes sense...

using my works email add, not a gmail or yahoo a/c.

ta
    Simon
    07-18-11 06:05 AM
    is your company providing access via their Blackberry server? Or are you doing this off your own back via BIS?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ats-difference
    07-18-11 07:24 AM
    hmmmm, no idea ! ... all i know is that , at the mo, i use MS Exchange on my desktop and iphone... could not be sure how the BB will or what it will use.
    07-18-11 07:52 AM
    Absolutely 100% works, native email will give you instant push(if you set up your email using imap settings) and Logicmail gives you access to folders and older emails, I swear by it.

So Logicmail does not support push? Is it an IMAP only client?
    07-18-11 08:06 AM
    hmmmm, no idea ! ... all i know is that , at the mo, i use MS Exchange on my desktop and iphone... could not be sure how the BB will or what it will use.
    Does your employer's exchnage server have IMAP access configured?
    07-18-11 08:08 AM
    So Logicmail does not support push? Is it an IMAP only client?
    No it doesn't have push and it doesn't use BIS, works directly on the carrier's network and wifi. However, I see I can set notifier ringtones so I presume it has some sort of regular email checks but I never use it that way.

07-18-11 08:10 AM
    mine would be using a BIS ... we dont run enough BB to warrant the full BES...

Si
    07-18-11 08:30 AM
    mine would be using a BIS ... we dont run enough BB to warrant the full BES...

Si
    Ok, next thing you need to know is if you can have imap settings for your work email account.

07-18-11 09:19 AM
    am told by my IT guys, that we run on an IMAP setting service now.
    07-18-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD