Why don't blackberry open a "Web mail" for everyone, where email between the service users will be encrypted. With all the Nsa spying thing, blackberry could have many clients...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:30 PM
    That's not a bad idea actually. They do have much experience in the email department and the security/ encryption department. So why not?
    05-08-14 03:48 PM
    Agree - BlackBerry should offer a complete Cloud Service Solution. Email, Cloud Storage, Auto Backup, optional BES Cloud Services....
    cgallaer likes this.
    05-08-14 03:55 PM
    They did have @carrier.blackberry.com email, only available in BIS and has been dropped, methinks. I don't think they have the resources to run Web mail right now, especially since you have things such as Gmail or Outlook as competitors, better integrated into everything

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 11:11 PM
    I would pay money for a @BlackBerry account!

Beproud - BlackBerry 10
    05-08-14 11:41 PM
    Why don't blackberry open a "Web mail" for everyone, where email between the service users will be encrypted. With all the Nsa spying thing, blackberry could have many clients...
    RIM would probably get a lot of problems in many countries, especially in the US and the UK but also in the EU. Indeed nobody official is interested in e secure e-mail-system. If anyone would we had one for decades. Nearly all official authorities in almost every modern country work on the maceration of their own national standards. The individuum should not communicate encrypted. Who encrypts something has something to hide. Why? Who is he? And who knows him?

BTW: RIM had already to open especially their BBM communication for authorities in several countries years ago. Think since the attack on the Hotel in Mumbay (2008) and the riots in the UK (2011) where BBM played an important role. In several arabian countries (UAE, Saudi Arabia) official authorities tried to deliver spyware to BBs during normal software updates. (German Wikipedia lists that, the English lists Kim Kardashian ...)
    05-09-14 01:42 AM
    They could probably do this very easily as a subscription service for personal users that would like some of the benefits of a BES account (like encryption). . .
    cgallaer likes this.
    05-09-14 08:44 AM
    Great idea, why not start with all the BlackBerry smartphone users and let everyone know, I am sure all the BlackBerry users will surely start using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:16 AM
    there's no escape from surveillance . if not NSA, then somebody/thing else.
    bbq10l likes this.
    05-09-14 09:52 AM
    RIM would probably...
    Who is this "RIM" you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 10:48 AM
    I would pay for an @BlackBerry account.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 02:55 PM
    I do not believe you can legally operate an email service in the USA that couldn't force you to open your doors to the NSA under court order. I know Lavabit had stupid lawyers and stuff, but all the "secure" email services closed because they couldn't legally fight the authorities. There was even a recent ruling when an American company has to turn over records on foreign servers (!).

Maybe there could be a loophole by not calling it "email", and calling it something else. They also need to not store the data on their servers, which might be an issue for imap/exchange type stuff.

There is no secure, encrypted, public system, that is seamless (without extra hassle). Otherwise, it'd be here by now. The public wants convenience over security.

I think this is our next hope: Dark Mail Technical Alliance
    muellerto likes this.
    05-09-14 08:43 PM
    Who is this "RIM" you speak of?
    I use the term "RIM" to name the company (especially in historical context), and "BB" to name devices, as it has been for many years.
    05-10-14 03:48 AM
    Maybe there could be a loophole by not calling it "email", and calling it something else. They also need to not store the data on their servers, which might be an issue for imap/exchange type stuff.

I think this is our next hope: Dark Mail Technical Alliance
    Perhaps. But there's still more important: e-mail never had trusted senders, so many documents can't be sent as e-mail, only as signed paper. This makes also SPAM to be still a topic. e-mail has still (after decades) some damned issues with character sets in the body and in the headers, especially in the subject. My family name has an "�" - try this in the sender's real name ... The more than 30 years old concept needs a complete redesign.
    05-10-14 04:07 AM