In the app store you can purchase ebook packs of the horror, adventure genre, etc. Each pack says it includes the ebook reader with the following features:

Features:
    High quality fonts to increase readability
    Bookmarking support
    Easy scrolling
    Progress indicator
    Easy Installation via Blackberry Desktop Manager
    No complicated desktop installation!
    No extra software needed!

Anyone got this? Any good? Will it read my existing ebooks in .pdf format?

Thanks
    02-23-09 08:00 PM
    Just so food for thought-ive been using mobipocket reader-u register online compt user name/pw and then access thru ur bb with that by dwlding the app to ur bb. I've purch'd 2 books & dir dwld to my bb & it also goes to ur comp mobi acct. Books r newhere from$2 & up. Ur basic "paperback" is $7 and u can dwnld sample to see if u like the book b4 u purch it. Good luck with ur decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:45 PM
    Just so food for thought-ive been using mobipocket reader-u register online compt user name/pw and then access thru ur bb with that by dwlding the app to ur bb. I've purch'd 2 books & dir dwld to my bb & it also goes to ur comp mobi acct. Books r newhere from$2 & up. Ur basic "paperback" is $7 and u can dwnld sample to see if u like the book b4 u purch it. Good luck with ur decision.

Thanks, Shellie. I might give mobipocket a go. Mainly i'm looking for something that would read my pdf books...so really, a pdf reader.
    02-23-09 08:49 PM
    Mobipocket works very well as a book reader. I've been using it since I carried a Casio BE300 PDA years ago, and also on my WinMo device (pre-BB). Page turns on the BB are as simple as pressing the space bar, and there is quite a number of books available in mobi format, plus several websites that carry the mobi format.

You can shop around and get some good prices on books as well.
    02-23-09 10:22 PM
    i use wattpad... hundreds of thousands of FREE books too.
    02-23-09 11:09 PM
    I second the recommendation for Wattpad! The application is free to download and install. You can't get better than free! I am actually surprised that the wattpad app is still free, because it is a must have for anyone who loves to read!

02-23-09 11:18 PM
    The mobi converter on the pc will convert pdf ebooks to mobi format.

02-24-09 05:45 AM
    Another vote for mobipocket. As mainiak said the desktop version is able to convert many formats to one that is compatible with the on berry reader

02-24-09 06:41 AM
    I vote for WattPad as well. I have found lots of free full version books that are recent publications that I love to read!!
    02-24-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD