Lost my blackberry, and have to get another. Can I buy a blackberry off ebay that says compatible with Verizon and it really work? Stupid when it comes to phone tech.
    08-20-09 03:34 PM
    you should be able to, I think Verizon is a GSM network (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so you would need a GSM bb in order to swap the ESN with the lost one.

make sure your not buying a blacklisted ESN though, you won't be able to activate it.
    08-20-09 04:54 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA network.

You can buy off eBay. I've bought a couple of phones off eBay for Verizon, but be vigilant about checking the seller's feedback and asking as many questions that come to mind before buying. You definitely don't want a blacklisted ESN, and you definitely do not want a pin-locked phone. Okay, well, some people don't care about that, for whatever reason, but if you plan to use BBM and the like, make sure the pin is free, too.
    08-20-09 05:40 PM
    Lots of sellers sell berries on crackberry so check it out in the market!

08-20-09 05:46 PM
    I had bad luck with bulk resellers. Got a good one from an individual who was upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 10:27 PM
    You can get one of ebay with no troubles. Its whee I got my first one at you could also check craigslist as well

08-21-09 12:46 AM
    If you buy off ebay, you can also purchase a warranty from squaretrade.com for a reasonable price.

Also, for eBay purchases, make sure you use Paypal. Paypal gives you several layers of protection if you receive a phone that is DOA or significantly different than what was described (new vs. used).

You can't get a warranty on a Craigslist BB, or one purchased on CB's Marketplace.

That said, I bought my 8330 from another CB member and haven't regretted it one bit.

08-21-09 01:02 AM
    Yes u can get one of ebay but make sure u do your research and make sure everything is good with the seller

08-21-09 08:50 AM
    Looking into bb on crackberry now...
    08-21-09 08:51 AM
    Looking into bb on crackberry now...

Let us know how it goes!

08-21-09 09:16 AM
    You might want to consider Craigslist. There might be one available locally that you can look at before you buy.
    08-21-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD