Amazon have done something interesting.

Well sort of.

They have produced (another slab) with a touch of magic and visual flair.

We all no that the Fire phone is a forked android device, with a now pretty standard set of features and internals but just like the BlackBerry Passport, this phone will stand out in the crowded lands of mobile tech because it dares to be different regardless of hi expectations of customer engagement or almighty impending belly flop, from the Empire state building.

I believe Aristo should have been a BlackBerry made Fire phone.

The Z30 is a great phone as most who follow BlackBerry already know.

But imagine if after all the uphill battles with the consumer BlackBerry has had, they dropped a TAT UI designed (Dynamic Perspective lol) (otherwise known as TAT inspired UI) 5 Inch, 1080p full touchscreen smartphone on the public.

This is something that pisses me off about BlackBerry in general.

They have so much talent in house but don't seem to want to lead at pivotal times when the industry and consumer, needs them to.

I will conclude with this statement : The BlackBerry Passport is the best hardware innovation I have witnessed since the RIM heydays.

I am really pleased that it made it through the maze.

Mark that calender, September is when we really start getting serious again.

C001C21C1 Thoughts on the fly
    07-23-14 04:14 PM
    I will get my passport when it is available

#BBFactCheck
    keypad likes this.
    07-23-14 04:17 PM
    I feel the Amazon phone has some cool factor - but out of largely useless features to me and the majority. It seems the early reviews are stating that sentiment exactly.

Wow factor is always good - but if it doesn't add value, people's BS-radars will see through the gimmick quickly.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    07-23-14 05:19 PM
    I feel the Amazon phone has some cool factor - but out of largely useless features to me and the majority. It seems the early reviews are stating that sentiment exactly.

Wow factor is always good - but if it doesn't add value, people's BS-radars will see through the gimmick quickly.

Posted via CB10
    I think that's true with the tech people such as those on this site but I think that the general consumer is not so critical of gimmicks, otherwise Samsung would be doing a lot worse.

I conceded that android has the internal specs and apps so BlackBerry really needs to get this amazon app deal on the road.

Marketing is also an area with much improvement needed as has been discussed many times on the forums.

My point is, you have to be different to be noticed in this world whether it's good different or bad different.

07-23-14 05:37 PM
    My point is, you have to be different to be noticed in this world whether it's good different or bad different.
    Definitely. The Passport is headed in the right direction more so than any BlackBerry device in recent years.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 05:55 PM
    The Passport is headed in the right direction more so than any BlackBerry device in recent years.

Posted via CB10

+1

07-23-14 06:07 PM
    Buying a factory unlocked passport as soon as it's available on the Blackberry online store.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    keypad likes this.
    07-23-14 08:59 PM