Is blackberry working on making phones with dual camera's? For like the storm or torch well any blackberry? Because that will be something cool since all these other phones are getting them and I would like that for my blackberry so I can video chat away from the computer.
    01-12-11 12:51 PM
    The BlackBerry line is foremost a mobile email platform, second a phone, and third an internet gadget. Reinventing the wheel and using a handheld device for video chat... eh. It's my opinion that video chat is best used for video conferencing, not goofing around.
    01-12-11 12:59 PM
    That is true for the current generation of BlackBerry, but there is an emerging catigory of Super Phones on the horizon.

The PlayBook is our best guide to where RIM is going in that direction. Half a PlayBook will be a Super Phone.

The chip supports dual Cameras, just a matter of time until it is practical.
    01-12-11 01:32 PM
    There was a prototype photo of a BlackBerry with a front-facing camera on the home page over a year ago, so it has been something on the drawing board for a while now. We've just not seen one some out yet.

Possibly we will see dual-camera BlackBerry devices once an LTE version comes out.
    01-12-11 06:18 PM
    Makes sense to wait for a dual camera model. Wait means wait, not asking every time. Follow all blackberry sources on which ever sources you use and when it's released, go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 06:23 PM
    The Black Berry 9630b, Blackberry C9000, Black Berry 8900 all are dual camera phones with advanced features and apps.
    01-13-11 03:45 AM
    The BlackBerry line is foremost a mobile email platform, second a phone, and third an internet gadget. Reinventing the wheel and using a handheld device for video chat... eh. It's my opinion that video chat is best used for video conferencing, not goofing around.
    There's other reasons to want video chat than goofing around or conferencing (business). Like keeping in touch with friends and family around the country. For example I use youtube on my BlackBerry to see my cousins baby over the years. It's really neat. But I'd love video chat for that.

There is a middle ground between teenager use and business only use. That's what a lot of BlackBerry die hard fans are not seeing when they say BlackBerry is "a serious" phone and others are "toys for goofing around."

I'm excited to have that feature with Android.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-11 at 04:01 AM.
    01-13-11 03:57 AM
    That's the problem. Having to wait....

Most BB users (myself included) are tired of waiting and watching all these other phones with killer power and features pass us by and wave while RIM sits quietly in the corner.

For those that stick around and wait for RIM to take action, do you think it will be worth it? Can they step back into the fight? Or will it end in disappointment?

01-13-11 10:34 AM
    Chinese often made Dual SIM and dual camera phone ,I'm also waiting this function made by Blackberry
    01-14-11 12:48 AM
    The front facing camera is ridiculous. Its been available for decades and yet, in the USA it is now all the fuss because the iPhone4 has it, and all the KIDS have to follow like sheeps.

01-14-11 12:52 AM
    As if talking on the phone and texting weren't enough distraction already.

01-14-11 01:13 AM
    front facing camera is what i'm waiting to be available on blackberry devices.. plus if it can works together with the data plan for video calling like other European phone like nokia and others.. mostly blackberry user are among the business men or professional that travels alot.. a video call really can help to ease their homesick and connect to the love one..
    01-14-11 01:23 AM
    sorry pal, totally disagree with you...bb better hurry up cause i"m looking elsewhere, i am a business man and was able to cut out 20,000 in travel expense last year.
    03-30-11 06:33 PM
    Is blackberry working on making phones with dual camera's? For like the storm or torch well any blackberry? Because that will be something cool since all these other phones are getting them and I would like that for my blackberry so I can video chat away from the computer.
    i with you brother!
    03-30-11 06:34 PM
    sorry pal, totally disagree with you...bb better hurry up cause i"m looking elsewhere, i am a business man and was able to cut out 20,000 in travel expense last year.
    You saved $20,000 in travel expenses doing what exactly?? Using a front facing camera??

I simply phone call or conference call could have done the same....
    03-30-11 07:57 PM
    You saved $20,000 in travel expenses doing what exactly?? Using a front facing camera??

I simply phone call or conference call could have done the same....
    Sorry, it's not the same. Sometimes putting a face to a colleague or client is invaluable! Also, being able to visually show something is a big help. The way I always describe RIM/BB is that its the best communication device, being that it has the best email, best IM, and txt capabilities. But RIM needs to take it to the next level. Recently I was overseas with some friends and we all were using BBM to keep in touch with our some of our family and friends. Unfortunately we couldn't use BBM to reach everyone so we used Skype. That was my first time using it and I saw it's potential. I've heard so many times of people who keep their BBs just to use BBM because it allows them to communicate with their families overseas. It mad me think, why doesn't BBM have a FULL voice chat and video chat feature. It's the obviously next evolution step. This requires a front facing camera. While the Iphone 4 and Facetime aren't a big deal to some, it is a big selling point. RIM needs to step their game up!
    03-31-11 04:37 PM
    I recently saw Facetime in action. My cousin's toddler called his grandparents (my aunt and uncle). It was so neat! Very clear and smooth. They gave us a tour of their new house and the kid loved seeing his grandparents.

I'm excited to try Skype!
    03-31-11 04:59 PM
    I don't think a lot of people realize the value of dual camera smartphones. For the deaf community. It's a big deal. We rely heavily on text and email to communicate since talking on the phone is NOT an option. With the dual camera I will be able to make video phone calls through sign language interpreters and be able to "speak" with hearing people or do point to point video calls with other deaf/ASL users. In essence it has given the deaf community a chance to actuality use the smart phone as a phone.

I have a blackberry curve and been a blackberry user for four years. I would hate to switch to a Driod or iPhone. I got a 3G iPhone that I converted into a iTouch and I'm already bored with it and know I would hate it as a phone.
    08-22-11 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD