I'm torn between the Blackberry and Droid. I have been a Blackberry owner for the past 4 years and love my Blackberry. It's hard to give up my Blackberry. I'm affriad that the Blackberry will end up like the Palm. Is the Storm 2.5/3/4 worth waiting for? Will the new Storm compare to the Droid?
    08-26-10 08:52 AM
    Being this a Blackberry based forum, i'm sure you'll know the out come.

If you as the same thing @ android central, i'm sure you'll know the out come

Bottom line if you want security go with Blackberry

if you want apps, media, and browser experience go with the Android.

We do have FroYo working up for everyone to try some. And Gingerbread is in the oven.

and let the flamming begin

until RIM opens the SDK/GL and turns open source like Android is. NO storm will ever be as good as Android.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 02:12 PM
    No flaming. Blackberries aren't for everyone. Droids are great phones. I've tried them out, not for me. What an awful world this would be if we all liked the same things.
    08-26-10 04:57 PM
    Blackberry = Machine

Droid = Toy

It's that simple....
    08-26-10 05:11 PM
    Blackberry pluses:
    security for business
    BBM
    ease of use of OS right out of the box (until OS6 hits more devices)

Android pluses:
    Open OS-endless possibilities of tweaking
    better web browsing
    more useful apps
    more mind numbing apps as well
    faster processors
    better screens
    better touch experience
    more choices of manufacturer
    08-26-10 06:22 PM
    Blackberry = Machine

Droid = Toy

It's that simple....

Android = BMW M3

blackberry = caddy

sure it gets the job done but faster is funner

08-26-10 07:31 PM
    depends if your a teen and under go with the droid.

if your an adult that has any class what so ever go with the blackberry.
    08-26-10 08:55 PM
    If you are truely torn try a droid first and if you don't like it return it before your thirty days and get a BB! U know what to expect from the BB
    08-26-10 09:01 PM
    Blackberry = Machine

Droid = Toy

It's that simple....
    If you enjoy outages, battery pulls and freezes, low memory along with antiquated hardware and software, by all means go with Blackberry. I've owned 5 Blackberries (7250, 8130, 8330, Storm 1 and Tour) and none hold a candle to either my old Motorloa Droid or new Droid X.
    Blackberry is going the way of Palm, more likely sooner than later. There are many of us who jumped ship after waiting and waiting, going by the numbers that population is growing daily.
    08-26-10 09:26 PM
    If you enjoy outages, battery pulls and freezes, low memory along with antiquated hardware and software, by all means go with Blackberry. I've owned 5 Blackberries (7250, 8130, 8330, Storm 1 and Tour) and none hold a candle to either my old Motorloa Droid or new Droid X.
    Blackberry is going the way of Palm, more likely sooner than later. There are many of us who jumped ship after waiting and waiting, going by the numbers that population is growing daily.
    That's quite melodramatic.

To the OP, you could spend a useful hour listening to the latest Podcast on this site. Kevin has some very interesting insights into the future of BlackBerry.

I don't think RIM is going anywhere; some people just get a little bit excited.

Last edited by dodger_moore; 08-26-10 at 09:57 PM.
    08-26-10 09:54 PM
    I think I'll be getting a Droid X or Droid 2 in the September-November timeframe. I'm a Tour user now, and really need a better web interface/more powerful browser, processor, etc... Bold is a Tour with more memory, trackpad and wifi, I.e. not so much an upgrade as a mostly lateral move.

RIM had better add a product line that brings the fight to droid/iphone sometime soon if they want to hold onto their share of the consumer market.

Granted, I'll miss the security, push email, and bbm, that's for sure. But I'll find a way to get over it...

To call the droids "toys" is to stick your head in the sand and pretend they're not amazing devices, which they are.

08-26-10 10:08 PM
    Let the flamming begin

08-27-10 09:51 AM
    I think I'll be getting a Droid X or Droid 2 in the September-November timeframe. I'm a Tour user now, and really need a better web interface/more powerful browser, processor, etc... Bold is a Tour with more memory, trackpad and wifi, I.e. not so much an upgrade as a mostly lateral move.

RIM had better add a product line that brings the fight to droid/iphone sometime soon if they want to hold onto their share of the consumer market.

Granted, I'll miss the security, push email, and bbm, that's for sure. But I'll find a way to get over it...

To call the droids "toys" is to stick your head in the sand and pretend they're not amazing devices, which they are.

you will not lose "push email" and Androids have Google Talk so you aren't "losing BBM" you are gaining the ability to talk cross platform and even to people talking on PC's...

and there are very little viruses out there for androids. just make sure to read the reviews before installing any applications.

08-27-10 09:54 AM
    Funny, I talked of outages yesterday and here one is today. What good is push email if you can't get it because of a national outage? What made me get rid of my last Blackberry was honestly an issue of safety. I witnessed a car crash between 3 SUV's, and when I tried to call 911 the phone froze up and I had to do a reboot and wait 6-7 minutes before I could call. That is unacceptable.
    08-27-10 02:00 PM
    Don't you people get weary of these whose is bigger sword fights. I spent an hour last week messing with themes and you know who came to my rescue? A person with a great attitude that was posting from his Droid! All of you that have to bicker about whose is better do yourselves and everyone else a favor. Celebrate the differences and variety. It's what keeps us all from becoming Robots! To Each Their Own!

08-27-10 04:59 PM
    My upgrade isn't till the end of the year. Till then I'll stick(stuck) with blackberry. Hopefully I'll be able to at least try blackberry 6 by then. Dunno what phones will be available by then from RIM, Android, or others.

08-27-10 09:41 PM
    None really in terms of Android, except maybe the Samsung Fascinate.
    The Storm 3, but that's only a warmed over Storm 2.
    08-27-10 10:57 PM
    My upgrade isn't till the end of the year. Till then I'll stick(stuck) with blackberry. Hopefully I'll be able to at least try blackberry 6 by then. Dunno what phones will be available by then from RIM, Android, or others.

I wouldn't get too excited about 6! Will be bettr but won't be an android! Talking about the browser anyways. Like everything else about my BOLD
    08-27-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD