OS7 - bold 9900 - fit for the Queen (and Duke). KB design (smily) is the best with proper stiffness of the key pad dome provide user feel-back. you can close eyes and type really fast. Runner off is 9860 - compact media phone with plastic cover display and multiple speaker to provide near full range sound.
    OS10 - 10.3.2 or later. Z30. again acoustic is great, antenna design is super for reception (para). only thing I don't like is OLED (color balance is a bit off) and camera response is slow -- BB always got problem with camera... some how the software design slow down the reponse - just a guess... (someone need to check line by line of the code and see where auto-focus, or execution sequence got messed up IMHO... or went in to loops until exception... ).
    07-02-18 09:44 PM
    Mine would be Blackberry Bold9900 since it's my first one and also I enjoy texting with it. Unfortunately I can't find a new one to replace the one i misplaced.
    07-02-18 11:48 PM
    Mine would be Blackberry Bold9900 since it's my first one and also I enjoy texting with it. Unfortunately I can't find a new one to replace the one i misplaced.
    You can find all sorts of them on eBay, even new ones. You'll need to order it with a spare battery though, or even a couple. I'd love to be able to run my old 9700 and 9790 again but my carrier no longer supports BIS
    07-03-18 06:34 AM
    It has to be the Passport for me.

I guess the one that makes me the most nostalgic is the Bold 9700, the phone that REALLY established BB as far as I'm concerned. But the Passport by far is the best all round device I've ever used, still brilliant after all these years.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Z30! That device convinced me BB actually knew how to build a brilliant all touch slab. So it's a tie then, between the PP and Z30.
    07-03-18 06:38 AM
    For me, it's the one and only 6210, the first BlackBerry with an integrated phone!

I received mine when I joined a startup division of a Fortune 500 company as the COO in 2004.

Over the next 18 months I sent in excess of half a million work emails on that thing, and received twice as many.

Posted with my trusty Z10t
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 07-03-18 at 07:39 AM.
    07-03-18 07:05 AM
    Bold 9000. My first ever BlackBerry phone, personal and business.

I really enjoyed this keyboard of the Bold series phones by BlackBerry!
    Last edited by deezy87; 07-05-18 at 10:39 PM.
    07-03-18 09:34 AM
    bold 9780, great device, I still have it, love it, always smiling how small it is in comparison with K1
    07-03-18 02:30 PM
    For me, it's the one and only 6210, the first BlackBerry with an integrated phone!

I received mine when I joined a startup division of a Fortune 500 company as the COO in 2004.

Over the next 18 months I sent in excess of half a million work emails on that thing, and received twice as many.

Posted with my trusty Z10t
    I thought the first one with phone integration was the 5810. I was thinking that this would make it the legendary status since it was something that no other company did. It was the brown one with some orange buttons, if I recall correctly.

If we were to look back even before that, I think the 850 series could be considered that too. They deserve to be in the museum. The 850 was a pager, if I recall correctly. Some of the new generation of folks may be asking "what on earth is a pager?"

Anyway, definitely think it was those original devices that should be considered legendary. They are the foundation upon which everything else was built. Thank you BlackBerry (RIM).
    07-03-18 02:35 PM
    I thought the first one with phone integration was the 5810. I was thinking that this would make it the legendary status since it was something that no other company did. It was the brown one with some orange buttons, if I recall correctly.

If we were to look back even before that, I think the 850 series could be considered that too. They deserve to be in the museum. The 850 was a pager, if I recall correctly. Some of the new generation of folks may be asking "what on earth is a pager?"

Anyway, definitely think it was those original devices that should be considered legendary. They are the foundation upon which everything else was built. Thank you BlackBerry (RIM).
    There were a couple of earlier units that allowed phone calls with a headset, but the 6210 was, I believe the first true BlackBerry handheld phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-03-18 03:16 PM
    BlackBerry Curve 9300 is beautiful. It's like my body is a smartphone or my smartphone is part of my body. Max. integration with human without actually being in the wearable tech category.

[Other BBOS 6 & 7 phones will probably be just as good, but l haven't tried them. Q5 & 10 & Classic would be great too, but for OS10 being a major demerit]

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition: the mother of all phones. Shame it can't be put on BBOS 6 or 7. OS10 is a major demerit for me. The camera, which l use for work, is beautiful and along with the camera app, KILLS a >20MP phone camera from another manufacturer that l've also checked out.

A photo taken for work is always going to be square shaped where the interesting stuff is. Therefore the rest of the screen is a waste. Therefore another reason a phone's pixel count means not so much against a BlackBerry Passport, apart from its [edit: apart from the BB Passport's] superior image processing. Oh .. and the keyboard scrolling? Beautiful, no need to obscure the screen or press wrong icons on a shopping webpage. The messaging experience with the upward swipes for words ... beautiful. OS10 puts the Passport at a major advantage for not having spandangle features that Android gives its phones, but there's intrinsically very little of any use in those things. Anything good in Android, OS10 should copy.

I have a list of improvements for OS10 btw. I'm not an enemy: l have touched base with another manufacturer's Android phone and am impressed by the graphics but just don't like Android. More in another post maybe.
    Last edited by IgnoreMeForever; 07-03-18 at 08:12 PM.
    07-03-18 07:27 PM
    BlackBerry Curve 9300 is beautiful. It's like my body is a smartphone or my smartphone is part of my body. Max. integration with human without actually being in the wearable tech category.

[Other BBOS 6 & 7 phones will probably be just as good, but l haven't tried them. Q5 & 10 & Classic would be great too, but for OS10 being a major demerit]

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition: the mother of all phones. Shame it can't be put on BBOS 6 or 7. OS10 is a major demerit for me. The camera, which l use for work, is beautiful and along with the camera app, KILLS a >20MP phone camera from another manufacturer that l've also checked out.

A photo taken for work is always going to be square shaped where the interesting stuff is. Therefore the rest of the screen is a waste. Therefore another reason a phone's pixel count means not so much against a BlackBerry Passport, apart from its superior image processing. Oh .. and the keyboard scrolling? Beautiful, no need to obscure the screen or press wrong icons on a shopping webpage. The messaging experience with the upward swipes for words ... beautiful. OS10 puts the Passport at a major advantage for not having spandangle features that Android gives its phones, but there's intrinsically very little of any use in those things. Anything good in Android, OS10 should copy.

I have a list of improvements for OS10 btw. I'm not an enemy: l have touched base with another manufacturer's Android phone and am impressed by the graphics but just don't like Android. More in another post maybe.
    Use BBAndroid so you feel BBLoyal...
    07-03-18 08:07 PM
    Passport hands down. By far. Nothing even comes close. The king of phones.
    07-03-18 08:07 PM
    Android makes me feel like l'm in the hands of an evil clown that has his routine nailed, and is therefore alright at what he does but is nonetheless a creepy things driving you down a creepy road, or at the very least, distracting you so badly with settings and scintillations and accidental presses that you stand a chance of being killed in a collision because this type of thing *creates* mobile phone zombies.

The acme of phones was either the Curve 9300 or vast no. of similar BB phones, OR the Passport. The rest is your LIFE which you gotta LIVE. The phone is just a springboard to that. People forgot this and went too far into this entire walky talkie business and now people are literally DYING as ZOMBIES in the streets.

Out of curiosity, how does BBAndroid compare with other Androids? I never got a BBAndroid because of the price point, even with used handsets.
    07-03-18 08:18 PM
    By the way: l have a sense of BBLoyalty but not much. I'm only into BB because the Curve and the Passport were just hands down great phones!
    07-03-18 08:21 PM
    IMHO Blackberry Passport is a legendary device . It was the first ever device which redefined the PKB and look the user experience to the next level. Passport acted as a launching platform for all the future PKB devices from BBRY and TCL. Passport name will be etched in golden letters in the hall of fame . No other device attracted so much attention both from the fans and the critics than the Passport.
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    07-04-18 02:01 AM
    IMHO Blackberry Passport is a legendary device . It was the first ever device which redefined the PKB and look the user experience to the next level. Passport acted as a launching platform for all the future PKB devices from BBRY and TCL. Passport name will be etched in golden letters in the hall of fame . No other device attracted so much attention both from the fans and the critics than the Passport.
    i started with bbos 5 and gave up at bbos 7. i came back with bb keyone.
    07-04-18 03:05 AM
    I love my Passport SE, but I only moved to OS10 to keep up with apps etc.
    For me, OS7, using the trackpad is the ultimate experience.
    If the trackpad or trackball was introduced now, everyone would go WOW!
    With OS 10, Android, and IOS, you have to use two hands to do practically everything. ( one hand holds phone, the other clicks on an app ).
    With the trackpad, you just hold the phone, with your thumb on the trackpad, scroll through all the apps, click on one, scroll again etc. And this is all done without having to move or lift your hand ONCE!
    Am I not right in saying the trackpad could easily be integrated into Android?
    07-04-18 03:57 AM
    Footnote: In fairness to OS10, the Classic uses the trackpad.
    I will never understand why anyone ever thought that having to use two hands is better than having to use one.
    07-04-18 04:13 AM
    I didn't have a smartphone until 2012 when I bought the Bold 9900, I was a BlackBerry shareholder before I was even a user!

For me the Bold 9000 was such a gorgeous, executive looking and high end hardware device from a look perspective. It had the leather back, the amazing keyboard and the beautiful silver metal ring around the phone. It looked amazing! I bought one two years ago only for the look and nostalgia for that phone.

Bold 9900 was an amazing device from a look perspective as well as functionality and how BB7 went so well with the trackpad and the call/end buttons. It was the BlackBerry device I saw all over the corporate world and it had such a great feel in your hand and when typing on it. They were also very durable devices!

For me, my baby is the Passport SE. What a unique device, something I always get complimented on and the screen shape makes viewing a lot of things, just unique and interesting. Web browsing with this phone is like a computer, watching videos is great for me too and the keyboard and the look of the phone just screams messaging and business! The hardware, speakers and BlackBerry 10 with Hub is also amazing on phone due to the higher end specs!

So many good memories with the phones mentioned! Truely an inconic design company!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-18 04:21 AM
    Possibly the original Storm. Loved and hated by many, such that it has it's own "Rants and raves" subforum under the device forum.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-04-18 04:34 AM
    No brainer, imo. 9900. The 7 year old daily driver I'm typing this on. Left thumb only, over breakfast.

9900 was arguably THE flagship of BBOS starting with its 1.2GHz processor that holds its own surprisingly well to this day. Even beyond its sales numbers that BB has only dreamed about since (despite being VERY expensive for its day), how many other handsets ever enjoyed reintroduction 3 years later? Afaik, it provided the basis for first of elite Porsche Design series... ??

It was arguably the last of fully featured handsets to include:

* single handed friendly COMPACTNESS that stabilizes a most exquisite PKB experience.

*smiling keyboard that best matches thumb's natural articulation. Dunno bout other folks but MY thumbs aren't mounted on linear slides, thank you. Lol.

*toolbelt that includes a physical "END" phone call hard key that actually reliably ENDS a call! No matter what app you've migrated to mid-call. A privacy issue on other "soft end" devices that hasn't been adequately acknowledged among "the professions", imo. Lol.

*trackpad implementation that makes its compact 2.8" screen wonderfully accessible. Even with MY giant thumbs. Lol. Utterly unmatched for spreadsheet selection & editing. I frequently prefer 99 over desktop for spreadsheet editing. Thanks mostly to superb trackpad implementation. Microsoft should sell 9900 configured data entry appliances as companion hardware for Excel! Imo. Lol.

*swappable battery that restores charge to 100% in less than 3 minutes (including super fast re-boot, thanks to its 1.2GHz processor)

*swappable battery that can be substituted with aftermarket options, when wanted. I frequently avail myself of a 5000mAh monster that powers my 99 thru several DAYS of normal use. Anyone complaining that 9900 needs a bigger battery simply needs to get a bigger battery! Lol.

*swappable battery that keeps weight and size minimized by swapping in smaller batteries for lighter use days. Smaller batteries that CAN be useful because spare CAN be readily swapped in mid day if needed. Tiny JM1 fits SOooo nicely in pocket!

*swappable battery that permits powering thu battery swaps! I haven't plugged this 9930 into a usb charger for YEARS. I let the spare battery stay wired to wall outlets while 9900 stays in hand! True wireless freedom!!

* charging contacts that simply work in desk & auto cradles withOUT heat generated by Qi.

*convenience key that I program to "Messages" (similar to "Hub") that makes quick message checks one-press easy from within nearly ANY app... Something K1 finally, almost, restored... 6 years later...

*solid, easily repaired build. The stainless steel frame on this 9930 carries battle scars from multiple drops... Including a several story tumble from scaffolding... Lol. Battery can be swapped in less than 10 seconds. I've swapped keyboards during 5 minute coffee breaks. Display is about 10 minutes, for me. The thing CAN be kept in service with minimal downtime. Pro-grade availability!

*etc, etc...

Yes, other handsets have since included SOME of these features. But NONE have included ALL of these features into a single handset since 9900. Afaik. More importantly is how fabulously all of those features were implemented into a maturely refined, eager to please UI package.

Sadly, 9900 represents the last of "Pro-grade" communications handsets. Imo. Designed before BB adopted their policy of compromising Pro grade features in misguided pursuit of consumer unicorns. Lol. How different might BB's fortunes have turned out today had they EVER provided legitimate upgrade path from legacy... By fitting sanely sized Q10 with toolbelt? Might the ensuing migration have provided enough critical mass to jumpstart BB10's fledgling ecosystem??? We'll never know.

Most sad is that it's pre-scheduled for euthanasia by lobotomy in about 18 months. Possibly before that, this 9930 might be facing whatever VZW has planned for cdma...?? So sad that so few will ever truly experience, arguably, the single most collaboratively capable global communications tool to ever comfortably fit a human hand!! Imo, fwiw.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-04-18 at 06:42 AM.
    07-04-18 05:50 AM

*swappable battery that restores charge to 100% in less than 3 minutes (including super fast re-boot, thanks to its 1.2GHz processor)

.......I frequently avail myself of a 5000mAh monster that powers my 99 thru several DAYS of normal use. Anyone complaining that 9900 needs a bigger battery simply needs to get a bigger battery! Lol.
    Mind sharing where you got the battery from.....

BB Classic Q20 sent via CB 10
    07-04-18 05:57 AM
    Mind sharing where you got the battery from.....

BB Classic Q20 sent via CB 10
    FleaBay... Several years ago. No longer available... Had three of them several yrs ago. This is the last one standing. Will fit new cells when time permits.

Other extended sizes up to 3600mAh are still at Amazon. Mugen 3600 provides a solid couple days + of normal-heavy use.

Careful of extended capacity stuffed into OEM sizes, tho. Certain laws of physics aren't so easily violated. Lol.

I like the added ledge on the back created by legitimate extended batts for the stable grasp it provides. Improves typing significantly, for me.
    07-04-18 06:14 AM
    Possibly the original Storm. Loved and hated by many, such that it has it's own "Rants and raves" subforum under the device forum.
    Oh yes . Indeed the Storm took the world by storm .
    07-04-18 06:45 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The BlackBerry I used for the longest period of time and that I consider legendary is the original black Passport.
    Been using my Day One Passport until now... but soon KeyTwo!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-18 08:09 AM
102 1234 ...