Hi guys,

I'm currently in need of a phone and I am also in the position to afford one off contract, though this is a one time option, but I'm not sure what direction to take, so my choices are:

1) Get a BB Bold 9900 only

2) Get a BB Bold 9780 and a BB Playbook

3) Other?

I'm liking the idea of the Playbook as I like to surf the web without having to sit at the PC desk all the time, but I really do like the look of the 9900 (I loved my 9000) & the Playbook option does mean that I would only have a 9780?

Anyone else been in the same position, what did you do, has it worked out?

Any advice is warmly welcome
    08-10-11 11:38 AM
    I'd go for the combo deal if you really want a playbook. Maybe sell the phone and then get the phone you want?
    08-10-11 11:41 AM
    Hi kbz,

Thanks for your help

The items will be paid for outright without contract, so I can't afford my ideal choice, which would be the 9900 & the Playbook & my current phone is worth squat (Motorola V3)!!
    08-10-11 11:43 AM
    I was thinking you could sell the 9780 for enough to get the other phone. Many on here claim they sell their older phone to off set the cost of the newer one but if you're buying outright I guess that wouldn't be an option for you.

Maybe save for a little longer LOL.
    08-10-11 11:50 AM
    Yeah, maybe thats the answer, save a little longer, but it could take some months, and using this V3 is killing me!
    08-10-11 11:52 AM
    Perhaps with a playbook you won't mind the 9780 as much if not having a playbook to bridge with?
    08-10-11 11:54 AM
    Perhaps with a playbook you won't mind the 9780 as much if not having a playbook to bridge with?
    Yeah, good point, prehaps PB & Bold combo would be the best option.

Thanks again
    08-10-11 11:58 AM
    Or you could get one of the Torchs until you can save enough for the Playbook. The larger screen does make a difference. If you're the kind that must have a hard keyboard get the slide out keyboard. If not just go with the 3.7" screen and enjoy. The increased 3G (4G) speeds is worth the upgrade by itself.
    08-10-11 12:08 PM
    Or you could get one of the Torchs until you can save enough for the Playbook. The larger screen does make a difference. If you're the kind that must have a hard keyboard get the slide out keyboard. If not just go with the 3.7" screen and enjoy. The increased 3G (4G) speeds is worth the upgrade by itself.
    Thanks

Yeah, thats something I'd not considered before, but I do like the Bold 9900 form factor and the bigger keyboard but I will check out the new Torch as I haven't given it any time yet?
    08-10-11 12:17 PM
    Thanks

Yeah, thats something I'd not considered before, but I do like the Bold 9900 form factor and the bigger keyboard but I will check out the new Torch as I haven't given it any time yet?
    You're welcome. One other thing. If you were planning on buying the 32g or 64g Playbook you can save yourself some money there. If you get the 16g instead you can split your media files between the Playbook and the phone. Hope it works out for you.
    08-10-11 12:29 PM
    Just buy the 9900.
    08-10-11 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD