Do you eat them McIntosh apples?

I am myself a Windows user but wondered this morning if there are (actually I'm sure there are) staunch BB users who are also staunch Mac users? And I don't want/need a OS comparison thread for desktops and laptops. I know Macs are solid machines.

I'm just curious how a Blackberry hardcore user "reconciles" with his Mac
    (especially given the ready arsenal of arguments most of us Blackberry hardcore users carry against Apple...)
    04-16-14 08:24 AM
    I love my macbook air, great battery and always fast. hate hate iphoto and itunes though. I also own an Ipad and really feel IOS its so limitiing an anti produtive, but i perfer running some apps on it. I can't imagine using an iphone for my daily driver its quite terrible for tasks, email, messaging.
    04-16-14 08:42 AM
    I have iPad and recently moved to MacBook; currently use Z10. When iPhone with 4,7" screen is out, I'll move back to iOS to unify the ecosystem
    04-16-14 09:01 AM
    I am BB through and through but Mac through and through.
    Wouldn't touch anything Microsoft with some else's.
    Qurve likes this.
    04-16-14 09:03 AM
    I can't imagine using an iphone for my daily driver its quite terrible for tasks, email, messaging.
    I hear this often and really don't understand it. I use a Bold 9930 occasionally and iPhone 5. I love the Bold for its simplicity, but it is a little old and does not offer some of the advanced features that more current phones provide. The iPhone is an extremely productive device when it comes to email, messaging or tasks. I would actually say that email on the Bold (at least when it comes to synching with an exchange server) is extremely limiting; the iPhone does a much better job.

My main problem with the iPhone is all of the swiping to get the phone to come out of sleep and get into the appropriate apps, especially when it comes to making calls. i love the sped dial function of the key board!!

But make no mistake that the iPhone is extremely efficient when it comes to messaging, etc.
    04-16-14 11:08 AM
    iphone is just awful, for instance yesterday needed my little sister to send me 100+ pictures from her iphone to me.. she can't upload to her icloud and dropbox because its full.. can't blue tooth to me, can't nfc! can't simply put in an sd card, can't connect to my hd passport drive.. useless device!!!
    04-16-14 11:33 AM
    I love Z10 and my mac pro though I hate not having print to go available for Mac....

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:43 PM
    Love my Z10 but can't stand my mac. It's a brand new macbook air with all the options. Only great thing for me is battery life on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:45 PM
    Love my Z10 but can't stand my mac. It's a brand new macbook air with all the options. Only great thing for me is battery life on it.

Posted via CB10
    Forgot to mention the bluetooth on my mac destroys my wifi abilty.. honestly can't believe apple is developing ibeacon when they haven't had bluetooth working properly for 14 years now.
    04-16-14 12:56 PM
    Everything I own is by Apple. MacBook Pro, iMac, 3 iPods and 3 iPads. I had a iPhone but it's no comparison that why I've always loved my BlackBerrys

Enzetsu's Wallpaper Channel C003653FF
    04-16-14 01:23 PM
    I love my MacBook and I have always loved Mac OS X, however I can't stand iOS it's just not for me my BlackBerry is perfect. As for Microsoft I only use it on parallels on my Mac for leaks and nothing else, phone wise WP8 looks amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:33 PM
    I used an iphone since 2007 and was quite happy with it, as long as I could jailbreak it. I got curious about MacOS and bought a pricey IMAC that died in 2012 after 3 years.
    Because of proprietary policy of Apple's devices I couldn't use the mint 24" screen and was pretty pissed (only the motherboard died, no way to find the connectors to make the 2008 LCD work with a PC).
    So I built a Hackintosh and bought a great Eizo screen and now I have the equivalent of a 2012 Mac Pro (more than 2500euro) for less than 900euro.
    I would recommend the Hackintosh to everyone: it's very stable (never rebooted nor froze once in 2 years- just have to be cautious with Mac OS updates). Very easy to build too and you can make your own mac mini/iMac/Pro for a fraction of the price.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 04-16-14 at 07:06 PM.
    Qurve likes this.
    04-16-14 03:16 PM
    Really interesting posts here.
    I think that if BlackBerry exits the device business some day (God forbid!) i'd give a try to a WP. Being late in the smartphone game like MS (and BlackBerry for that matter!) is not always fatal (well, if you have MS's gigantic resources behind your back...for BlackBerry being late is a different story)

CB10 + my Q2^3+2
    04-16-14 03:54 PM
    MacBook Pro with OSX Mavericks user here. Won't let go of my BlackBerry Z10 running OS 10.2.1. Both devices don't love each other a lot, but are in overall good terms with each other. Yes, printing from Z10 through Mac is imposible. Also, BB Link for Mac (...as it is for Windows ...we have a "family" HP PC with Windows 8 at home) is awful, and there's not been a decent update of Sachesi for Mac available in ages. Hate iPhone and ipad.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:48 PM
    I have used nothing but BlackBerry phones since 2008, and nothing but Macs since then too. I can't stand Windows and and Macs just work. I got sick of working all day on networks and then coming home to fix Windows issues. I run XP in a VM and that is it.
    04-16-14 05:48 PM
    iphone is just awful, for instance yesterday needed my little sister to send me 100+ pictures from her iphone to me.. she can't upload to her icloud and dropbox because its full.. can't blue tooth to me, can't nfc! can't simply put in an sd card, can't connect to my hd passport drive.. useless device!!!
    Been there.

We had a Powerbook G4. Loved it for photography. Hated iTunes. When it died, I did look at another Mac but could not reconcile paying the high price tag. We also had iPod Touches, an Airport router, LacieDisk hard drive, an iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle. Decided to give Windows a chance. I liked Bill Gates' altruistic actions vs Jobs.

I am quite happy with my Asus laptop now and quite surprised at how much it can do. We have also moved away from all Apple products. It's Android, Windows and BlackBerry now. All ecosystems work well together.

I discovered BlackBerry when I needed a phone that could sync with my iCal via PocketMac. Have not looked back since.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-16-14 10:28 PM
    I'm by far the most pitiful of the bunch I think. I was done with Apple when they changed the name from "Apple Computer Inc" to Apple Inc. I don't care for iOS or OS X whatsoever, but grew up with Apple and clung to OS 9 long after it was dead. Still use it from time to time since my old G4 tower is the only machine I have around.

I can mount my BlackBerry by enabling mass storage, then when I plug in it freezes, so I hit the three key combo to terminate and voila, upon a quick "rebuilding the desktop", my SD shows as an external drive and I can drag and drop stuff freely. I will always love actual Macintosh, not this crap they sell today. Long live OS9

How 'Bout them Apples?
    04-16-14 10:58 PM
    ... I will always love actual Macintosh, not this crap they sell today. Long live OS9

How 'Bout them Apples?
    I love the classic mac OS. The second computer I had regular access to was a Mac II with the "high resolution" 13 inch display. It was very cool when I was 12. I even modified some code from a game programing book to run in Microsoft Basic. Over the years I had many older model Macs.

On the other hand, I also had (actually still have) a NeXTStation turbo, which I picked up circa 1996. To state it simply, OpenStep makes any version of the classic Mac OS look like a joke. Considering that OS X is an updated, if slightly broken version of OpenStep, I'll take OS X. I just wish they would bring back the left handed scroll bars and floating menus, although they aren't anywhere as big of a deal as they used to be.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:20 AM
    I just use whatever works best to fit my needs and preferences. After 20+ years of Windows, I bought a MacBook last summer and couldn't be happier for both my personal and work use (I still have a Bootcamp Windows partition for when I absolutely do need it). I use either a BlackBerry or Android for a smartphone because they just fit better for how I like to use a phone. However, on the tablet side, I prefer the iPad. There are enough cross platform and sync services out there that I can use a variety of devices running different OSs but still have more or less the same information on whichever one I pick up.
    04-17-14 12:48 AM
    I used an iphone since 2007 and was quite happy with it, as long as I could jailbreak it. I got curious about MacOS and bought a pricey IMAC that died in 2012 after 3 years.
    Because of proprietary policy of Apple's devices I couldn't use the mint 24" screen and was pretty pissed (only the motherboard died, no way to find the connectors to make the 2008 LCD work with a PC).
    So I built a Hackintosh and bought a great Eizo screen and now I have the equivalent of a 2012 Mac Pro (more than 2500euro) for less than 900euro.
    I would recommend the Hackintosh to everyone: it's very stable (never rebooted nor froze once in 2 years- just have to be cautious with Mac OS updates). Very easy to build too and you can make your own mac mini/iMac/Pro for a fraction of the price.

Posted via CB10
    Just to shout out to another fellow hackintosh user! I've been building my own towers since Leopard. Now it's running mt.lion. I also have mac book, ipad and minis. I love how iTunes and BlackBerry Link are finally coming together, especially ALAC support On 10.3. I could only wish BlackBerry would work on Airplay. I can only dream!

Off topic, but I don't understand your logics. 1.) there are many ways to upload photos: Picture Import if on Windows, Preview if on Mac. Came built in. Or sign up for another Dropbox account. 2.) you can't just stick your SD card on another branded device and expect it to work without formatting. 3.) even if iPhone had nfc, you really think you would tap to transfer those 100+ photos individually? 4.) moreover, a BlackBerry needs BlackBerry Link in order for the system to recognize it; not the case with iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:09 AM
    I switched to Macs in my business in 2009 from Windows PC's and I am not looking back. I have 3 iMac's, 2 Macbook Pro's and they have never let me down and Apple's customer service is the best in the business, period.

I have had every iPhone since the first model and the Nexus Android devices and they all serve a purpose. I choose to use a BlackBerry z30 because I mainly use my device for emails, messaging and my social apps (Facebook & Twitter). I find BlackBerry OS10 does these better then IOS and Android.

As much as I liked my iPhone 5s and the app ecosystem, I found myself loving the z30 and BlackBerry OS10, I tried to go back to IOS after using OS10 for a couple of months and found myself missing the Hub, Peek and using the swipe function instead of that dam home button to navigate.

I don't know if anyone else has tried switching back, but to me my BlackBerry z30 and OS10 is like a magnet that's keeps pulling me back to it, strange but very true and I am liking it.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    Qurve likes this.
    04-17-14 04:12 AM
    Just to shout out to another fellow hackintosh user! I've been building my own towers since Leopard. Now it's running mt.lion. I also have mac book, ipad and minis. I love how iTunes and BlackBerry Link are finally coming together, especially ALAC support On 10.3. I could only wish BlackBerry would work on Airplay. I can only dream!
    Posted via CB10
    Hi there!
    Also on Mountain Lion (multiboot: 2HD on Mac OS and other HD on Windows8)and not so eager to upgrade to Mavericks as M. Lion works 100% fine.
    I also have 2 ipads and still have 2 iphones (in drawers) but I really think they should reshape itunes (it manages too many things and could/should be a lot more swift).
    Even if I use the sd card to add music (or download it directly from internet with my Q10) there's a good app that sync itunes wirelessly with your BB10 device: Sync My Itunes.
    It works fine and I just have to add stuff in my BB10's folder in itunes to sync it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:08 AM
    I think the worst part about owning a mac is having to switch back to windows when its necessary. closing windows, zooming and minimizing being on the other side bugs me a lot, more then it should. scrolling the wrong way because of how Apple has natural scrolling set up. etc etc
    04-17-14 07:58 PM
    Just purchased a new iMac a few months ago. Really like Apple computers and won't use anything other then a BlackBerry. Link works good enough for the few times i've needed it. Actually thing BlackBerry desktop manager worked better in a lot of ways.
    04-17-14 08:10 PM
    I ditched Windows when my XP machine started dying a slow, painful death, and my only option was Vista. Went to a Mac and didn't look back ... much. My Mac is still my daily driver. But after failing multiple times to get Windows running in a virtual environment (salvaged copy of XP, of course), and needing Windows for a handful of tasks that are simply not possible on a Mac (installing BB leaks, and messing with my car's ECU, for instance), I eventually broke down and got a Windows 7 lappy. And there are still a few necessary web sites that just won't work with anything but IE on a Windows machine, believe it or not. And because I have it, I do most of my BB-Link stuff in Windows because Link on the Mac is still mostly crap, though it is improving over the crap it used to be.
    04-17-14 08:28 PM
27 12