Hello,

I am struggling to get VZW site to complete download and the BB software upgrade page doesn't show an upgrade button.

Can someone offer any help?

Had a BB 8830 for one year but still feel like a newbie.
    Very easy from their site I just started it and waited till it was done and all is working great

Thank you
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    BlackBerry Device Software Upgrade

Supporting Carriers:

Rogers (8100, 8110, 8120, 8300, 8310, 8320,
    8800, 8820, 9000)
    Verizon Wireless

Reported, but not confirmed:

Alltel
    T-Mobile (USA)

Pending Carriers:

AT&T
    Bell Mobility
    Nextel
    Sprint
    Telus
    Virgin Mobile

Please try it with your carrier, when confirmed I will move them to Supporting carriers.
    AllTel's worked fine for me. I have the 8130.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 04:26 PM
    I just updated my T-Mo 8320 with the new OS 4.5 (a link can be found on T-Mo support page) which I'm loving since it added the video feature, but now I'm finding my battery is draining almost twice as fast as it used to. I rarely use the video feature, in fact my Berry usage has remained the same since the upgrade.
    Does anyone know why this might have changed?

Also, has anyone noticed that they lost all of the pre-loaded wallpapers after the upgrade?
    11-12-08 06:06 PM
    I have been waiting for confirmation of T-Mobiles update stratagey, thank you.

BlackBerry has responded to the memory concerns, the preinstalled sample images are not include in the update package.

I have been using the upgraded software for some time and have not noticed any changes in my battery service life.
    11-12-08 08:10 PM
    I have to tell you i was worried, i postponed doing it for the longest time.
    Reading from this forum there are so many do's and dont's. Well it went really smooth and now i have it loaded.

1. I downloaded and installed blackberry manager 4.6.
    2. downloaded and ran 4.5 handheld software
    2. connected my phone to my computer.
    3. opened blackberry manager.
    4. the manager prompted me about upgrading to 4.5
    5. before i clicked next i clicked on options and put a check on
    backup.
    6. clicked next and about 30 minutes later i was updated.
    11-13-08 10:28 AM
    it would not let me upgrade. After going to the link, I clicked on upgrade and Run.
    11-14-08 01:43 PM
    I got the application loader up and going but after connecting to my device I get a message that "an error has occurred while connecting to the service. Please check your internet connection or try again later". Internet connection is fine. Any clue how to fix this?

Are RIM's servers overloaded or is the issue on my end? Have an Alltel Curve 8330.

UPDATE: Got a little further this time. I'd tried turning of AV and firewall to ensure that nothing interfered, but oddly enough, turning them back ON made it start up fine. Unfortunately, during the backup process I got a another "fatal error" which scared me. My device seems fine, though, but of course it hasn't been updated.

Advice?
    Last edited by wbailey; 11-19-08 at 05:08 PM.
    11-19-08 04:58 PM
    That does sound like a error at the source, not on your computer.

Perhaps, try it again off prime time.
    11-20-08 10:33 AM
    I finally got it to work! Yeah! It was really easy once it actually did the update. I guess their server is overloaded.

Question: Is there a tread somewhere that says what applications are compatible with 4.5 and what are not? I've got some apps that appear not to be working. Some of them it turned out got deactivated, so I needed to set them up again, but others should be working but are not.
    11-22-08 12:09 PM
    Good information here
    11-22-08 07:40 PM
    Supporting Carriers:

Alltel
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Rogers (8100, 8110, 8120, 8300, 8310, 8320,
    8800, 8820, 9000)
    Verizon Wireless

Reported, but not confirmed:

Pending Carriers:

AT&T
    Bell Mobility
    Nextel
    Sprint
    Telus
    Virgin Mobile

Please try it with your carrier, when confirmed I will move them to Supporting carriers.
    After I connected and clicked the upgrade button I was prompted for my password. Just like when I normally use DM. It scanned and I got a window with three options. I have attached a screen shot (work blocks photobucket site). I'm going to say that it's working. I'm on Cellular South with an 8330.
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the great info but there is still no update yet for the BB 8800 AT&T!
    11-25-08 06:22 PM
    After I connected and clicked the upgrade button I was prompted for my password. Just like when I normally use DM. It scanned and I got a window with three options. I have attached a screen shot (work blocks photobucket site). I'm going to say that it's working. I'm on Cellular South with an 8330.
    Sweet! Celluar South has been added to the green list.
    11-26-08 11:00 AM
    I have completed this upgrade on my curve 8330. After the upgrade, it duplicated all my calender entries. This was a real drag but fortunately i had backed up the device before the upgrade, so i was able to restore the calender and that seems to have taken care of the duplicate entries.

However, now i can't delete any entries in the calender. Just won't delete them. It says its deleting them, but they don't go away.

So far I'm not too impressed with 4.5.0.77 which is what my About screen says I'm running.

My advice? unless you need the upgrade to fix a specific bug you are dealing with, I would stay with want you have.

Better the devil you know when it comes to upgrading to 4.5
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    Good call on doing a backup prior to the device update.

However, now i can't delete any entries in the calender. Just won't delete them. It says its deleting them, but they don't go away. ...
    Have you tried an Advanced Restore of just your Calender?

That should overwrite the current file, including all the problem entries.
    11-26-08 02:26 PM
    I downloaded the latest 4.5 version software and now I cannot set up any new custom ringtones for my contacts. I also lost all of my preloaded pictures that came with the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this too? I would like to know how, f possible to get these all back.

Thanks
    11-27-08 12:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You can count of plenty of help, but we need to confirm some information first. Are you using an 8330 Curve with Verizon? If so, did you use the link that does an automatic upgrade?

Next, what version of software do you have installed? Options / About has that information.

Preloaded pictures, video and music samples have been removed, it saves you a lot of memory your Curve can put to much better use. Getting them back is possible, but it requries restoring your Curve, saving the pictures then upgrading again. Takes about 2 hours.

Odds are good, individual images posted in the Wallpaper sub forums. If not, ask there and they will likley appear.

It is the ringtone issue that concerns me. You were able to do that with v4.3xx?
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-27-08 at 12:42 PM.
    11-27-08 12:35 PM
    Help!!! I just installed the 4.5 to my BB pearl 8100 and my phone keeps rebooting....It wont stay on...whats wrong????
    11-28-08 11:49 AM
    I need some help, I downloaded and installed 4.5 on my Rogers 8110 and now I can't properly access my Rogers WAP site and if I go to the gameloft website I get an error that says I don't have permission to access "/PurchaseEngine". Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?

11-28-08 10:35 PM
    Help!!! I just installed the 4.5 to my BB pearl 8100 and my phone keeps rebooting....It wont stay on...whats wrong????
    Welcome to CrackBerry Alejandrina, that is our worst nightmare.

Lets go over the basics, you have previously installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager and you have use T-Mobiles / BlackBerry upgrade?

Did you see the "Successful upgrade" message before you unplugged your Pearl?

Have you repeated the Upgrade procedure and are there any error messages presented?

You can take manual control and restore the OS is less then an hour if need be.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    11-29-08 02:37 PM
    I need some help, I downloaded and installed 4.5 on my Rogers 8110 and now I can't properly access my Rogers WAP site and if I go to the gameloft website I get an error that says I don't have permission to access "/PurchaseEngine". Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?

Rogers upgrade worked flawlessly for me. The DoMore WAP Browser connection works correctly.

Report the gameloft problem to the web site, they will be very interested in getting to the bottom of this potential problem.
    11-29-08 02:41 PM
    great info here, thanks
    11-29-08 02:47 PM
    when I upgraded my pearl, I lost all the preloaded pics.

when I did my curve from 4.3 to 4.5, my rollerball was very stick for the first 5 minutes or so. Just in case anyone else had troubles...everything else was good.
    12-04-08 01:39 AM
    hey folks,

I bought a couple of bluetooth devices capable of playing music from my 8100 Pearl (which was not working). I was told by T-mobile that I don't have the upgraded software in my phone capable of sending music via bluetooth. Currently I have 4.2.1.103 and I guess I need 4.2.2. at the very least. I followed the update link in this thread, but it said I have the latest version of the software already.
    T-mobile also said that they don't know when the next upgrade capable of sending music to the luetooth devices is coming to their website.

Is there any way I can get an upgrade so that I can start sending music from my phone to my bluetooth devices? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!
    12-04-08 05:53 PM
    If you have viigo on your bb. Look under bb cool. The link to v4.5 is in the one that starts wit "Gps now unlock for verizon".

12-06-08 04:02 AM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD