After numerous failed attempts, I ended up downloading the version posted in the Blackberry Curve 83xx forum. Version 4.5.0.77
    10-13-08 01:01 PM
    I think the biggest problem people might be having is caused by not deleting the VENDOR.XML file from the version downloaded from the BB site.
    10-13-08 01:05 PM
    I am running 4.5.0.81 on my Curve/8320 with T-Mobile. No problems at all.
    We have to be careful to distinguish between BlackBerry Automatic Update and a manual update.

At this time, T-Mobile does not support the Automatic Update.

Great thing about the Automatic Update, no worries about the Vendor.xml file. It is there and it does it's job correctly.
    10-13-08 02:25 PM
    BlackBerry has a support page that lists the new features and improvements.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

As for the strange forwarding, the North American carriers link directly to the BlackBerry Device OS page. I can not speak for the European carriers, but it would be hosted in your native language, somewhere in the EU.
    Okay. I think I will give it a try in these days.
    But first I want to know if this Blackberry
    is the right one to download for my 8100?
    T-Mobile NL redirects me here, and yes a Czech-based website where no login is required.
    79MB
    Then just follow instructions as posted here on different threads, just plug&play using Desktop Manager?

*still affraid in upgrading OS*

I would be suggesting to moderators one 100% clear thread concerning upgrading, all tips/tricks/how to's in one place. Now I am finding a bit info here and there around the CB forum.
    10-15-08 05:58 AM
    The link you provided does take me to the T-Mobile Europe page, but it does require a logon to continue. I can not verify that it actually takes me to the correct device OS page.

If your intension is to upgrade your T-Mobile 8100, I can recomend the link to the latest carrier supported update v4.5.0.81.

The process is not difficult, but is complicated enough to be a concern the first time through.

link to follow...
    10-15-08 10:43 AM
    The link you provided does take me to the T-Mobile Europe page, but it does require a logon to continue. I can not verify that it actually takes me to the correct device OS page.

If your intention is to manually upgrade your T-Mobile 8100, I can recommend the link to the latest carrier supported update v4.5.0.81.

The process is not difficult, but is complicated enough to be a concern the first time through.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...-0-81-a-75891/

This package is supported by Vodaphone Australia and does include English and East Asian language support. That may not be suitable if you require the European language package.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-15-08 at 10:51 AM.
    10-15-08 10:47 AM
    I wonder when Sprint will have it come out.
    10-15-08 11:45 AM
    for some reason or another i cant download the new software from bb.com?
    10-16-08 12:01 AM
    I have been checking like everyday to see if my phone is finally supported but to no avail. I asked a rep about the upgrade for humor and I was told that she didn't know it was a different OS in 8220 vs any other Blackberry offered by Tmo.
    10-16-08 12:30 AM
    I see that you have VZW posted as a supporting carrier. I tried a few hours ago and the apploader told me I had the latest update (currently running 4.3), and that I could sign up for an email update when a higher version is released. Was this added within the last 2 hours? Also, what version is it? After numerous failed attempts, I'm currently upgrading version .77 posted from the sticky of the Blackberry Cuve 83xx Forum as we speak.
    Help me please anybody........
    It told me the same exact thing and Im running v4.2.2.180(Platform 2.5.0.36)
    T-Mobile 8320 Curve
    10-16-08 01:49 AM
    i looked at the Verizon software update page for BB and it still says 4.3
    10-16-08 02:24 AM

If your intention is to manually upgrade your T-Mobile 8100, I can recommend the link to the latest carrier supported update v4.5.0.81.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...-0-81-a-75891/

This package is supported by Vodaphone Australia and does include English and East Asian language support. That may not be suitable if you require the European language package.
    Thx but still confused.
    If my link didn't work try to click Free Dowload (works oly froma PC) which will take you to the download page for all RIM devices.
    Anyway according to this " official" EU downloadportal for T-Mobille-BB users this version is called : 8100M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel92_PL2.7.0.72_A4.5.0.69.exe
    Should I give it a try?
    10-16-08 08:38 AM
    for some reason or another i cant download the new software from bb.com?
    I have been checking like everyday to see if my phone is finally supported but to no avail. I asked a rep about the upgrade for humor and I was told that she didn't know it was a different OS in 8220 vs any other Blackberry offered by Tmo.
    Help me please anybody........
    It told me the same exact thing and Im running v4.2.2.180(Platform 2.5.0.36)
    T-Mobile 8320 Curve
    T-Mobile has not yet authorized the new software, it will come soon.
    10-16-08 10:19 AM
    Thx but still confused.
    If my link didn't work try to click Free Dowload (works oly froma PC) which will take you to the download page for all RIM devices.
    Anyway according to this " official" EU downloadportal for T-Mobille-BB users this version is called : 8100M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel92_PL2.7.0.72_A4.5.0.69.exe
    Should I give it a try?
    If I understand correctly, that is an 8100 v4.5 upgrade approved by T-Mobile Europe.

Yes, go with that one.
    10-16-08 10:22 AM
    Upgrading in these very moments...
    Man this is killing me... last "connection to device" (see attachment) is very slow and is like this for over 20mins but at least it's moving...

*making myself a cup of TensionTamer*
    Last edited by samsams; 10-16-08 at 11:58 AM.
    10-16-08 11:48 AM
    LOL, that is a very good sign.

Even better, the one that tells you Successful Upgrade.
    10-16-08 02:11 PM
    Thank you and thx to the other moderators.

4.5.069 Tmo Eu approved is installed and perfectly working.
    Nearly all 3rd party apps work perfectly! Only ColorPearl is not working.

*Having a glass of Chianti Classico Riserva now to celebrate it*

As for all my previous posts here with questions and doubts if I should upgrade yes or no, I can also now recommend a 4.5 upgrade!
    If I did it, anybody can....

Thx again everybody!!!
    10-16-08 02:32 PM
    Thanks for that update. That is the typical message when you are already at the currently supported version.

I tried to access Verizon's OS page, but it is asking for a valid email address and will not let me proceed.

I have moved Verizon to Reported, but not confirmed.
    At this time VZW does not recommend that its customers upgrade to the 4.5 or the reported 4.6 that is coming out. They provide support for 4.3 and that is the most up to date software they can assist with.
    10-16-08 08:56 PM
    I see that you have VZW posted as a supporting carrier. I tried a few hours ago and the apploader told me I had the latest update (currently running 4.3), and that I could sign up for an email update when a higher version is released. Was this added within the last 2 hours? Also, what version is it? After numerous failed attempts, I'm currently upgrading version .77 posted from the sticky of the Blackberry Cuve 83xx Forum as we speak.

I used the link provided over a week ago and had no issues with it what so ever and Im on VZ.
    10-16-08 09:41 PM
    Can You Give Me The Link?
    10-17-08 06:18 PM
    I already removed the vendor.xml file but that didn't work. It says that my BlackBerry device is running the latest software version available. I have 4.3.0.127. What else can I do to get 4.5?
    10-17-08 07:33 PM
    I already removed the vendor.xml file but that didn't work. It says that my BlackBerry device is running the latest software version available. I have 4.3.0.127. What else can I do to get 4.5?
    Verizon may be limiting something, if some report success and others report failure, It should be considered Amber.
    10-17-08 09:57 PM
    Verizon may be limiting something, if some report success and others report failure, It should be considered Amber.
    So, What can I do?
    10-19-08 07:38 PM
    Wait. Hopefully, just a few more days.

Better to give them a little more time to get it fully sorted out.
    10-19-08 08:23 PM
    well im in the process now of upgrading tmobile usa curve 8320 i'll let you know how it turns out..
    10-21-08 09:45 AM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD