I am trying to install a downloaded to my PC theme. When I try to install it with Blackberry desktop v5.0 it keeps trying to downgrade blackberry messenger 5.0 I am not sure how to correct this but it is driving me nuts.
    07-29-09 02:28 PM
    I am trying to install a downloaded to my PC theme. When I try to install it with Blackberry desktop v5.0 it keeps trying to downgrade blackberry messenger 5.0 I am not sure how to correct this but it is driving me nuts.
    If you're referring to the action for BlackBerry Messenger (v4.7) being "Remove", that's fine. Just scroll down the list and near the end somewhere should be BBM5, with no action. As long as BBM5 is listed with a check mark and no action, disregard the "Remove" action for BBM 4.7 as it won't actually downgrade or remove BBM. I noticed this myself right after first installing BBM5 a while back.
    07-31-09 10:06 PM
    I see "downgrade" for BBM 5 as well. I've found most of the time I can switch back to the main menu, then back to app loader and get it to change back to no action.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 10:39 PM
    Has anyone resolved this issue?? please help, when i conect to blackberry desktop software it tries to remove the bbm 5.0 (or it gives me the option to downgrade) i own a bb 8830, please help!
    12-01-09 06:48 PM
    That's because the f*ckin Blackberry is f*ckin stupid .. I've got everything messed up because of that , all the auto texts I saved have become like "@@$$%%&&&" !!
    10-12-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD